We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
White stuff on dropped leaves Options

slewb
#1 Posted : 1/29/2017 11:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been wondering about this for a while.

I maybe a little bit neglect to clean up after my salvia plants so every few months their pots are surrounded by dead leaves and the leaves always have this stuff on them when I pick them up.

So what I'm wondering is if anyone else has noticed this and is it safe to use these leaves since I don't know what the stuff is. Here are some pictures - the one that looks like the moon is me trying to use my phone to take a pic through a super old microscope.

I couldn't get a good picture at high magnification but up close they look kind of rectangly and pointy.

I have a ton of these leaves but I don't really want to mess with them if I don't know what this stuff is.

Plants are all indoors, btw.
slewb attached the following image(s):
20170129_173314.jpg (248kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
20170129_174334.jpg (80kb) downloaded 67 time(s).

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 1/30/2017 11:38:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Are you possibly wondering if that's a crystalline neoclerodane diterpenoid?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

slewb
#3 Posted : 2/10/2017 6:35:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It doesn't look like pictures that I've seen of salivnorin a crystals. It would be interesting if it was but scraping all of it off of the leaves would probably be more of a chore than just extracting it chemically.

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 2/11/2017 9:46:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You only need a little bit for presumptive testing, to eliminate the possibility of it being calcium oxalate or other salts.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli