We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Hits? Options

oskar_035
#1 Posted : 2/18/2017 10:22:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

when people describe the experience and say first hit, second hit, third...
do you take a hit 30mg, trip, take another hit 30mg, trip, and so on...
or do you hit 30mg hit 30mg hit 30mg then just trip major balls?

or do you hit hit hit 30mg, trip, hit hit hit 30mg, trip

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

sleepermustawaken
#2 Posted : 2/19/2017 2:03:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To answer your question simply, it is common to take one 30mg hit only. Anything over 50mg is most probably an overdose. Try and get it in one hit, obviously that is hard with a vaporizer so that is why you take 3 hits.

I am not a fan of this method as "the sweet spot" is different for different people and certain sensitive people are at risk of overdosing. I have often seen the opinion on here and elsewhere that "all you need is a glass vapor genie or equivalent, plug 30-40mg of freebase and hit it three times and if that doesn't work SMALK MOAR!" when in reality, at least for me it has been ineffective at getting a stable level of dosage. Now I use an e-cig device that gives me a constant hit of 13.424252315234321243673845 mg per hit Very happy or dab it Wink

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 2/19/2017 3:33:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sleepermustawaken wrote:
To answer your question simply, it is common to take one 30mg hit only. Anything over 50mg is most probably an overdose. Try and get it in one hit, obviously that is hard with a vaporizer so that is why you take 3 hits.

I am not a fan of this method as "the sweet spot" is different for different people and certain sensitive people are at risk of overdosing. I have often seen the opinion on here and elsewhere that "all you need is a glass vapor genie or equivalent, plug 30-40mg of freebase and hit it three times and if that doesn't work SMALK MOAR!" when in reality, at least for me it has been ineffective at getting a stable level of dosage. Now I use an e-cig device that gives me a constant hit of 13.424252315234321243673845 mg per hit Very happy or dab it Wink

I'm not sure that I agree with your "anything over 50mgs is an overdose" statement.

Quote:

DMT
60 - 100 mg (intramuscularly)
60 - 100 mg (subcutaneously)
60 - 100 mg (smoking)
4 - 30 mg (intravenously)
-shulgin;TIHKAL

Modern vaporization techniques can bring the "smoking" dose range closer to the intravenous dose range, however I don't think this means you are overdosing by venturing above 50mgs.

Most dose ranges are calculated by body weight, on a milligrams to kilograms basis.

You also must remember that every individual has their own unique biochemistry, and that the quantity if tour 5HT2a/c receptors is determined by genetics.

Sleep, diet, stress levels, emotional state, set, setting, and drug combinations also play a role here...

-eg

sleepermustawaken
#4 Posted : 2/20/2017 2:29:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

I'm not sure that I agree with your "anything over 50mgs is an overdose" statement.

DMT
60 - 100 mg (intramuscularly)
60 - 100 mg (subcutaneously)
60 - 100 mg (smoking)
4 - 30 mg (intravenously)
-shulgin;TIHKAL

So the OP was talking about IM/SC/IV? The method in ingestion in conversation was inhalation, therefore the dosage in conversation is the dosage for inhalation. I am sorry if you think that vaping/smoking 60-100mg of DMT is the "adequate" amount, if you do some searching on here you will find that is quite to the contrary, no matter if your source is alex shulgin. Promoting that sort of information is just reckless to be honest.