We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Harmaline to THH (Success?!!) Options

Mindlusion
#1 Posted : 1/17/2017 2:56:27 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

2headsARE1 wrote:

3) I searched extensively, but I couldn't find any good photos of "pure" THH, or the way that it reacts with UV light. Does the fluorescence look correct (fluoresce when dry, but not when moist)?

THH fluorseces at a low wavelength. Your UV light might not be short wave, im guessing its probably around 365nm, I have one like this too.

THH only glows brightly under shortwave UV.

Check out in this thread, under ambient lighting no fluoresence could be seen at all, only in darkness was the THH visible, and even then, it did not fluoresce, but it was visible on the TLC plate.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=72092

So this is good news, from this alone I don't think it would be a stretch to assume a successful conversion!
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/17/2017 11:39:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another THH rat, splendid Smile

I've little doubt that your harmaline went THH, Zn does a wonderful job.
About your questions:
1) it looks ZnOH is very insoluble in alcohols Thumbs up
2) no idea
3) you can't ID THH on behalf of a looks-like appearance comparison even if you found a pic of 100% THH. The best we've had here so far is microscopic images of the crystals itself. Melting point is another hint but personally I've not done so.

May I ask about the harmaline used, was it fairly pure? Did you make it yourself, how?

For your next attempts there's a way around the ZnOH blubbering, base with ammonia and your ZnOH will redissolve completely. This effect also happens under strong lye but the amounts of lye you need for that to happen is insanely much.
Sodium carbonate also works on a practical scale for this but I prefer ammonia due no foaming and no CO2 pH influences that happen under sodium carbonate.
It eliminates the whole alcohol step Thumbs up

Jees
#3 Posted : 1/18/2017 9:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

2headsARE1 wrote:
...So have you tried the THH? Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this ... My wife might be able to give me some feedback though!

There were a few runs on a mix of harmine+THH and light, very cute to have no body load!

Then there was harmine alone, just super nice harmala feeling in a super clean body & mind. Short acting.

Then there was only 1 run on 100mg harmaline, a stoney feeling very close to 2 - 3 gr kratom, so a bit dissociation. I like that as used alone, a cute alternative to kratom and weed I suppose. Good time span. But for a ceremony things are quite hard and difficult enough so extra body-load I usually avoid if possible.

THH alone, 1 test: 150 mg as a try out: no such a load as harmaline, but more load than harmine. The nature of the load was particular, kind of a dense feeling in body and mind but not taxing, like being in your 'cloud'. The feeling was quite neutral, no bliss & not bad. Absolutely no confirmation of the "holy grail" so far, not on that run. Duration: cannot say as someone started to light up a THC bomber after a few hours. Razz

More test are needed, these are actually very prelim findings only, thus FWIW. So far I could estimate that harmine is the most noble of the 3.

ganesh
#4 Posted : 1/18/2017 10:16:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jees, did u misspell the 2nd line?
More imaginative mutterings of nonsense from the old elephant!

Jees
#5 Posted : 1/18/2017 11:23:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes thank you, I've edited it. Good catch.
Wink

ijahdan
#6 Posted : 2/9/2017 3:02:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As reported in another thread about harmaline to thh reduction, I ended up with a very small amount of what was presumed to be thh, about 250mg from reducing over a gram of harmaline. Still dont know where the rest went.

I also had a small amount of something from a reduction of mixed harmine/harmaline and possible carbonate contaminants. About 100mg of this was smoked using the sandwich method. Didnt burn well and minimal effects. I was kind of demoralized after this and didnt bother testing the other batch (reduced from pure harmaline), as it looked similar. Until a few days ago that is.

Well, I sandwiched about 50mg of this between sage and smoked it. A few minutes later I lay down in the dark and had the most warm and relaxing feeling wash over me. Some dark, mysterious visuals with closed eyes, wandering thoughts, dream sequences, all very mystical feeling. Seemed to last a long time until I fell asleep at some point. Felt great the next day, very sharp.

This success encouraged me to make a small batch of changa with the remaining thh and an equal amount of harmine in a 1:1:1 ratio, harmalas:junglespice:leaf. Turned out very sticky due to high alk to leaf ratio. Im planning to try it out properly soon, but couldnt resist a little tester last night.

I put a tiny crumb in my pipe and got one fairly small lungful out of it. Felt it coming on slowly, so got into bed and lay down, as before. Again, the warmth and relaxation crept up, possibly the most relaxed Ive ever felt, but this time there was a bit more visual action, enhaced colours, slight rippling of surfaces. Felt very clear and alert while the light was on, but easily slipped into a dreamstate when I turned it off. Lasted for ages. Fell asleep easily when it wore off. Very euphoric and sensual body feeling.

Looking forward to trying a proper amount. Definitely the best maoi mixture Ive yet tried, even better than caapi extract.

rild
#7 Posted : 3/3/2017 6:08:33 AM

rild

I pulled some harmine from rue and then did the THH tek. Let it run about 12 hours with constant stirring. Test showed THH with almost no harmine or harmaline or anything else. It is a very nice addition to ayahuasca for me but it can cause a bit of vertigo. I use about 100 mg. At 500 mg added to my regular aya, I get intense vertigo when in complete darkness.

ijahdan
#8 Posted : 3/3/2017 8:04:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rild wrote:
I pulled some harmine from rue and then did the THH tek. Let it run about 12 hours with constant stirring. Test showed THH with almost no harmine or harmaline or anything else. It is a very nice addition to ayahuasca for me but it can cause a bit of vertigo. I use about 100 mg. At 500 mg added to my regular aya, I get intense vertigo when in complete darkness.

Did you mean you pulled harmaline from rue and then reduced with zinc? This doesnt work with harmine.

Jees
#9 Posted : 3/3/2017 8:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

rild wrote:
...Test showed THH with almost no harmine or harmaline or anything else. ..
ijahdan is right. Nor Zn nor NaBH4 reduces harmine Wut?

What kind of "Test" was done on the materials to determine the alleged successful reduction please? Thank you.

ganesh
#10 Posted : 3/3/2017 10:45:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jees wrote:

There were a few runs on a mix of harmine+THH and light, very cute to have no body load!

Then there was harmine alone, just super nice harmala feeling in a super clean body & mind. Short acting.

More test are needed, these are actually very prelim findings only, thus FWIW. So far I could estimate that harmine is the most noble of the 3.

So, are you saying that Harmine+THH and light is the best experience,

Or is Harmine and light the best?

Jees
#11 Posted : 3/3/2017 11:35:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm sorry to have not done more tests since. Embarrased
So I think it's still quite premature to come to hard conclusions.

Soon I'll feel better health wise to take off again, I think April something. I've never had a winter before that affected me this much, very strange.

So, to be continued on my part ....

ganesh
#12 Posted : 3/3/2017 12:37:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to hear that Jees.

Do hope your research continues to grow, as your work is exemplary.

Get well soon. Wink

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 3/3/2017 1:49:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

rild wrote:

Ijahdan wrote:
Did you mean you pulled harmaline from rue and then reduced with zinc? This doesnt work with harmine.

Jees wrote:
ijahdan is right. Nor Zn nor NaBH4 reduces harmine Wut?

What kind of "Test" was done on the materials to determine the alleged successful reduction please? Thank you.

And what precisely did you do for the "THH tek", rild? It would be very helpful to know the grade of your reagents, whether any special trick was used, whether any catalytic substance was added or could otherwise have been present, as this would, if true, be something of a breakthrough for harmala science.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

rild
#14 Posted : 3/3/2017 3:20:11 PM

rild

On my THH from rue -

My pH meter was not well calibrated so I pulled off only about half of the harmine. And I had not read the last five pages of the tek and was expecting to convert just part of the harmaline to THH, leaving me with a mixture of harmine, harmaline, and THH.

I spent about $60 for a magnetic stirrer and now have a lifetime supply of THH. I have a 1980s gas chromatograph for testing.

For the conversion, I did not follow exactly the tek in that I used slightly high pH, less zinc, and more time. After the zinc step, I filtered and refiltered, added lye, let it settle and decanted, added neutral water, let it settle, decanted, then filtered out a very large supply of clean THH.