We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[NEW] Security update for linked images Options

The Traveler
#1 Posted : 1/13/2017 7:26:30 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dear members,

To enhance our security a new file-proxy for the DMT-Nexus has been developed for linked images. This file-proxy routes all images that are hosted on other sites through the DMT-Nexus itself.

As a result you cannot be tracked by image hosting parties anymore and all images are served over a secure HTTPS line, so no more annoying "insecure items on page" warnings.

If you see anything weird happening due to this, please post what happened in this thread with as much details as possible.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

JustAnotherHuman
#2 Posted : 1/13/2017 7:33:18 PM

You create your own reality

Thanks Trav!Thumbs up
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

pitubo
#3 Posted : 1/13/2017 11:50:49 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Thanks for your creative efforts and dedication to keeping the site and its members secure!

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 1/14/2017 10:08:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Trav for staying on top of it Thumbs up

ducdevil
#5 Posted : 1/14/2017 11:41:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Blessings, Traveler...

Sedrick
#6 Posted : 1/15/2017 8:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The images i posted in an old trip report of me are just gone now: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=71706

dreamer042
#7 Posted : 1/15/2017 9:36:46 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Sedrick wrote:
The images i posted in an old trip report of me are just gone now: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=71706

In general, if you want an image to stay here, attach it, don't link it. I learned that the hard way; look at all the blank spots in the meme thread. Laughing
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

The Traveler
#8 Posted : 1/15/2017 8:38:58 PM

"No, seriously"

Sedrick wrote:

Thank you for notifying me, this has been fixed now!

This issue was due to Photobucket providing a nice html page instead of an image. This is now fixed with a so called "accept" header that tells Photobucket to only provide an image.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Mindlusion
#9 Posted : 1/21/2017 7:24:17 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Hi Trav,

Before this update I was using embedded images in threads with links to images hosted on the DMT-Nexus (images attached in a separate thread) In order to make the post flow better with not all the images stuck at the bottom.

But, when I try to do this now it gives an error box.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 1/21/2017 11:08:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Mindlusion wrote:
Hi Trav,

Before this update I was using embedded images in threads with links to images hosted on the DMT-Nexus (images attached in a separate thread) In order to make the post flow better with not all the images stuck at the bottom.

But, when I try to do this now it gives an error box.

Got any examples?
This to make sure it all works as expected.

Kindos regardos,

Les Trevelaros

MasonJarBong
#11 Posted : 1/22/2017 9:47:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:

In general, if you want an image to stay here, attach it, don't link it. I learned that the hard way; look at all the blank spots in the meme thread. Laughing

Yep. Annoying to look into a thread and all the images are gone.
I think the only small gotcha when it comes to directly attaching images is image orientation. I want to say direct image attachment doesn't honor the EXIF orientation field, so some images wind up flipped 90 degrees from what the poster intended. Or maybe I am wrong or stoned or something.
Nothing is no thing at all.

Asher7
#12 Posted : 2/8/2017 10:44:16 AM

Professional Tracker

How does this site handle photos uploaded from phones? Over on a different site when photos are processed it strips all geolocation etc. automatically. Is that how it works over here too?

dreamer042
#13 Posted : 2/8/2017 3:46:34 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Asher7 wrote:
How does this site handle photos uploaded from phones? Over on a different site when photos are processed it strips all geolocation etc. automatically. Is that how it works over here too?

Yep, anything uploaded to Nexus is automatically stripped of all exif data. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Mindlusion
#14 Posted : 2/8/2017 3:54:02 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:
Asher7 wrote:

Yep, anything uploaded to Nexus is automatically stripped of all exif data. Thumbs up

dude. i've been stripping it all manually. Once again I find out something new! heheh
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Loveall
#15 Posted : 9/20/2017 12:54:39 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Is it OK/appropriate to upload images to the chat area for the purpose of embedding them in forum posts?

Sorry if this is discussed somewhere else already, I failed to find it.

Many thanks.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚