We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
drying changa Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 2/19/2017 10:34:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone,

i am just infusing mullein with 10x caapi by using IPA.
since the drying process took quite a while i was thinking about maybe putting the leaves with what is left of the liquid (almost nothing at this point) in the oven at around 50°C.
since the harmlalas have a very high melting point i figure this should not be a problem.

i have not found any topic here where this was mentioned...

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WokeWave
#2 Posted : 2/19/2017 11:41:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there...

PLEASE DO NOT PUT ANYTHING WITH IPA IN THE OVEN!!!

That's pretty dangerous. You should never put IPA or acetone or whatever near a hear source or an open flame. That's pretty much the worst idea i ever heard.

Just let it dry. It can take up to 2 weeks until the IPA is completely gone.
When the leaves seem dry close the lid...open it after 1 hour. If it still smells like IPA let it dry again....repeat as long as it takes. Until you can't smell anymore IPA.

Cheers
This world is a hoax! Go for it and create your own reality...

pitubo
#3 Posted : 2/19/2017 2:25:21 PM

dysfunctional word machine

You can accelerate the evaporation more safely by putting the solvent-wet changa in a dish that covers a pan filled with hot water. Boil the water in advance, before placing the solvent containing changa over it (in fact keep it well away from the fire).

With accelerated evaporation, it is even more important to do this in a well ventilated space. Outside is the best place. The ventilation will also help to further accelerate the evaporation.

Running Bear
#4 Posted : 2/19/2017 3:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I use IPA I put it in front of a fan for a couple days then let It it sit out for a week. IPA is for patient people lol.

sauSage
#5 Posted : 6/2/2017 8:53:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

95% IPA with a fan usually evaps in about 24 hours. I mix my harmalas and dmt together, use a dropper to get it to the consistency of a runny wet paste and then fold the plant material into it. Usually have no problems getting it nice and dry overnight.

If you want to be baller you can get a vacuum desiccator - you'll have perfectly crisp and dry changa quicker than you can get Dominos to your house. Thumbs up
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" – Ralph Waldo Emerson…

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle