We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Paul Stamets - 6 ways that mushrooms can save the world Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 7/27/2008 4:16:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you haven't seen Paul Stamets talk at the 2008 TED convention you must see this. Absolutely brilliant! It's a little over 15min long, but well worth the time. This will blow your mind in MANY ways! Check it out: http://www.ted.com/index..._can_save_the_world.html

Enjoy!

IDT
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Viracocha
#2 Posted : 7/27/2008 5:49:29 AM

..still lc..

really, really interesting
really

thanks for posting IDT
are there anything the shrooms can't do?

Entropymancer
#3 Posted : 7/28/2008 6:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

Wonderful video. I was actually just telling someone about it last night, around the time you posted this... synchronicity?

idtravlr
#4 Posted : 8/1/2008 8:08:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
Wonderful video. I was actually just telling someone about it last night, around the time you posted this... synchronicity?

Yeah, that's pretty trippy... For sure!
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

burnt
#5 Posted : 8/1/2008 3:41:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

yea this was a good talk. a friend of mine met stamets at a conferance was a cool guy he said. his work with fungi certainly is excellent.

tryptographer
#6 Posted : 8/15/2008 6:34:42 PM

tryptamine photographer

One of my heroes! Mycelium Running is a must-read, and all of his other books too.

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 10/15/2008 6:14:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool!
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 10/15/2008 6:37:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

whoa!!
it's a sound

Aegle
#9 Posted : 1/11/2009 5:31:48 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Paul Stamets is such an amazing person Smile I admire him alot. Thank you for the awesome post idtravlr.

Much peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

richierich_931
#10 Posted : 6/16/2009 4:17:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Old thread, but that is some really amazing stuff!
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

Drake
#11 Posted : 6/17/2009 11:36:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am grateful you bumped the topic! I have not seen this, really interesting stuff, thanks!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Observant
#12 Posted : 6/17/2009 1:56:33 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I also recommend his newest Book - " Mycelium Running "
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

narmz
#13 Posted : 6/17/2009 7:31:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Does anyone know if he actually has a degree in mycology? I can't seem to find any information on his education. Not that I doubt his credibility, it's just cool to see people who were self taught and do really great, important work.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

idtravlr
#14 Posted : 6/17/2009 10:54:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
Does anyone know if he actually has a degree in mycology? I can't seem to find any information on his education. Not that I doubt his credibility, it's just cool to see people who were self taught and do really great, important work.

As per his first major book release "The Mushroom Cultivator", in the early 80's I don't believe he had any higher education degree. I'd be surprised if he hasn't been given an honorary degree from one of the PNW colleges, but I don't know for sure.

I love the fact that he gets a standing ovation for this presentation. You can tell he's nervous about presenting to a very corporate and "micophobic" audience, but he just rocked their worlds! And mine! Glad this thread was pulled back up. I actually had forgotten about this post.

His store is just across the river from me. Fungi Perfecti. They have everything you could ever need (except for dellic spores of course).

Peace
-idt

-Terence McKenna

richierich_931
#15 Posted : 8/30/2009 12:17:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bump
Why can't the supernatural just be, natural? After all, supernatural is just a term for aspects of nature that we do not understand...

Listen to your heart, it's telling you you're homesick for a place you've never been

balaganist
#16 Posted : 8/30/2009 12:26:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeh amazing stuff, been telling a few friends about it since I saw it.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

supernatural
#17 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:40:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that's awesome, def worth spending the time to watch

MagikVenom
#18 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:54:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

His store is just across the river from me. Fungi Perfecti. They have everything you could ever need (except for dellic spores of course).

Yes I love the chain saw oil complete with spores so I can start a crop of tasting mushrooms for next seasons dinner wile cutting wood for my stove.
He has done a lot of work with Japanese researchers on medicinal mushroom compounds and extracts.

Certainly on of the worlds experts on mushrooms in general.

PEACE
MV

jamie
#19 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:59:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Paul Stamets is awesome! I bought his book "The Mushroom Cuntivator" a few years ago with my first spores and kit..It's got so much info in it on all kinds of mushrooms, psilio's included of course. Highly recomend it. It's great as well becasue it has some really good glossy color photos of psilocybe cyanescenes, so I can take it with me picking for identification.
Long live the unwoke.