We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Oldest DMT ever used Options

strtman
#1 Posted : 12/5/2016 5:12:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

After extracting DMT I keep it in a vacuum-sealed food storage container. Since I started the tightvac containers were put in a closet. From now on I will store them in the refrigerator.

A lot of information about storage is discussed on this Forum. Despite those posts I have a question. So many new members, you know Smile .

What is the oldest DMT you have used successfully and that was simply kept in a jar, outside a refrigerator, not vacuum-sealed. So it was under the influence of temperature changes etc.?

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

InLaKesh
#2 Posted : 12/5/2016 5:44:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

7 years , and it was good Smile
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

#3 Posted : 12/5/2016 5:52:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Mine was a little over 4 years, bordering 5 years, changa.

One giant rip, and it all came flooding back as intense as it ever was..

strtman
#4 Posted : 12/5/2016 5:53:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That is a long time. DMT is a powerful molecule. Not only effective, but also in duration.

strtman
#5 Posted : 1/12/2017 1:37:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I just took one single hit, a deep breath, 20 mg dark yellow goo.

The spice was more than a year old, kept in a small tightvac container, lying in a drawer. During that period the substance was exposed to temperature differences that occur in a living room.

Folks, what is this stuff still powerful. I am going to store this batch the same way for another whole year. And see what happens when smoking around that time.

Except for this one all other batches end up in de fridge.

syberdelic
#6 Posted : 1/12/2017 3:07:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know about open air and room temp. I would never be that careless with something so valuable.

I can tell you that moisture tight (not necessarily air tight) kept under the freezing point has no noticeable degradation after 8 years.

3rdI
#7 Posted : 1/12/2017 3:18:13 PM

veni, vidi, spici

ive had both joints and bongs loaded in open air for mounths at a time and the contents were still dynamite
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

woody
#8 Posted : 1/12/2017 5:20:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With these comments in mind I wonder which is better for preservation, leaving it locked up in the bark or extracted and stored airtight in the fridge?

syberdelic
#9 Posted : 1/14/2017 8:49:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

woody wrote:
With these comments in mind I wonder which is better for preservation, leaving it locked up in the bark or extracted and stored airtight in the fridge?

If it's a clean extraction, airtight, stored below 0C/32F, this would be FAR superior to it's natural state. It would probably outlive all of us as long as the seal is not broken.

ducdevil
#10 Posted : 1/14/2017 11:46:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

on this topic, i had a few HealthStoneGlass discs loaded up that i had put away and forgotten about. they were in airtight containers in a dark drawer at room temp.

i label the container with batch and dose for easy retrieval.

i fired one up.

as good as it was a year ago.

i really like these HSG pieces; i had an extraction of goo one time and it was nearly impossible to collect and store so i just loaded up a bunch of stones and stored them.

nice. if you haven't tried the HSG stones, you should. they fit perfectly into the GVG (tapered side down) and perform superbly. they're a bit expensive; i soak them IPA after they're used, then flame them with a torch to burn off all the residual. good as new!

cheers

gibran2
#11 Posted : 1/15/2017 1:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

I extracted DMT from about 2009 – 2012, and haven’t extracted any since.
I packed it into small glass jars with screw-top lids, added some oxygen absorber packets, and put it in the freezer. It’s still as good as new.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

DisEmboDied
#12 Posted : 1/18/2017 4:24:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mine was some old goo stuck to a piece of paper, I forgot about it, looked so bad I almost threw it away, I said the hell with it, hit it, and was one of the best times I ever had.

Good thing about psychedelics is that they can last seemingly forever, LSD stored can last a lifetime so say, MDMA, DMT, all that stuff, bummer that mushrooms do not...
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

nen888
#13 Posted : 1/18/2017 11:42:24 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..a small sample (extracted from a plant) was GCMS tested by endlessness a few years ago, showed no formation of oxide or apparent degradation after 10 years at room temperature

strtman
#14 Posted : 2/9/2019 4:04:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well folks, I thought it is time to give you an update.

This morning it was the right time to test out the quality of the DMT that I keep in a small container in my living room and is under the influence of temperature differences, moisture, light etc. That DMT is now more than three years old. It is to test out the durability when stored in ‘bad’ conditions.

First I filled the bowl with a large amount of 10 x Caapi leaves, not containing any DMT. I smoked this with several tokes in about twenty minutes. After that I waited for half an hour. Then I filled the bowl again, first some 10 x Caapi leaves, then a lot of free base DMT, dark yellow by now, and then on top of it another 10 x Caapi leaves. This bowl I smoked with several hits and I lay down on the couch. I did not weighed any of the Caapi or the DMT. That’s a station I have passed.

After a while I noticed the changa to kick in and it was not possible to get up from the couch. My head weighed heavy as lead. But at the same time I was fully aware that I was tripping, exactly the way I like it. The best you can have to remember the journey. Sub break throughs are so much nicer than break throughs. It was like walking through a long slowly burning fire with yellow flames, creating a mystical atmosphere. After a while the visuals vanished and I had a come down that lasted for more than half an hour.

I thought I share this with you. So even after three years this not so well stored DMT is still mighty powerful. Now that I am writing this post I still feel the Caapi spirit and it was a beautiful start of the day.

Hotspur922
#15 Posted : 2/11/2019 5:14:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for the update 2 years later!

only one question, why do you not weigh your dmt anymore?

just curious

strtman
#16 Posted : 2/12/2019 5:59:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The bong I use is quite large, it has a 35 cm long cylinder. When the changa is scorched and I start to inhale, sometimes the smoke is airy, another time the smoke is ‘normal’ and sometimes the smoke is thick and dense. There are many issues at play. Am I keeping the flame at the right distance? Do I inhale slowly enough? Is my condition ok? Apart from this there is always loss of smoke.

In short, my method is to fill the bowl and use my lungs as a device to let me know if I have taken the right amount. My lungs just ‘feel’ if it is enough or not.

Hotspur922
#17 Posted : 2/13/2019 5:18:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

strtman wrote:
The bong I use is quite large, it has a 35 cm long cylinder. When the changa is scorched and I start to inhale, sometimes the smoke is airy, another time the smoke is ‘normal’ and sometimes the smoke is thick and dense. There are many issues at play. Am I keeping the flame at the right distance? Do I inhale slowly enough? Is my condition ok? Apart from this there is always loss of smoke.

In short, my method is to fill the bowl and use my lungs as a device to let me know if I have taken the right amount. My lungs just ‘feel’ if it is enough or not.

I suggest buying a GVG and you eliminate half the trouble