We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some thoughts of salting and extraction... Options

antichode
#1 Posted : 10/20/2016 12:13:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its that time of year when I can harvest the last 12 months of growth from the garden. Here are some pictures of the end result for you all to enjoy.

This was a STB with KOH on freshly blended Pachanoi, sulfate salts precipitated first in water/acetone then recrystalised directly from water.

Yield from precipitation in water/acetone was 4.5 grams of fluffy crystals with a slight smell (mildly like slaked cactus mixture)
Yield from water 3.9grams of well defined crystals (no smell)

The flasks and dishes were washed and yielded another 400mg of crystal (attached video). Precipitation happens quite easily in water as you can see. It is my belief that this is the best way to separate any impurities as much of the base contamination (if thats what it is) stays in the water. N.B. that my solvent pulls were very clear but I put them in the freezer and clouds precipitate over night, these don't settle easily and they need to be filtered, this leaves crystal clear solvent which precipitates nothing when frozen and is good to start pulling from.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Funky Monkey
#2 Posted : 10/30/2016 7:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow!

Those are some beautiful crystals. Nice work Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 10/31/2016 11:42:07 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Wow indeed! So sparkly - I love it Love

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

antichode
#4 Posted : 11/3/2016 10:44:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I think most people would be very surprised by just how many impurities there are in their final washings. Even seemingly very pure extracts still have something hiding in there. Below is a series of photos from cleanup on all of my collected acetone washes over the years. I kept these in a jar and finally distilled off the acetone and was left with some yellow gunk that stank very badly.

This was dissolved in a small amount of water and fresh acetone added, this was precipitated in the freezer and the crystals collected, as you can see they look very pure and fluffy, but they did have a slight smell to them. So they were redisolved in water and the water was slowly evaporated which formed very well defined mescaline sulfate crystals. You can see that there are some impurities below the crystals, usually I would tip out the last little bit of water once the mescaline sufate had formed but I let this evaporate completely to show the contamination that is present. It seems to precipitate last so discarding the small amount of water before it evaporates is the best way to clean things up.

antichode attached the following image(s):
01.jpg (375kb) downloaded 239 time(s).
02.jpg (524kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
03.jpg (506kb) downloaded 233 time(s).
04.jpg (685kb) downloaded 234 time(s).
05.jpg (2,245kb) downloaded 235 time(s).

sillysyban
#5 Posted : 1/27/2017 5:51:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Antichode,
I have a quick question regarding your cleanup of the old acetone. You say you dissolved all the yellow gunk in a small amount of water, the added acetone and put in the freezer to crash out the goods? In Phlux's re-crystallization tek he adds the acetone and filters out the precipitated gunk before he puts it in the freezer. then he cleans up the gunk later. Did you have to do that as well or it just went into the freezer straight up? I'm a bit confused as to the difference between the two methods.
Cheers.

Beautiful pics btw.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.

antichode
#6 Posted : 1/29/2017 8:51:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi sillysyban

I believe Phlux's post on dual solvent re-crystalisation was using HCL as the acid whereas I have used H2SO4.

In the case of HCL something will precipitate when enough acetone is added but this is not mescaline, the mescaline will remain in solution because it is very soluble in water.

In the case of H2SO4 the mescaline will precipitate as it is far less soluble in water. It will precipitate directly from water when concentrated enough as shown in my posts above.

JustAnotherHuman
#7 Posted : 1/29/2017 9:02:47 PM

You create your own reality

Those are some very nice crystals by the way antichode!Love

Must be nice being able to enjoy the fruits of your labour!Big grin
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

sillysyban
#8 Posted : 2/14/2017 3:04:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cheers Antichode,

Much appreciated mate. That makes total sense.
THERE ARE 10 KINDS OF PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
THOSE THAT KNOW THE BINARY SYSTEM AND THOSE THAT DONT.