We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
temperatures during extraction Options

sparrow95
#1 Posted : 1/9/2017 5:53:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have been reviewing extraction teks as a non-chemist who has never used dmt. On pubchem the boiling point of N,N, DMT is listed as 60-80 deg C. My question: Does this not mean that some of the product will be vaporized during extraction any time it is heated?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 1/14/2017 9:52:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

sparrow95 wrote:
I have been reviewing extraction teks as a non-chemist who has never used dmt. On pubchem the boiling point of N,N, DMT is listed as 60-80 deg C. My question: Does this not mean that some of the product will be vaporized during extraction any time it is heated?

Yep, it depends how warm it gets after you basify it. That is why in the teks they say "add the base slowly" because you really don't want to go above 50c. I ruined an xtraction once because I added it too quickly and it got real hot.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/15/2017 1:14:16 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Also, that boiling temperature is under a fairly stiff vacuum. At normal atmospheric pressure it is considerably higher.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

syberdelic
#4 Posted : 1/15/2017 9:58:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is only one time that I use heat.

I will use the standard A/B tek with HCl and NaOH. I will never use either straight. I will dissolve the NaOH in distilled water, and allow it to cool. Even if it didn't create heat, undiluted NaOH will rip DMT apart like it will any organic molecule.

After I have done a few naphtha pulls, I will put my jars with basic solution and naphtha in a water bath and invert a few times as it heats up. I'll try to keep the solution around 50C for about 30 minutes, inverting every five minutes or so. This allows me to maximize DMTs solubility for the final pull. I will turn off the heat and pull the naphtha while it's still near 50C.

I have recently quit using HCL and NaOH. I now use vinegar and sodium carbonate. I find that the vinegar is just as effective as long as you aren't in a hurry and is MUCH safer. The sodium carbonate requires a bit more to get the pH up but can be added directly to solution thus requiring less volume and of course, safer.

sparrow95
#5 Posted : 1/15/2017 10:58:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies. I will keep heat to max 50*C. I have read posts where people have had difficulties, or small yields, and they seem to use higher temps.

pitubo
#6 Posted : 1/16/2017 7:08:45 PM

dysfunctional word machine

If you search for "nomograph" on the nexus forum search engine, you'll find a few threads where the boiling point of dmt is estimated at approximately 380 degrees Celcius.

When basing bark in hot caustic solution, or even directly mixing lye pearls into the bark soup, the nonpolar pull tends to be a lot dirtier. Dissolve the lye prior to mixing it in with the bark and keep the temperature of the bark soup below 50 degrees celcius.