We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Worried before DMT Options

Asher7
#21 Posted : 2/12/2017 5:13:35 AM

Professional Tracker

Thanks EG, I'll give it a try once I break out the pipe.

On a different note, I lowered my wattage from 50 watts to either 30-35 and went a little heavier on the amount of juice I dripped on my coils also taking two hits instead of one and got completely destroyed. Too destroyed. Twice I tried writing a trip report but ended up deleting them because all they really said was wow and intense etc. not really describing anything. Now I don't really remember anything but I am definately in the boat of being VERY nervous about trying it again.

Not since a friend gave me a batch of salvia made "just for me" have I been out that far. I got pwned, hard. I was so happy to be human again and be able to do human things.

So yes, my adrenal gland is going to have a whole lot to say next time I load up the dripper. I just wish I could remember it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Kobranek
#22 Posted : 2/12/2017 3:23:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel having the pre-flight anxiety is a sign of respect for the substance. Knowing that your about to go through an intense experience as strong as a dmt flash is only normal. In my opinion, the flight or fight response is a major factor that must be overcome in order to have deeper and more immersive experiences. I have found that going into the experience under a lot of stress doesn't allow for me to "let go" into the experience as easily or as further; and in some way (and this is just my own personal theory) prevents/limits certain entity contact from occurring.

Trying to control as many variables as possible is what has provided me some comfort going into the experience (albeit very little but at least it is something). Using a digital mg scale to properly weigh out my doses (25-32 mg); using a comfortable efficient method that works for me (gvg); and using the various energy control techniques that resonate with me to maintain a calm/balanced state of mind.

I feel the last one here mentioned is paramount since there is a fine line with being too worked up with anxiety and the physiological responses associated with it that you either are able to produce and hold in the dose or not; there is a subconcisous aspect to it as well which I feel we all have to work through especially for those who are about to smoke another time.

Asher7
#23 Posted : 2/15/2017 6:28:39 AM

Professional Tracker

I posted this in another thread but this thread came to mind and so I thought it might be useful.

I'm wanting to get back into the dmt headspace and remember someone (again I can't remember who to give them credit but) said before they go in they take a few really light hits just to break the ice. So I tried it and just took the smallest hit possible to still taste it and I must say on a "microdose" level dmt is great. It feels like an adrenaline rush but without the required life threatening or thrill seeking edge to it. Really pleasant and I think would be quality for a meditation setting. I didn't know that Big grin

Is there much talk about microdosing dmt like there is with mushrooms or even LSD? I don't seem to recall any but I think it would work out great for some people. It seems to sharpen colors, sounds etc. but more importantly thoughts. It would be great if you could quid a dmt containing leaf like you can with salvia and get the slow gentle effects on a prolonged timeline and just sit back in a dark candle lit room with maybe some mellow music and fall back into your thoughts for a few hours while chewing away.

entheogenic-gnosis
#24 Posted : 2/15/2017 4:24:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
Thanks EG, I'll give it a try once I break out the pipe.

On a different note, I lowered my wattage from 50 watts to either 30-35 and went a little heavier on the amount of juice I dripped on my coils also taking two hits instead of one and got completely destroyed. Too destroyed. Twice I tried writing a trip report but ended up deleting them because all they really said was wow and intense etc. not really describing anything. Now I don't really remember anything but I am definately in the boat of being VERY nervous about trying it again.

Not since a friend gave me a batch of salvia made "just for me" have I been out that far. I got pwned, hard. I was so happy to be human again and be able to do human things.

So yes, my adrenal gland is going to have a whole lot to say next time I load up the dripper. I just wish I could remember it.

I think the key is attempting to inhale the entire dose in a single breath, and if this is not possible to take a 2nd or 3rd inhalation. As a daily hash smoker I am able to endure large inhalations of harsh smoke, which I think helps, I think the other half of it is knowing how to ingest the entire contents of your smoking utensil in a single inhalation.

I can relate to your descriotion regarding writing a report related to a recent intense DMT event and being at a loss for words, I often become a stuttering frustrated mess, specially immediately after the experence.

It is generally not possible to translate the contents of these events into the constructs of human language in its present state, and when we attempt to describe what is outside of the constructs human linguistics, you must settle for "close enough", or resort to models and metaphors, it's an intellectual and linguistic challenge, and it's very difficult to articulate to others...

Quote:
Being monkeys, when we encounter a translinguistic object, a kind of cognitive dissonance is set up in our hindbrain. We try to pour language over it and it sheds it like water off a duck's back. We try again and fail again, and this cognitive dissonance, this "wow" or "flutter" that is building off this object causes wonder, astonishment, and awe at the brink of terror
-terence McKenna

Quote:
Metaphorically, DMT is like an intellectual black hole in that once one knows about it, it is very hard for others to understand what one is talking about. One cannot be heard. The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand. This is why I think people who attain enlightenment, if we may for a moment comap these two, are silent. They are silent because we cannot understand them. Why the phenomenon of tryptamine ecstasy has not been looked at by scientists, thrill seekers, or anyone else, I am not sure, but I recommend it to your attention.

~ Terence McKenna

Again, I feel the fear legitimizes the experience in many ways, and the fact that you feel fear before entering these states, from my point of view, indicates that you are aware of the profound and extremely extraordinary dimension which which you are about to be fully immersed in, to not feel fear would be unusual in this situation, as it would imply an inability to grasp the full implications of the event as its happening...

In a prior thread titled the fear legitimizes the flash I go into great detail concerning the aspect of fear related to the DMT experience, before and during the event.

I think I may have mentioned a good deal of the content of this post previously in this thread and if this is the case, I apologize for any redundancy, and can assure you that it is unintentional.

As much as I'm sure most of consider ourselves to be fairly disconnected from our ego, the complete dissolving of ego is often quite disorienting and can easily lead to a panicked and anxious state...
Quote:
the Buddhists talk about slaying the ego – this is slaying the ego for real. You must slay it, otherwise it will spread panic into your whole psychological system, will give way to panic and hysteria. -terence McKenna

I decided to include the full excerpt from which I derived the above quote, for while it adds unnecessary length, it applies to the topic at hand.
Quote:
Well, people often – yes, wondered. Often people wonder. You get into a place where it’s so unfamiliar that the question comes up: Have I done it this time? You know, Am I dying? or Am I in danger? The answer is, the odds are incredible against you being seriously in danger. People don’t die from psychedelics unless they have heart conditions or some incredibly rare medical condition. The problem is that the ego feels threatened by the boundary dissolution, and its ace is your self-identification with it. And it can actually say to you, You are dying, and here’s the evidence; and you have to say,. It’s unlikely. – and sing your way through it. But this is really tough. I mean, the Buddhists talk about slaying the ego – this is slaying the ego for real. You must slay it, otherwise it will spread panic into your whole psychological system, will give way to panic and hysteria. -terence McKenna

DMT has never been a false euphoria, and just like this reality, DMT is an immersion into the felt experience of paradox, so it is as terrifying as it is exhilarating. I feel all authentic conscious states are subject to this coincidence of opposites, this "coincidentia oppositorum".

this physical existance in three dimensional space and time Which we are caught in now is subject to this union of oppisites, and because the DMT experience is also subject to this phenomena it seems to lend credence to its legitimacy and it's authenticity.

I was up all night working and doing research and I'm completely exhausted and a little sleep deprived, in the writing above I was simply letting my mind run without much concern, and I'm sure the content of this post reflects this, however I did not want to delete it, though I probably should have...

-eg

Skylight
#25 Posted : 2/15/2017 4:42:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes yes and yes. Absolutely get the jitters even just talking about deemster for more than 15 seconds. And invariably before holding space, I will always have to drop a deuce right before. Dont think I will ever shake the pre-journey jitters...and even less sure that I would ever want to be that comfortable with the prospect of smoking DMT. Healthy respect will be there for quite some time I reckon.
Skylight is a fictional character. Anything said by Skylight is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

PREV12