We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
I want to go to the see the shamen in the Amazon Options

tezmckez
#1 Posted : 1/15/2017 2:32:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello.

I saw a lot of things with DMT changa between the three years before last and saw some very confusing things, things which I feel never consolidated. I was no longer able to bear what I was seeing, things such as unbelievable post death-and-back-to-3d-reality trips, watching various dimensions break into awareness, I stopped taking the substance and took to cannabis. I recently found ketamine to be an artificial replacement which seems to offer a numb psychedelic experience, alas it is not the same as walking in the sun on mushrooms fully aware and mobile and connected.

I feel the pull of ego explanation in natural psychedelics, specifically used in native rituals and tested by consensus if possible, known by confession of the Shamen to be tested by time and generations of shamen. If I went forward like this I don't think it could safely be without the trusted guidance of age tested magic men. I really want to see the extend of my psychic range and understand the correct way of using my energy to create peace of mind and eventually greater awareness and understanding of time and death and my place in all of it.

I also feel that my lack of control and ability is making my life into an ill mind body spirit. If I don't break through to another level of understanding, I may fall into disparaged loss of control and leave my desires unfulfilled or misunderstood. My being is too small and slow, too weak and confused. Would anyone consider this taking a shortcut, to ask for medication, to which I say I feel like ayahuasca is my human birthright and that anyone can and should at least try to seek out something of such basic merit. I ask for ancient wisdom to show me my ability to heal and bring about focussed yet loose control over my intelligence. so that I may do the dance with reality in multiple waking dimensions even without any brews inside my belly.

I wonder how one would get the real deal, perhaps not through any shamen that advertise on the internet or invite tourists for money, surely the best plant brew and the heart of wisdom is somewhere deep beyond my cultural membrane of accessibility. Not only overseas but through dense forest with no signs and no English.

Is there perhaps a network of westerners who are in communication with shamen and who give certain people boons in accessing their communication network, perhaps depending on how deserving and suitable a person is. And of course, how virtuous, reliable, ethical, right hearted a person is proved must factor in above most in such a society of ones of connections to sacred knowledge. Well, I would ask such a society the question: how do I know I am coming to the right place, that this is for me?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 1/15/2017 3:21:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An important factor in deciding this is your budget/location in the world. For me to go to the amazon it would cost a few thousand at least (for a short trip) and that is not something I can afford. Perhaps it could be if I knew for certain it was going to change my life FOR THE BETTER, but there is no surety of that. You could potentially have bad trips the whole time, or not get what you hoped out of it and waste your money. But then again, nothing ventured nothing gained.

A good shaman is a must, i haven't seen people talk of such things as finding them on here as that might come under the no sourcing and real life information rules. You could do some research on public forums like reddit or facebook to see what people say. Or you could just go there and "let the spirit guide you", if you are inclined to think/believe in that way.

Good luck Thumbs up

P.S. read this recent thread: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=73718

entheogenic-gnosis
#3 Posted : 1/15/2017 3:35:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It is my opinion that it is the psychedelic compounds themselves which are the true teachers.

-eg

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 1/15/2017 4:40:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
It is my opinion that it is the psychedelic compounds themselves which are the true teachers.

-eg

I would tend to share this opinion.

From my experience seeking a spiritual awakening via an "authentic" shaman is a dead end path. All these so called spiritual leaders including everything from evangelical Christian to Shipibo shamans will tell you to beware of anything outside their religious influence.
The more generic and inclusive experience that I am sure most of us are seeking is closer than you think.

One of the things that drew me to the Nexus is the concept of integration. I tried the jungle shaman route described in this this thread and I felt like the square block trying to go through the round hole for the entire experience. Beyond being turned off by their practices and beliefs, their culture simply does not fit my world view or spirituality.

I have my GF, a couple of close friends, and the Nexus. I wish there were more, but that is the extent of my ability to integrate my psychedelic experiences. I nearly lost my sense of spirituality from my psuedo spiritual ayahuasca experience with the Shipibos and a bunch of new agey hippyish followers. This is not the path to enlightenment. It is a path to learn about other cultures and an opportunity to trip balls in the jungle.

Enlightenment is much more elusive than physical location or even culture. Traveling to the ends of the earth to find a shaman or other spiritual leader to guide you to enlightenment is nothing more than a distraction from true enlightenment.

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 1/15/2017 8:05:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

-eg

Concur 100%!!!

Peace

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/15/2017 10:08:08 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sadly The Shamen disbanded in 1999.

(Plural of 'shaman' is 'shamans' Big grin )

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Swayambhu
#7 Posted : 1/15/2017 11:17:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

I was going to point this out but decided it would be a bit… small.

Just saying'! (smiley-face shrugs!)

HumbleTraveler777
#8 Posted : 1/16/2017 4:01:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Seek and you shall find. They aren't so elusive. There is a pretty good ayahuasca "scene" going on in most major cities...

Personally I've benefited drinking with a shaman. They've definitely assisted me during ceremony. Drinking with other people is also nice, its nice to share the experience, you'll likely make some real good friends!

Having everyone sharing their experiences after can also be very beneficial.

syberdelic
#9 Posted : 1/16/2017 4:19:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I almost forgot about group therapy.

That's when the shaman tells you that your' visions are just noise or thoughts that need to be cleared.

ganesh
#10 Posted : 1/16/2017 9:46:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

-eg

Well let me say that in the Amazon, that Curandero's will have done apprenticeships which will include intensive 'dietas', (and that means ingesting plants to learn from them in solitide and with big lifestyle/diet restrictions). They will learn Icaros and skills through them, and will amalgamate these teachings with Ayahuasca sessions. In fact, a Curandero is like a concentrated form of plant knowledge and healing skills. They are akin to a trained Carpenter with the flashy toolkit, whereas the person who just drinks Ayahuasca is like a clumsy DIY fixer.

It is also true that the Curandero gets a lot of their knowledge from plants that are not classed as psychadelics either. Drinking Ayahuasca is just a small part of where the healings come from, the rest is from the Curandero and his trained skills and abilities to use that Ayahuasca and manipulate the energetics.

A trained Curandero has a lot of skills and abilities that an Ayahuasca drinker will not have.

What is interesting to note on this forum is that the word 'dieta' is almost unheard of, as if to say that Ayahuasca is only of value. That is such a mistake! I think this is because the majority here simply want to use it for psychotherapeutic and visionary purposes, rather than to heal physical illness. If that is what they want, then they should just choose something like fungus. If they are using Ayahuasca without proper protection they could be causing more harm than good.

More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

pitubo
#11 Posted : 1/16/2017 8:08:27 PM

dysfunctional word machine

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Lol! I remember that. I used to be so innocent, back then.

pitubo
#12 Posted : 1/16/2017 8:25:10 PM

ganesh wrote:
If that is what they want, then they should just choose something like fungus. If they are using Ayahuasca without proper protection they could be causing more harm than good.

Until you can actually substantiate such claims, I'll call it for what it is: baseless innuendo and FUD.

ShamensStamen
#13 Posted : 1/16/2017 9:02:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ganesh wrote:

-eg

Well let me say that in the Amazon, that Curandero's will have done apprenticeships which will include intensive 'dietas', (and that means ingesting plants to learn from them in solitide and with big lifestyle/diet restrictions). They will learn Icaros and skills through them, and will amalgamate these teachings with Ayahuasca sessions. In fact, a Curandero is like a concentrated form of plant knowledge and healing skills. They are akin to a trained Carpenter with the flashy toolkit, whereas the person who just drinks Ayahuasca is like a clumsy DIY fixer.

It is also true that the Curandero gets a lot of their knowledge from plants that are not classed as psychadelics either. Drinking Ayahuasca is just a small part of where the healings come from, the rest is from the Curandero and his trained skills and abilities to use that Ayahuasca and manipulate the energetics.

A trained Curandero has a lot of skills and abilities that an Ayahuasca drinker will not have.

What is interesting to note on this forum is that the word 'dieta' is almost unheard of, as if to say that Ayahuasca is only of value. That is such a mistake! I think this is because the majority here simply want to use it for psychotherapeutic and visionary purposes, rather than to heal physical illness. If that is what they want, then they should just choose something like fungus. If they are using Ayahuasca without proper protection they could be causing more harm than good.

There's plenty of things one can get just from Aya themselves. To think it's stupid or foolish or not as full of an experience when taking it on one's own outside of traditional context, is just ridiculous. I'm sure there is definitely more than Aya when it comes to South American healing and such, and i don't dismiss any of it. But people really seem to downplay Harmalas and DMT and all the potential from it and from within ourselves.

tezmckez
#14 Posted : 1/16/2017 9:18:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm just waiting for someone to IM me and say 'we are the secret Ayahuasca society of the UK and you are cordially invited...'

pitubo
#15 Posted : 1/16/2017 9:22:37 PM

tezmckez wrote:
I'm just waiting for someone to IM me and say 'we are the secret Ayahuasca society of the UK and you are cordially invited...'

So maybe you should simply start one.

ganesh
#16 Posted : 1/17/2017 9:46:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
ganesh wrote:
If that is what they want, then they should just choose something like fungus. If they are using Ayahuasca without proper protection they could be causing more harm than good.

Until you can actually substantiate such claims, I'll call it for what it is: baseless innuendo and FUD.

Traditionally protection is used for good reasons. Any operating theatre needs to be safe and clean. I'm not talking about tripping here, but deep work with a Curandero, who is working at energetic levels and using Icaros and Mapaccho. So do you think their tradition is baseless? Do you think the idea of working with plant spirits and calling them to help is baseless?

ShamensStamen wrote:

There's plenty of things one can get just from Aya themselves. To think it's stupid or foolish or not as full of an experience when taking it on one's own outside of traditional context, is just ridiculous. I'm sure there is definitely more than Aya when it comes to South American healing and such, and i don't dismiss any of it. But people really seem to downplay Harmalas and DMT and all the potential from it and from within ourselves.

I was trying to explain the differences, i was not saying drinking alone was stupid or foolish.However, I would say drinking alone is stupid and foolish only if it was done incorrectly, because then it can be risky.

Sublimer
#17 Posted : 1/17/2017 12:26:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:

-eg

This is not the path to enlightenment. It is a path to learn about other cultures and an opportunity to trip balls in the jungle.

Enlightenment is much more elusive than physical location or even culture.

I was looking at trips to Peru myself. This resonated with me. I don't want my spiritual journey to be reduced to getting stuck in a tourist trap. Thanks for pointing this out!

ganesh
#18 Posted : 1/17/2017 7:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sublimer wrote:
syberdelic wrote:

-eg

This is not the path to enlightenment. It is a path to learn about other cultures and an opportunity to trip balls in the jungle.

Enlightenment is much more elusive than physical location or even culture.

I was looking at trips to Peru myself. This resonated with me. I don't want my spiritual journey to be reduced to getting stuck in a tourist trap. Thanks for pointing this out!

Sounds a bit 'meh', to use the opinions of a few to decide on avoiding a trip to Peru.

If you're on a proper path to 'Enlightenment', then you should be aware that part of it should include some real life travelling. It's a bit limiting to base it all on one forum, especially when a lot of stuff is omitted, like talk about Dieta.

downwardsfromzero
#19 Posted : 1/17/2017 11:11:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Swayambhu wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

I was going to point this out but decided it would be a bit… small.

Just saying'! (smiley-face shrugs!)

They did also produce this:

and this:

which is possibly tangentially relevant.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PsyDuckmonkey
#20 Posted : 1/18/2017 3:22:47 PM

witch

ganesh wrote:

Traditionally protection is used for good reasons. Any operating theatre needs to be safe and clean. I'm not talking about tripping here, but deep work with a Curandero, who is working at energetic levels and using Icaros and Mapaccho. So do you think their tradition is baseless? Do you think the idea of working with plant spirits and calling them to help is baseless?

Baseless and "not necessarily your path" is not the same.

I wouldn't call any religion baseless. I mean, look at Catholic monks. Their entire life is spent refining themselves in knowledge and wisdom. There is real wisdom there, but that doesn't mean I'll uncritically accept Catholic dogma because they say so. In fact, it is my firm belief that Catholic dogma is objectively false - but still not firm enough to tell that to a Catholic.

The same with Curanderos and their Icaros and Mapaccho and energetic levels and whatevs. They have a tradition that is just as valid as any other. They are priests. Of a religion. One religion. Out of a countless religions. People vary in how much religion they want in their spirituality / psychedelic life.

Some want none. But even if someone does want some, it's good to at least first understand the actual religion the procedures they intend to follow. If it turns out that the dogma of a religion is disagreeable to you, it's better to find out while sober than during a bad trip under their lead.

DMT is not a South American legacy, it's a human legacy. It's a chemical that's in every second damn greenery out there. Buddhism, Catholicism, or the integral psychology of Ken Wilber are just as authentic philosophical backdrops to it than what the 'shamen' would tell you. The Inquisition may have rooted up our (European Caucasian people's) indigenous psychedelic culture, but we now have a new one. It's the psychedelic culture of the 60s. That is "our path". I won't say you have to follow it, but hey, you might as well. It's exactly as authentic for us as what the Curanderos do is for them.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

123NEXT