We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
greetings fellow travellers Options

05hun
#1 Posted : 2/19/2017 4:27:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone, I am happy to finally make it 'in', thank you admins. I can't imagine having many good reasons to post here as there is so much information already shared, but I will try to participate when I have something to ask or add. Seems polite to say hey and introduce myself anyway, so here goes.

A psychonaut in disguise as suburban mum and corporate drone, I quietly grow shrooms and acacia, and extract DMT with gratitude, for my own use and sometimes sharing with special people. LSD cured me of years of depression and anxiety, DMT has shown me ... well, THINGS... that as you all know just can't be explained with our small mouth noises. To me these substances are not 'fun' but I never want to live in a world without access to them.

This site is such an amazing resource and I'm grateful and happy to finally be here on the inside.

gently as you go,
05hun

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

TGO
#2 Posted : 2/19/2017 5:21:37 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome to the Nexus!

It is always the most rewarding when growing your own entheogens because it allows us to build a relationship and mutual respect for these powerful plant teachers. I don't know where I'd be today if it weren't for the wonderful hobby of growing mushrooms! Anyway, have a look around and enjoy the forum!

PEACE

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

JustAnotherHuman
#3 Posted : 2/19/2017 5:50:18 PM

You create your own reality

Hiya O5hun!

Quote:
A psychonaut in disguise as suburban mum and corporate drone, I quietly grow shrooms and acacia, and extract DMT with gratitude, for my own use and sometimes sharing with special people. LSD cured me of years of depression and anxiety, DMT has shown me ... well, THINGS... that as you all know just can't be explained with our small mouth noises. To me these substances are not 'fun' but I never want to live in a world without access to them.

Don't be in disguise!Big grin Dr Rick Doblin always talks about "coming out of the psychedelic closet" and I think that this is soooooo important for us psychonaughts, to tell people about the benefits we receive from these entheogens and contribute, albeit in our own little way, to changing people's perception on psychedelics. Rick also talks about "psychedelic dinners" and I think that this is a fascinating idea.

Bear in mind that I'm not preaching to you here, simply offering a suggestion.Very happy

Quote:
This site is such an amazing resource and I'm grateful and happy to finally be here on the inside.

This site is absolutely marvellous, a treasure, an oasis in the desert of the interwebz!Big grin Cherish it!

Quote:
It is always the most rewarding when growing your own entheogens because it allows us to build a relationship and mutual respect for these powerful plant teachers. I don't know where I'd be today if it weren't for the wonderful hobby of growing mushrooms! Anyway, have a look around and enjoy the forum!

You said it best TGO, I couldn't agree moar! I think growing one's own sacraments is the absolute best way for the serious entheogenic explorer! Self-sufficiency and sustainability really appeal to me. You're on the right track in this regard O5hun, good stuff!Thumbs up

Oh and by the way, welcome to the Nexus!Big grin
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

05hun
#4 Posted : 2/19/2017 11:08:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 2/21/2017 1:41:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JustAnotherHuman wrote:
Hiya O5hun!

Quote:

Don't be in disguise!Big grin Dr Rick Doblin always talks about "coming out of the psychedelic closet" and I think that this is soooooo important for us psychonaughts, to tell people about the benefits we receive from these entheogens and contribute, albeit in our own little way, to changing people's perception on psychedelics. Rick also talks about "psychedelic dinners" and I think that this is a fascinating idea.

Bear in mind that I'm not preaching to you here, simply offering a suggestion.Very happy

Quote:

This site is absolutely marvellous, a treasure, an oasis in the desert of the interwebz!Big grin Cherish it!

Quote:

You said it best TGO, I couldn't agree moar! I think growing one's own sacraments is the absolute best way for the serious entheogenic explorer! Self-sufficiency and sustainability really appeal to me. You're on the right track in this regard O5hun, good stuff!Thumbs up

Oh and by the way, welcome to the Nexus!Big grin

In my experience with the psychedelic research community, you are encouraged to stay "undercover"...

Quote:
As An Undergraduate Get Your Degree! Lie Low and Infiltrate the System
The undergraduate years are a difficult time for the nascent psychedelic researcher because of the stigma that these drugs still hold. Many undergraduates come to realize that broadcasting their unconventional views at this time could potentially harm their future careers, and thus indirectly harm psychedelic research. Sometimes we have to conform to others’ expectations in order to establish a solid base of credibility, and wait for a time when we can be more independent in our pursuits. The book Why Shrooms Are Good by Joe Schmoe is likely to be ignored; Therapeutic Benefits of Psilocybin by Dr. Joe Schmoe considerably less so, even if both books say exactly the same thing. Incidentally, this was the path I followed; I didn’t breathe a word of my interests until I was already on the faculty of Harvard Medical School. Be warned, however–conformity for too long can corrode the soul. And in retrospect, you are freer as an undergraduate than you may think you are.
http://www.maps.org/reso...a-psychedelic-researcher

-eg

JustAnotherHuman
#6 Posted : 2/21/2017 2:00:29 PM

You create your own reality

Maybe for the budding psychedelic researcher, being quiet about your interest in psychedelics is the way to go, but for ordinary people, I really think being open about your use of psychedelics is a good thing. If using psychedelics benefitted you, then why not talk about it?

This is just my personal opinion though.
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 2/21/2017 2:56:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

JustAnotherHuman wrote:
Maybe for the budding psychedelic researcher, being quiet about your interest in psychedelics is the way to go, but for ordinary people, I really think being open about your use of psychedelics is a good thing. If using psychedelics benefitted you, then why not talk about it?

This is just my personal opinion though.

Quote:
Progress of human civilization in the area of defining human freedom is not made from the top down. No king, no parliament, no government ever extended to the people more rights than the people insisted upon. And I think we've come to a place with this psychedelic issue. And we have the gay community as a model, and all the other communities, the ethnic communities. We simply have to say, Look: LSD has been around for fifty years now, we just celebrated the birthday. It ain't going away. WE are not going away. We are not slack-jawed, dazed, glazed, unemployable psychotic creeps. We are pillars of society. You can't run your computers, your fashion houses, your publishing houses, your damn magazines, you can't do anything in culture without psychedelic people in key positions. And this is the great unspoken truth of American Creativity. So I think it's basically time to just come out of the closet and go, "You know what, I'm stoned, and I'm proud, and if that's a problem for you then fella, you git a problem! -terence McKenna

...and I agree with McKenna here. I feel this is likely the message you were attempting to convey, no?

I do agree here.

Viceland is a television station, and between shows they will have these excerpts where it will.show an individual, and it will show their job, and it will show how productive they are in society, and at the end it will say "...and I smoke weed" this is exactly the type of behavior that McKenna said was needed, and I'm happy to see that others have realized this.

...culturally, this is what is needed, it's time to quit hiding our stash and bowing our heads in submission and say "we use these compounds, and there is nothing wrong with that" we need to control the narrative regarding psychoactives, however, we must be very cautious...

Quote:
In the 1960s, we thought that all that had to happen was - everybody would take LSD and the obvious right things to do would be done. We expected no opposition to this because it’s rightness was so obvious. We didn’t realize that every righteous crusade in history has marched into the waiting jaws of its oppressors.
-terence McKenna

So we must be careful, you must realize the percieved threat that these compounds present to culture as a whole, while most will claim.the desire change, you must remember that actual change is often feared and resisted, actual change threatens the stability of "business as usual"...

Quote:
That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it. -morpheus;the matrix

So there must be a strange balance...

We need to be mindful and courageous, we must not be careless...

Quote:
In the Middle Ages, the church forbade dissection of human bodies, and medical students would visit battlefields and the gallows at night, and steal the bodies of victims of war and executed prisoners, in order to learn human physiology. Where that spirit of scientific courage has gone, I don't know; but there is very little of it left. Now, people feed at the trough of government grants and enormous corporate research budgets, and the idea of actually pursuing truth, or attempting to understand the phenomenon in an unbiased fashion, divorced from its commercial, social and political dimensions, is unheard of. -terence McKenna

I speak about psychedelics everywhere I go, I am constantly promoting these things, but I am very mindful about how I do it. I always dress nice, generally in a suit and tie. I'm sure to speak in an educated and intelligent fashion, and I tend to stick to chemistry, phenomenology, pharmacology, and so on, its always fairly academic aspects of these molecules...

In a lecture, an audience member asks terence McKenna "why are you not in jail?" And McKenna answered:
Quote:
Notice that I use big words. I don’t try to boil it down to a shoutable slogan, like turn on, tune in, drop out? Uh-uh, that—then they come, they come. So that’s one possibility—that, simply, if you are defined in their eyes as an intellectual, then they automatically put you in the harmless category and send resources elsewhere.
Terence Mckenna

-eg

What a substance
#8 Posted : 2/24/2017 10:40:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

<<<< I quietly grow shrooms >>>>>

That made meBig grin

Welcome and best wishes...

gently as you go (I like that!!)
Author of: DMT & My Occult Mind: Investigation of Occult Realities using the Spirit Molecule

The whole cosmos is guided, controlled and animated by an almost endless series of hierarchies of sentient beings, each having a mission to perform. They vary infinitely in their respective degrees of consciousness and intelligence. THE SECRET DOCTRINE

Gonzukes
#9 Posted : 2/25/2017 2:53:41 AM

Diviner of Sound

Hey 05hun!

Hope life's treating you well! What are your passions?