We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hi ! Options

john8oy
#1 Posted : 1/14/2017 12:39:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,
I have to say that this forum is a bit intimidating, but i'm sure i'll get used to it. A bit about me....
40 year old male. Been meditating for about 15 years, do regular meditation retreats. Would say that my main reason for exploring DMT is because i would like answers and clarity. Although i do hear that DMT gives more questions than answers. Also, i'm just curious about it all. I'm an avid listener of the joe rogan experience so i guess i can blame him for me being here in the first place. Did mushrooms as a kid but didn't really enjoy it. Smoked a lot of cannabis and gave it up because it makes me extremely paranoid and anxious. I am an anxious person. Especially when i don't meditate or exercise.
I'm going to try my first hit tonight and am quite nervous about it. Bought a scale and will try 30mg to start off.
I tend to daydream and alternate between extended fantasys of fame/celebrity which are regularly interrupted by intrusive thoughts of shame/humiliation. This of course diminishes when i am on meditation retreats. I am considering living in a monastery for an extended period. I have done a 1 month retreat and regularly do two 9 day retreats a year.
I really am curious and scared of DMT. Plus, not a lot of people seem to discuss the after effects of the experience. There's lots of talk of elves etc but if you can't take anything back to the "real world" then whats the point ? This is where i live most of the time.
Anyways, i'd love to hear back from some of you !
J.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

john8oy
#2 Posted : 1/14/2017 1:13:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So i just smoked some DMT. Not nearly enough obviously. I felt my head go heavy and i was fully conscious. When i closed my eyes i started to see all the usual fractal images. Although not very powerful. I have to say that i did feel as if my head was being "pulled" torwards something or other.
Anyways, i'll leave it at that. I'll go again next week and double the dose. Intersting times...

JustAnotherHuman
#3 Posted : 1/14/2017 5:27:59 PM

You create your own reality

Welcome to the Nexus brotha!Thumbs up
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

TGO
#4 Posted : 1/14/2017 6:29:14 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Welcome to the Nexus!

I would strongly advise against "doubling the dose" if you are starting out with 30mg and not getting much from it. 60mg can easily turn into a traumatizing experience. Even the difference between 20mg and 25mg can make a pretty big difference in how your journey will play out. The most common problem around here, especially for newcomers, is improper vaping technique. With proper technique, most of us here only need somewhere between 20-35mg for an intense breakthrough experience. There are exceptions of course.

What device are you using to vape/smoke the DMT? Did you extract the DMT? Is it in freebase form? Is it infused onto leaf? Did you only take one hit? If you could give us a description of how you went about ingesting the DMT, we can hopefully help you get more out of 30mg for your next experience. Sorry for all the questions, but I'd rather make sure we have everything else right before upping the dose to the extreme.

PEACE
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

syberdelic
#5 Posted : 1/14/2017 8:06:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Having fear of DMT is healthy. It means that you have a respect for it which I cannot over-emphasize.

As far as bringing things back, don't go into the experience expecting to pull anything back with you to the real world. There will be things to bring back, but you have little or no control over this. I have found that so called "setting of intentions" just muddies up the experience and can make you blind or closed off to what you actually need to see/experience. A common thing that I bring back with me is simply a new respect and reverence for my own life and life in general. These revelations are often very personal things that we already have knowledge of, but not on an aware or conscious level.

As for Joe Rogan, be careful which of his gems you digest. He makes a lot of good points, but there are some things that come out of his mouth that have little basis in reality/fact. The same can be said of most psychedelic gurus. The idea of DMT being released in our brains upon birth and death is pure speculation and most likely false. The best theory I have heard for why we have DMT in our bodies is to preserve the brain upon temporary clinical death (lack of oxygen), but in sub-hallucinogenic doses.

I wish you a splendid journey and safe return.

Sublimer
#6 Posted : 1/15/2017 6:00:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I brought things back. Questions were answered, but replaced with more complex questions. When I smoke a lot, I feel like I am taken to the afterlife. I've been told that if I want to understand that place better, I have to die. As that will happen anyways, I should just visit that place whenever I want and enjoy my life as long as I have it. I'll understand it sooner than I would probably like.

I actually think it's great to have an agenda. Just remember, you get the trip you need, not the one you want.

john8oy
#7 Posted : 1/15/2017 8:53:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus!

I would strongly advise against "doubling the dose" if you are starting out with 30mg and not getting much from it. 60mg can easily turn into a traumatizing experience. Even the difference between 20mg and 25mg can make a pretty big difference in how your journey will play out. The most common problem around here, especially for newcomers, is improper vaping technique. With proper technique, most of us here only need somewhere between 20-35mg for an intense breakthrough experience. There are exceptions of course.

What device are you using to vape/smoke the DMT? Did you extract the DMT? Is it in freebase form? Is it infused onto leaf? Did you only take one hit? If you could give us a description of how you went about ingesting the DMT, we can hopefully help you get more out of 30mg for your next experience. Sorry for all the questions, but I'd rather make sure we have everything else right before upping the dose to the extreme.

PEACE

Cheers for the reply. I bought a $70 scale and put my new wooden vapor genie on it and tared it. When i put the DMT into it - the weight didn't register. I had divided my DMT up on a mirror so i know what qty i put in the pipe. After smoking i put the exact same qty on the scale (with no wooden vapor genie) and it still didn't register. So i doubled the amount and it registered at 30mg ! Thing is, i checked the scale/balance i purchased against a 0.00001 scale in work and i weighs slightly low. I'm not sure how much i can trust it really. But i purchased 250mg so i could also use that as a gauge ie a quarter should be 62.5g !
The DMT is a powder, yellowish in colour. Not sure about much else apart from that really. I smoked the DMT by using the wooden vapor genie as instructed. I basically sucked in for a long period of time and held it. Then i repeated. Afterwards i looked in the pipe and there was no sign of the white/yellow powder.

TGO
#8 Posted : 1/17/2017 6:18:38 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Just a friendly reminder not to mention buying DMT, see HERE for more information.

As for the issues with the scale, here is a recent thread that deals with common issues and ways to troubleshoot them. If you were getting slight effects, then there is a chance that it is DMT, although it will be impossible to know for sure without using a test kit. The wooden vapor genie is one of the best devices out there for vaping DMT but most people claim that there is a bit of a learning curve when first using one. I don't own one, personally, so I can't help much there. I prefer changa or enhanced leaf smoked in a bong.

Patience and perseverance pays off with this molecule so keep trying and don't be discouraged! Have a good one!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

john8oy
#9 Posted : 1/21/2017 1:35:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The Grateful One wrote:
Just a friendly reminder not to mention buying DMT, see HERE for more information.

As for the issues with the scale, here is a recent thread that deals with common issues and ways to troubleshoot them. If you were getting slight effects, then there is a chance that it is DMT, although it will be impossible to know for sure without using a test kit. The wooden vapor genie is one of the best devices out there for vaping DMT but most people claim that there is a bit of a learning curve when first using one. I don't own one, personally, so I can't help much there. I prefer changa or enhanced leaf smoked in a bong.

Patience and perseverance pays off with this molecule so keep trying and don't be discouraged! Have a good one!

Cheers man,
Yeh the wooden vapor genie has me in a bit of a fix. Basically i used up the rest of my DMT today and i'm not sure that i utilised the VG correctly. Although i watched plenty of youtube tutorials on how to do it. I'm not even sure what more i can do to learn. Not exactly excited at the prospects of wasting more DMT. I got some cool CEV today while listening to the Beatles. I took the top of the VG off and applied the flame directly to the wire mesh and i got a good stong whack off that. When i used the VG as directed, i didn't exhale any smoke.
Anyways, like you said, its a learning curve. The visuals were pretty cool. But to be honest it felt like i was outside a nightclub watching through a dirty window. I wanna go inside and have some fun...