We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A few quick questions for now, and I'll further explain in a minute. (bad experiences) Options

Asher7
#1 Posted : 2/21/2017 12:00:02 AM

Professional Tracker

So, I made this thread last night but I deleted it later. I do this all the time for some reason and sometimes I wish I could get it back. Is there any sort of dump folder here for deleted posts?

Also, is dmt supposed to taste like I would think a rotten tooth does? Like nasty decay?

And one other thing. Are oxides the source of bad interactions with dmt? I recall a post where someone was hitting their dirty pipe and had a negative experience. I was wondering because with vaperizer coils residue builds up and you burn and reburn the residue with each hit you take. There's been some negative effects come to light and I wanted to get into that. Also I just saw a thread in first steps about a guy who took a low dose and started getting thoughts of whether or not "this" was good for him.

I'll get back in a little while but wanted to kickstart the topic in hopes I'd have a few replies to my previous questions by the time I get back.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Psybin
#2 Posted : 2/21/2017 12:59:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
Also, is dmt supposed to taste like I would think a rotten tooth does? Like nasty decay?

That's actually probably the most accurate description of DMT's flavor I've heard to date. Something in between death, melting plastic, and tonsil stones.

Asher7
#3 Posted : 2/21/2017 5:19:16 AM

Professional Tracker

Dammit, I did it again. This time I made a double post somehow and now deleted both.... I put my pants on a half leg at a time.

Well, that is unfortunate about the taste. Even with flavored juice, that is atrocious.

How about the oxides causing darker or more stressing experiences? Like horribly bad panic attacks and just an all around horrible feeling about life and current situations. "Bad trips."

I just now remembered a trip I had on salvia (this was years ago) where I remember describing it like the entire universe was mad and scolding me. The memory is a little hazy but it was like I pissed it off with every action but I don't realize it. There was this sort of deja vu that showed me that it's like "fate" that this life is all going to end terribly and there was nothing I could do to change it because I'm already on a sort of death row.

Like I screwed up somehow in my "pre-birth" life and all this life is is a sort of burning in hell on my way to the execution. The deal is done, no forgiveness, no fixing it, everything is already set in motion and there will be no pardon.

Thinking back the first time I ever smoked it I got the same kind of deja vu feeling about shooting myself with a shotgun. (For some reason the trip chose a shotgun). It was detailed to the point I even heard a phone call my dad made to another family member to tell them.

This is all really dark and morbid stuff but it happened so, for the sake of study I might as well bring it up. I'm not suicidal, and this isn't some covert cry for help or attention, I became a fence beside a strange looking train track one time so, salvia man. That plant is bonkers. I also had some amazing experiences of prenatal life and saw the people/angels that are all around us literally, all the time. Little transparent people that run in from the sides of your peripheral vision like what your eyes see is a movie screen and the usher walks across down at the bottom in front of the screen. Weird stuff.

But considering the taste is actually supposed to be as bad as it is (which is surprising), are sub-breakthrough doses just pure introverted panic attack? It's not like my mind is fighting letting go into some trip it's more like "impending doom" or introspective flagulation of badness. It's hard to describe.

But with that on the table I figure my chances of ever taking a breakthrough sized does drops to 0. Even salvia would throw you a bone from time to time and turn you into a cartoon or give you a sight into how the 5 physical senses tie together in the flesh. So far dmt has me thinking that it may just not be for me.

No magical landscapes or aliens. The first couple of times had some faces, and a lady, some interesting geometry etc. Now it's just body panic attack. Maybe I need to be "broken down" before I can be "built" or something.

Does this make sense to anyone? Any familiarity out there or is this all in my head? I apologize for bringing up the morbid examples but, we're all adults here and psychs sometimes center on less than pleasant issues as I'm sure you know. For reassurance, the reason I'm asking is because it's so entirely out of line with "me". You know what I mean?

(Ah sweet, op is back. I was not aware of an undelete feature)

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 2/21/2017 5:40:28 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Properly vaporized DMT should have very little taste, fresh crystal out of a GVG is a lot like inhaling warm air. The scent should be slightly floral in nature.

If you are experiencing bad taste or smell, it's very likely the material is being pyrolyzed. I expect this is most assuredly the case if you are just dropping it on a coil in a ecig type device.

This is why a true convection style vaporizer (like a volcano, arizer, or gvg) is preferable to conduction heating elements like those in ecigs, dab rigs, and the like.

edit: If you gonna burn it up, put the changa in the bonga Twisted Evil
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

syberdelic
#5 Posted : 2/21/2017 6:03:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cleaner product does feel cleaner. I couldn't tell you why exactly. My speculation is that the oxides, tannins, fats, etc. taste pretty horrible and are irritating to the airways and this has a negative influence on the trip. The other speculation is that oxides and other alkaloids are coloring the experience by acting on receptor sites.

For smoking/vaping, I like to use the most colorless crystals I can get. That being said, even super pure DMT is not going to prevent some really dark trips. If I have a dark DMT trip, I'll usually wait a while before diving in again. I have learned to see it as a reflection of my state of mind. I could keep punishing myself by looking inward or I can start cleaning.

Ulim
#6 Posted : 2/21/2017 10:16:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Usually an unclean vaporizer isnt a problem for me.
I use and electric vaporizer with an oil chamber (Basically just a small metal tube with cotton in it and an opening at the top and small holes at the bottom) that is just dropped into the ceramic chamber where normally plant matter is put in.

After multiple times the voop gets really really dirty depending on my DMT. The chamber is totally black some times. Because when i vape DMT i usually heat it perfectly so all the DMT is gone and the plant matter and fats stay.

Ofc sometimes it happends that I burn the DMT with my technique (I put the voop very high so the DMT can be taken in few pulls, I could lower the heat to reduce burning but then it takes a long time to get all the DMT)
Then what happends is that it really tastes nasty & scratchy especially when there was some other gunk left inside. But the thing for me is I just let the vaporizer cool down and then it can be reused without problems. (If i dont burn it again.

Asher7
#7 Posted : 2/21/2017 7:28:51 PM

Professional Tracker

Alright so I have a couple votes for nasty taste and one for it not tasting like anything. I've vaped weed before and am familiar with the warm humid air from it. What I'm getting from this is entirely different. Also, apparently "resin" shouldnt negatively influence the trip, so it's just that I have a messed up head. It's probably true that my default state is stress/panic so it's probably that.

Well that sucks. I had high hopes for finally getting to try dmt. I'm not sure I even want to bother with the oral route now. Maybe I'm just a messed up cookie but manage to put that on the backburner all the time until these things bring it to light. Oh well, whatever it is I'm stuck with it so no use in crying.

Maybe something else will come along that catches my intrest and will mesh well with my wiring. Either way, successful study, results were had.

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 2/21/2017 7:43:45 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Try the oral dose or make changa. Don't let an inadequate smoking method turn you off pursuing the molecule if it's something you truly want to explore.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

ijahdan
#9 Posted : 2/21/2017 8:17:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As dreamer said, definitely try changa, with plenty of harmalas, especially for low/medium doses. I also had that feeling of impending doom and being mocked by some unseen beings when smoking straight dmt by sandwich method or enhanced leaf. My first extraction attempts yielded bad tasting and very smelly product, possibly due to some contaminants, but since switching solvents and using a different tek (BLAB), the smell and taste is almost pleasant.

Harmalas seem to add a protective blanket and smooth off the sharp edges of the experience whilst adding depth and meaning to it.

Oskar
#10 Posted : 2/21/2017 8:21:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey mate. Don't talk yourself out of it too easily. You've experienced some truly intense things with Salvia, but said it throws you a bone from time to time. I've had mixed journeys with DMT, but my only really dark trip came from a time when I significantly overheated it. Possibly a coincidence, but I don't think so.

It's an amazing thing, magical really. It's not to be taken lightly & I still have a moment of panic every time I go in deep. A moment where I think "Oh no, I don't know if I'm ready for this. Maybe I shouldn't have had so much". But I think getting past that is part of the journey & often leads to beautiful places.

As for the taste, I personally don't mind it, but just think of it like broccoli when you were a kid. Just eat it, it's good for you & then you get dessert! 😉

Good luck on your journeys Asher7

syberdelic
#11 Posted : 2/21/2017 9:57:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oskar wrote:
Hey mate. Don't talk yourself out of it too easily. You've experienced some truly intense things with Salvia, but said it throws you a bone from time to time. I've had mixed journeys with DMT, but my only really dark trip came from a time when I significantly overheated it. Possibly a coincidence, but I don't think so.

It's an amazing thing, magical really. It's not to be taken lightly & I still have a moment of panic every time I go in deep. A moment where I think "Oh no, I don't know if I'm ready for this. Maybe I shouldn't have had so much". But I think getting past that is part of the journey & often leads to beautiful places.

As for the taste, I personally don't mind it, but just think of it like broccoli when you were a kid. Just eat it, it's good for you & then you get dessert! 😉

Good luck on your journeys Asher7

I second this. Except, I will say that there have been a few times with white/clear crystals and vaporizing very carefully that the taste isn't that bad at all.

I also struggle with ROA. Vaporizing is so far the least repulsive. My problem with it is that it is so short lived that it's difficult to pull anything meaningful from it. Oral is so wrought with nausea and gut pain that it becomes something that I endure. This may change as I am currently racking up medical bills for intestinal and kidney issues. Insufflation (nasahuasca) has proven to be too painful and leaves me with a headache and hangover. My experimentation is on hold at the moment, but E-changa will be the next ROA and possibly followed by anahuasca.

null24
#12 Posted : 2/22/2017 1:27:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I can relate to the, er, difficult salvia trips. You're right, that plant seems downright malicious sometimes. I've never felt that way about DMT, it's nature is really nothing like that of salvia, the only real similarity and why the two are sometimes mentioned in the same breath is the ability they both have to completely rend one from this reality and place their consciousness into another one that seems just as, if not more, real than the ordinary one. But metaphorically, DMT is much nicer than salvia.

As far as the taste, some can't stand it, saying that the taste of smoked DMT (as opposed to vaped) is one of the nastiest things they've tasted, but it doesn't bother me that much. I don't get the decay thing and have never heard that before from others. Definitely unique, the closest descriptor is burning plastic- like if you could taste the smell of it. Kind of alien, really.

I don't really recognize a difference in trips from yellow goo as opposed to xtal, other than if there is a high NMT content, since the two seem to metabolize at different rates for me. But as far as trips being dark or not, that seems to have far more to do with my set and setting.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Asher7
#13 Posted : 2/22/2017 3:16:59 AM

Professional Tracker

Ok, so here goes one last time before I just hang it up for awhile and maybe give it another wack down the road. I had planned on trying the oral roa last night so had everything ready to go. I skipped my meds, food, was hydrated and I thought good to go but ended up eating a quick handful of cashews to soften the hunger edge during what might happen. Then, clicked the I love aya thread and there plain as day saw that nuts are one of the big "offenders" with maoi. So, there goes that one again. (I obviously haven't done my research, even though thought I had.)

So the 50mg's I measured out is going to be used for the sandwich method. Unfortunatly I only have a pocket pipe and 0 practice with this roa, but I'll try. At the risk of saying something that might make a person think less of me, I have smoked crack a handful of times in my early 20's so I'll apply the same principals. Unfortunatly the only herb I have is mint from the spice rack so hopefully it smokes smooth. I'm also switching over to the clean and shiny white first pull crystals just to see.

If this has the same results I'll just bury everything in an undisclosed location and leave it for a reapproach months/years down the line in order to be in a potentially better headspace incase that's what the problem is.

One side question, when doing the carbonate wash does that remove plant fats etc. also or just potential residual solvents and lye? Also it doesnt suggest ratios in the faq. What are the optimal ratios of all ingredients when attempting this cleaning?