We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
HELP!!! extraction problems... Options

Adventurous1
#1 Posted : 9/12/2009 11:11:28 PM

David

I have successfully extracted spice on numerous occasions in the states where food grade NaOH is available but now I am in Peru and lye is horribly diluted here due to cocaine trafficking and I need a easily obtainable substitute.

I just purchased 2 kilos of beautiful MHRB at a peruano street market for $50US and seeing it sitting here in a bag is just... wrong! Sad

Muchas gracias in advance
aude sapere

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

PerPLexED
#2 Posted : 9/13/2009 12:01:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PerPLexED has been extensivly reading n various teks so when his MHRB arrives he will be ready to play chef. He remembers reading somewhere that such a high PH is not required, and if too high, will actually result in a lower yield. He believes it was between 9-11(however, he doesn't want to be quoted as he is still regurgitating what he heard. He says to try ebay, although customs may be a problem. Or, try looking around for other bases with a high ph that can be found and if they need to be cleaned if icky unwanted stuff(draino is lye, but probably has other drain-cleaning powers).
Look through extractions and find other possible bases that can be substituted, and where they can be found.
"We are the analogies we believe." - PerPLexED

PerPLexED is a confused fictional creature.
He doesn't know that he is fictional.
He doesn't know what fiction is.
He doesn't know anything, really.
But strives to know it all.