We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Rue+THH=Caapi? Options

soulman
#1 Posted : 8/25/2009 7:29:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having spoken to a few people on about this topic, i have heard on more than one occasion not to mix caapi with rue as these two plants do like each other at all and can give rise to an unpleasant experience.

However, SWIM was tinking about prehaps taking some oral THH along with rue. He is thinking that this would give rise to a more aya feel as essentially the harmala combination would be akin to that of the vine.

SWIM was wondering if anyone else has experimented with this and what the results were.
Is it a bad idea?
You have to go within or you go without

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

kungpow
#2 Posted : 9/11/2009 8:17:07 PM

Brandon

I have never tried it, but it seems like your idea would work. I would suggest just buying the pure chemical forms of rue from FV as they are very cheap. I don't see that it would be dangerous so I am definitely interested in how this will work out.

soulman
#3 Posted : 9/11/2009 8:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, i forgot to update this.
This worked VERY well.
SWIM has always struggled to "take off" with rue and rootbark brews, but he took 150mg orally to suppliment his rue and for the first time he had a full on visionary experience with the brew. It was beautiful. Muchos blissfulful feeling with bright colourful organic, kaleidascopic, psychedelic imagery. It was very similar to when SWIM has drunk caapi tea and smoked some changa. Just beautiful.

The second night he tried this, it was still as visual but had the unusual side effect of not being able to think straight at all. He could not string thoughts together at all. It was like he had lost his mind. It was frustrating at first, but after a while he found it highly amusing and for the first time ever the brew gave him the giggles.

SWIM will DEFO be trying this again.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 9/11/2009 8:47:04 PM

The Great Namah

Actually, this will probably not give much of a Caapi feel to it for a few reasons.

1) rue contains a couple of rather nasty alkaloids such as Vasicinone and Vasicine. These alkaloids give that "toxic" feeling. adding THH won't take that away from the mix

2) Harmaline, Rue has loads of this alkaloid, Caapi has little to none. It changes the feel quite a bit. Harmaline is quite sedating.

The vine just has its own feel and personallity. If you want to get the feel of Caapi, just use Caapi.

I imagine that adding THH to rue will give it a different feel, but don't expect it to be the same as the vine.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

soulman
#5 Posted : 9/11/2009 8:51:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well SWIM would have to beg to differ. Like i said, SWIM said it was almost identical to when SWIM drinks caapi tea and smokes changa. TBH, if he didnt know what he had taken, he would have had trouble telling the two apart!

soulfood
#6 Posted : 9/12/2009 12:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Yeah, I always figured rue was more different from caapi because of the presence of harmaline in the rue rather than the lack of THH. THH is a more transparent experience, I think anyway.

69ron
#7 Posted : 9/12/2009 1:14:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Yeah, I always figured rue was more different from caapi because of the presence of harmaline in the rue rather than the lack of THH. THH is a more transparent experience, I think anyway.

THH is quite a modifier of other compounds. It’s not at all “transparent” in SWIM's opinion. It's totally different from harmine and harmaline. The effect it has is on a whole different level. It's not harmine or THH that makes caapi what it is, it's the combination of the two. Harmine doesn’t feel like caapi, nor does THH, but when combined they do.

The same is true with rue, neither harmaline nor harmine produce the effects of rue. For a general effect similar to rue, you need them both mixed together.

Each of these compounds has a very distinct feel and you cannot substitute one for another and expect the same feel to the trip.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.