We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Will an acetone wash remove limonene residue? Options

slewb
#1 Posted : 4/27/2016 11:22:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did a q21q21 style extraction with limonene and FASW on some mimosa tea, and the fumerates I'm left with smell strongly of limonene residue. When I've done cactus extractions with limo, redissolving the salts in water after drying got rid of residue but that doesn't seem to be working here - the limo just dissolves back into the water along with everything else. I was trying to keep this whole thing "food safe" but if a dry acetone wash will make things easier (I guess also good for removing excess fumaric acid) I'll probably just do that.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

skoobysnax
#2 Posted : 4/29/2016 5:28:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
I did a q21q21 style extraction with limonene and FASW on some mimosa tea, and the fumerates I'm left with smell strongly of limonene residue. When I've done cactus extractions with limo, redissolving the salts in water after drying got rid of residue but that doesn't seem to be working here - the limo just dissolves back into the water along with everything else. I was trying to keep this whole thing "food safe" but if a dry acetone wash will make things easier (I guess also good for removing excess fumaric acid) I'll probably just do that.

Let me know if you find a satisfactory answer. I did a FASA on a D-Limo batch and freebased with sodium carb after dissolving the alks in H2o. After they clumped up I collected and washed in ice cold water. Very active but also a bit harsh and still taste like oranges. They are in my set asides for cleanup for a long time now. I want to keep this food grade as well. From what i understand D-Limo is only dangerous if over exposed as an occupational solvent and there are even D-Limo supplements so anecdotally speaking limited ingestion is probably OK in the amounts one would use for pharma.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

slewb
#3 Posted : 4/30/2016 3:50:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

interesting skoobysnax... I freebased my first pull with sodium carbonate (a la BLAB) and got clouding but after a few days no crystals formed so I evaporated. I then dissolved that in FASW and brown limonene residue was left behind and discarded, but I added the FASW to the rest of my saltings from the limo. So maybe I will try to freebase and then redissolve in FASW again and hope the contamination from the rest comes out, although from the little I know about chemistry it shouldn't really matter? If that doesn't work I'll try the acetone wash. I'm surprised that I can't really find anything about this here. I wanted to get my hands on some of this "jungle spice" but it seems a lot harder than just using naptha.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 4/30/2016 1:53:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, cold acetone wash removes limonene residue.

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 5/1/2016 5:06:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

slewb wrote:
interesting skoobysnax... I freebased my first pull with sodium carbonate (a la BLAB) and got clouding but after a few days no crystals formed so I evaporated. I then dissolved that in FASW and brown limonene residue was left behind and discarded, but I added the FASW to the rest of my saltings from the limo. So maybe I will try to freebase and then redissolve in FASW again and hope the contamination from the rest comes out, although from the little I know about chemistry it shouldn't really matter? If that doesn't work I'll try the acetone wash. I'm surprised that I can't really find anything about this here. I wanted to get my hands on some of this "jungle spice" but it seems a lot harder than just using naptha.

The best eco friendly spice I attempted was with Endlessness' tek https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=30501 If you are looking for a fuller spectrum I think this might suit you. Reading through there are cleanup steps. I did one cleaning and got reddish needles. Made changa with it and it is pretty amazing. It has never failed to be a teacher experience.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

some one
#6 Posted : 1/29/2017 4:02:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not food safe either, but you could also do an IPA wash:

- Heat 30ml IPA to (near) boiling using a warm water bath
- Dissolve 1g DMT Fumerate in the IPA
- Decant away any solids and store them (might be undissolved Fumerates)
- Leave the IPA solution in freezer for 2 days
- decant the IPA and collect the DMT Fumerate precipitate

Quote:
I did a FASA on a D-Limo batch and freebased with sodium carb after dissolving the alks in H2o. After they clumped up I collected and washed in ice cold water. Very active but also a bit harsh and still taste like oranges.

Could be that some sodium carb has dried with the DMT and you are smoking that. Maybe an additional cold water wash would wash that off. My experiences with sodium carb fumerate to freebase conversion in water did not work out that well, had some weight losses, don't understand why. I prefer to dissolve fumerate in water, base with NaOH and extract with Naptha, but that's not food safe.
some = one | here = some | there = one

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 1/30/2017 9:57:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

^make sure you use 99+% IPA.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli