We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Psilocybe Cyanescens in the UK Options

User_7
#21 Posted : 2/9/2016 6:10:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've found cyans and semis in an equal number of patches and probably totaling equal quantities. The difference is to find semis I've spent hours going out of my way traipsing through muddy fields, avoiding being seen and getting wet and cold, normally without fruits. Cyans I just look in every planter I go past as I go about my autumn/winter. And cyan finds are normally much denser. For me they're already at least joint top active mushroom in the UK. I think it largely depends where you are. Wales and the North are semi strongholds, but the south has never produced as many, and with the invasion of cyans (apparently from imported plants via Kew) I think they will inevitably surpass semis down here.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#22 Posted : 2/23/2017 11:30:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I randomly and unexpectedly found some fruiting P. cyanescens on a wood chip bed in Aberdeen literally a stone's throw from where I live and work last November. It had been an unusually mild winter up this way with a few brief colder snaps. Was a great find as only managed one liberty cap hunt last year, and while quite successful it was an hour's drive...this P. cyanescens bed was a two minute walk. So just happened to be in the right place and there at the right time to discover them...it's like they wanted to be discovered almost! Checked out the ID as best I could, and also checked with US mycologist Alan Rockefeller who was certain they were the real deal. Had a micro dose test which confirmed they were absolutely definitely the real deal (dose turned out not to be so micro). I had heard they had been reported from Edinburgh but further internet research indicated they had been found here before. They've certainly managed to spread far and wide.

PREV12