We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASA issues, need remedy Options

Spaced Out 2
#1 Posted : 2/22/2017 3:15:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Was planning on converting 3g of freebase to fumerates for storage.

Dissolved freebase in acetone, made FASA, combined the 2 and instantly it clouded up like milk, let settle for a bit and now I'm left with goop at the bottom of the dish with a few needles on the sides but no where near what I was expecting, especially with the amount of spice put in.

Really the only thing I can think of that I may have done wrong was not putting enough MgSO4 in the acetone and now the fumerates are dissolved in water at the bottom.

How do I recover all the spice so I can start this over and try again?

Thanks for all input!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

slewb
#2 Posted : 2/22/2017 5:47:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evaporate what you have and you should be left with dmt fumerate. If there is excess fumeric acid dissolve in 12 ml of water per gram (I don't remember where that number is from exactly but it's on the wiki here somewhere), filter and evaporate again. I did the math once I think that leaves something like 40mg unreacted fumeric acid per gram of material.

Spaced Out 2
#3 Posted : 2/22/2017 6:27:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure what's going on now, everything seems to be crystallizing, even the goop, guess I'll leave it alone for a day or two and see what happens, I was just expecting it to happen way faster but have the feeling the goop will return upon drying. That goop is all I'm worried about.

Thanks slewb!

DansMaTete
#4 Posted : 2/22/2017 1:33:24 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

Don't wory, even if what you get is goopy, let it dry (it can take some time)and you'll get fumarate cristals or powder.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

Spaced Out 2
#5 Posted : 2/22/2017 2:27:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks dansmatete,
I checked the acetone with a litmus strip and its back to neutral so nothing seems to be in solution now. I'll see what happens after evaporating all the acetone off and go from there.

DansMaTete
#6 Posted : 2/22/2017 2:42:54 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

You should pipette out the maximun of acetone and evap it on the side. If some fumaric acid is still dissolved in it, it won't contaminated the DMT fumarate.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »