We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mdma at home therapy? Options

Incal
#21 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:07:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Also you could check out "the secret chief revealed" by Myron J Stolaroff published by MAPS. About someone who chose this path as a professional.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

dreamer042
#22 Posted : 1/17/2017 7:23:16 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Here is a link to the official handbook for using MDMA in the treatment of PTSD. This would be the absolute best place to start if you are serious about pursuing such methods solo.

In what (I believe?) was her last public talk, Ann noted that hypnotherapy was both safer and moar effective than MDMA/2C-B for the kind of shadow work she was doing. The territories she was treading into were quite different from the clinical methodologies in the manual above. I'd suggest working with a professional is going to be much moar necessary in doing the shadow work, than in pursuing MDMA for anxiety/PTSD/etc.

I expect there is a lot of room for combining moar traditional therapeutic techniques such as CBT practices, Psychoanalysis techniques, Gestalt therapies, etc with MDMA for overcoming personal limitations, insecurities, and hang ups. This isn't something that hasn't really been addressed much in academia as of yet, but I feel like it is an area where MDMA can really shine.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Infectedlsd
#23 Posted : 1/17/2017 11:59:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Incal wrote:
Also you could check out "the secret chief revealed" by Myron J Stolaroff published by MAPS. About someone who chose this path as a professional.

Thank you I will check that out! Very happy

Infectedlsd
#24 Posted : 1/17/2017 12:26:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
I understand that everybody is unique, and that you must know yourself, however, entactogens such as MDMA have unique pharmacological actions which distinguish them from other psychedelics. I distinguish entactogenic compounds from psychedelic compounds, and feel that entactogens and their unique pharmacology serve very well for certain types of psychotherapy...where I feel other psychedelics would not be appropriate...though I feel like I am repeating myself at this point, so I will just leave this one at that.

-eg

The pre-frontal cortex is an area in which mdma does most of it's effects doesn't it? This part is damaged in long-term users. Habitual use results in lower blood-flow to this area of the brain. It can take several years to recover from it or so I heared.

The pre-frontal cortex is involved in social cognition. social planning.

wikipedia wrote:
Many authors have indicated an integral link between a person's personality and the functions of the prefrontal cortex.[1] This brain region has been implicated in planning complex cognitive behavior, personality expression, decision making, and moderating social behaviour.[2] The basic activity of this brain region is considered to be orchestration of thoughts and actions in accordance with internal goals.

If you have a problem with this. In some youthes the prefrontal cortex is not working properly, it might actually be smaller. Perhaps this is why mdma works differently to some. It also highlights where MDMA shines for me. It temporarily boosts the ability to plan and cognitize mostly social behavior.

This is just where mdma does it's work. And psychedelics do not go there very much so. If this is the part in the brain you want to access and examine in a new light. Psychedelics will not work to enhance this specific area of the brain because psychedelic are only drugs and work only to enhance the parts of the brain that it accesses and not this specific part.

PREV12