We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Sunshine Makers Options

PsilocybeChild
#1 Posted : 2/9/2017 2:41:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Sunshine Makers

Removed: Please avoid posting links that infringe copyright laws.
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 2/9/2017 3:25:00 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Thumbs up
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 2/9/2017 5:06:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Someone started a thread on this topic back when it was just a rumour that there was going to be a Nick Sand movie.

I could not believe it, and ultimately I'm excited to see how it turned out.

Often these stories and psychedelic figures hold a very personal place for me, and when I hear that big media is covering these types of things it always makes nervous that these ideas, and this history, and these figures, may be misrepresented or exploited...

Any way, I'm hoping for the best.

Has anybody actually seen this film yet?

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 2/9/2017 5:10:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 2/9/2017 5:18:06 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:

-eg

Yes, it's very interesting. Mostly direct interviews with Sand and Scully, certainly worth watching.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

entheogenic-gnosis
#6 Posted : 2/10/2017 4:05:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

-eg

Yes, it's very interesting. Mostly direct interviews with Sand and Scully, certainly worth watching.

Awesome, thank you for the review. I intend to view the film as soon as i am able.

-eg

starway6
#7 Posted : 2/11/2017 12:13:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

personal acount of orange sunshine use 1970 vintage....

In 1970..I took some orange sunshine so fresh the orange cam off on my hand after i took one orange barrel of sunshine i got into a car with a friend and with in...[ 8 to 10 minutes].. we turned on to the expressway... [lucky i wasnt driving]... we started down the highway and i witnesed the whole windshild explode into hundreds of little squares and bubbles right before my eyes!.. and i was tripping hard..it came on that fast!

When we got to a friends apartment.. [acording to my friends acount]..i was at the door with my hand on the knob... but the colorfull visions were so thick i couldent see the door handle to turn it!!

That was the fastest acting and most visual LSD i ever took in my life i think Nick S was the fine chemmist who made this sunshine...It was awesom...

Aum_Shanti
#8 Posted : 2/11/2017 6:23:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Just saw now, that Tim Scully finally resolved an age old myth on reddit thread about the movie
(https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5r2wn7/im_filmmaker_cosmo_feilding_mellen_i_made_the/)

Namely, if Orange Sunshine was ALD-52 or LSD.
I always thought it was LSD and the ALD-Story was just for defense in court. Seems I was right:

Quote:
The Orange Sunshine we delivered was LSD 25. ALD 52 was an ill-advised desperate defense strategy that failed miserably. I recommend that anyone who is guilty should stay off the witness stand; I wish I had followed that advice.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 3/19/2017 10:51:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I just found This film is on Netflix!

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 3/19/2017 10:53:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Just saw now, that Tim Scully finally resolved an age old myth on reddit thread about the movie
(https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/5r2wn7/im_filmmaker_cosmo_feilding_mellen_i_made_the/)

Namely, if Orange Sunshine was ALD-52 or LSD.
I always thought it was LSD and the ALD-Story was just for defense in court. Seems I was right:

Quote:
The Orange Sunshine we delivered was LSD 25. ALD 52 was an ill-advised desperate defense strategy that failed miserably. I recommend that anyone who is guilty should stay off the witness stand; I wish I had followed that advice.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=72403&find=unread
In this thread we clear this up as well...

-eg

Complexity
#11 Posted : 3/19/2017 12:12:06 PM

Being & Becoming

-eg

On Netflix there's the 2015 version, not the 2017 one.
I have seen the latter, pretty interesting, can't speak about the first actually.

EDIT: I've watched the first few minutes and what's on netflix is the exact same thing I saw on streaming Wut?
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

DoingKermit
#12 Posted : 3/20/2017 10:12:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recently went to a screening of this where there was a Q&A with the director and his mom afterwards. Really solid people behind the film. I personally preferred 'Orange Sunshine' though. It had more of a narrative and the film seemed to build in momentum more than Sunshine Makers.

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 3/20/2017 1:31:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Complexity wrote:

-eg

On Netflix there's the 2015 version, not the 2017 one.
I have seen the latter, pretty interesting, can't speak about the first actually.

EDIT: I've watched the first few minutes and what's on netflix is the exact same thing I saw on streaming Wut?

Hmm....yeah, just looked, "the sunshine makers" on Netflix is dated to 2015...

So what are the differences between the version that is on Netflix and this other version from 2017?

-eg