We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
LSD vs other psychedelics Options

Swayambhu
#21 Posted : 2/2/2017 11:59:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did say in an earlier reply to this thread that I found mushrooms to be more healing (or whatever the term I used was).
I think that it is perhaps irrelevant for me to compare them, as I said it's many many years since I last dropped acid, but I -feel- that it is the "dirtiness" of the mushroom, the whole plant experience, that makes them helpful to me at this time in my life. The element of pain and chaos that mark the beginning of my mushroom experience, leading to light and understanding, the trajectory of my mushroom experience is also a kind of experential metaphor for what I want my life to be.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Aum_Shanti
#22 Posted : 2/2/2017 12:09:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As I said, from my experience the trypts are much more confrontational to me. But they go deeper and show you the problems in the face, whereas on LSD I rather had a look from a distance at my problems, rather in an analytical way. IMHO the confrontational way was often very healing, because of the "hardness" of the experience.

I don't know, if it gets clear, what I want to say.
But as I said, I also believe that different people maybe need different ways to get aware of problems. For some people e.g. it might be too harsh for them to get them directly in their face, and they will only get psychotic about it and cannot integrate it. Whereas for others this is the kick in the ass and slap on the face they need...Big grin

Edit: But don't get me wrong. Also LSD can at times be quite harsh. But I never feel such exposed on LSD as on trypts.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

Swayambhu
#23 Posted : 2/2/2017 12:12:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
As I said, from my experience the trypts are much more confrontational to me. But they go deeper and show you the problems in the face, whereas on LSD I rather had a look from a distance at my problems, rather in an analytical way. IMHO the confrontational way was often very healing, because of the "hardness" of the experience.

I don't know, if it gets clear, what I want to say.
But as I said, I also believe that different people maybe need different ways to get aware of problems. For some people e.g. it might me too harsh for them to get them directly in their face, nd they will only get psychotic about it and cannot integrate it. Whereas for other this is the kick in the ass they need...Big grin

Well said, exactly this.

Also, I have found mushrooms to have more literally physical healing attributes. I feel like I've had a very pleasant, gentle, yet deep massage during and after an experience.

On LSD I only remember getting weird pains in my calves.

jma182
#24 Posted : 2/4/2017 3:20:11 AM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Quote:
The funny thing is, that on all trypts I always see this "god pattern" (I call it like that) on everything. It's kinda similar to the shipibo pattern, but way more complex. I also see this pattern on THC (BTW: Yes, THC is very psychedelic for me and also quite CEV). Whereas on LSD or LSA I never saw it.

I too can trip from cannabis and have recurring similarities from both LSD and DMT and i love it! went away after my mdma experiences, but now its backThumbs up , I dont know if this happens to ya but i can mix the visuals with stuff i saw during the day, for instance i was watching dragon ball abridged the other day and saw a lot of the characters blended in with my habitual visuals hahaha, its one of the most wonderful additions granted by both LSD and DMT.

In my experience both substances manifest themselves very differently, but both are very loving energies and gentle with my body, never have i experienced an unpleasant blast off on DMT or LSD, on DMT i see a loot of patterns and entities, it seems that depending on the nature of the entities the patterns modify greatly, except for dark ones those are very similar, only one added more to the mix and some parts looked like mayan architecture, since i "connected" with one i can see her with more ease, last time i tripped on DMT both times i saw her. on LSD theres a lot of eyes smiles pyramids, tunnels, puzzles, arabic, russian and greek letters blend into a weird language i cant even fathom to understand, and also a lot of technologichal features, machinery and such wich i've never seen on DMT, both are very unique in their visual effects.

“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

syberdelic
#25 Posted : 2/4/2017 7:37:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Something else that I'd like to add related to DMT being more in your face; I have a tendency to integrate my LSD experience much more quickly. I often have a pretty good understanding of my experience shortly after becoming sober. Some concepts might take a day or two to bubble to the surface. With DMT, it is usually days before I can integrate anything and sometimes years before fully integrating my experience. There was a DMT vision that I had around 16 years ago that only recently has gained a clarity that allowed me to fully integrate it into my life.

Aum_Shanti
#26 Posted : 2/4/2017 10:43:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

@jma182:
Well visuals on LSD (OEV) are very dependent on what you occupied yourself lately, at least for me.
E.g. back in school, my friend wanted to desperately see dragons on his LSD trip, so he occupied himself for a week before the trip all day with dragons. He saw movies, read books, and during school he drew dragons all the time. As I was sitting right beside him, I obviously also saw what he drew all the time.
Then he tripped, and didn't really see anything. I also tripped the same weekend and I saw dragons everywhere. They were so beautiful and majestetic and sooo detailed. It was honestly the best OEV trip I ever had.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

jma182
#27 Posted : 2/9/2017 5:09:48 PM

Better than a thousand useless words is one useful word, hearing which one attains peace.

Aum_Shanti wrote:
@jma182:
Well visuals on LSD (OEV) are very dependent on what you occupied yourself lately, at least for me.
E.g. back in school, my friend wanted to desperately see dragons on his LSD trip, so he occupied himself for a week before the trip all day with dragons. He saw movies, read books, and during school he drew dragons all the time. As I was sitting right beside him, I obviously also saw what he drew all the time.
Then he tripped, and didn't really see anything. I also tripped the same weekend and I saw dragons everywhere. They were so beautiful and majestetic and sooo detailed. It was honestly the best OEV trip I ever had.

man that is really intresting, it happened to me with pyramids and eyes cause i had been researching about ancient egypt, hahaha. but after DMT the flavors have developed.
I dunno about you but since i did DMT the whole psychedelic experience seems to be getting stronger on other substances, Cannabis and LSD to be more precise, IE the first time few times i did lsd i barely got any visuals it was until i dropped 4 tabs of LSD that i really tripped for the first time, this was prior to DMT, but since my last DMT blastoff in january i dropped 2 tabs on different weekends it was from the same batch and boy oh boy in the last one i had my strongest LSD trip ever, even if i should've gotten some resistance i had the best OEV ever is was very intresting, yesterday i had 1 tab, and man it may not have had the OEV as intensely but they were there and still had that DMT flavor to them and got the rest of the physical goodness i tripped for 13 hours lol
“Whoever, at any time, has undertaken to build a new heaven has found the strength for it in his own hell.”
– Friedrich Nietzsche

jma182
#28 Posted : 2/9/2017 5:24:42 PM

syberdelic wrote:
Something else that I'd like to add related to DMT being more in your face; I have a tendency to integrate my LSD experience much more quickly. I often have a pretty good understanding of my experience shortly after becoming sober. Some concepts might take a day or two to bubble to the surface. With DMT, it is usually days before I can integrate anything and sometimes years before fully integrating my experience. There was a DMT vision that I had around 16 years ago that only recently has gained a clarity that allowed me to fully integrate it into my life.

ooh yeah DMT is very in your face about the experience that is true i still havent figured out most of the meaning of my DMT experiences, i guess the answers will come in time with the proper search. im glad that this community is out here so we can relay our experiences and thoughts to others riding the oceans of psychedelic wonder

– Friedrich Nietzsche

syberdelic
#29 Posted : 2/9/2017 7:25:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jma182 wrote:
syberdelic wrote:

ooh yeah DMT is very in your face about the experience that is true i still havent figured out most of the meaning of my DMT experiences, i guess the answers will come in time with the proper search. im glad that this community is out here so we can relay our experiences and thoughts to others riding the oceans of psychedelic wonder

At times, the in your face element of DMT can be like someone trying to communicate with me in a language I don't speak, and repeating each iteration louder and louder as if that will make me understand and this just makes the experience more intangible and traumatic. I always decipher the messages eventually, but there is a definite "language" barrier. Some of the more difficult to translate messages/visions are the ones that I think I understand, and then later discover that I only had a cursory understanding of. Then at some point something happens to put things in perspective and it makes so much more sense than it did before.

starway6
#30 Posted : 2/13/2017 12:17:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mathematician Compares DMT Experience with LSD Experience ...
Video for researcher compares dmt to lsd▶ 4:14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYDgmpiE-U0
Jan 10, 2010 - Uploaded by DMT: The Spirit Molecule
In 1995, Dr. Strassman completed the first government-sanctioned, psychedelic research on DMT, with ...

PREV12