We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Endurance Training and Microdosing Options

Gila
#1 Posted : 12/24/2016 5:09:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Good day and happy holidays everyone!

I have a question about microdosing. I am an amateur mountain bike endurance racer. My next race is a ten hour excursion in February. I'd like to consider spicing my training routine up a bit but have no experience with microdosing and how to do it safely in the setting of prolonged physical activity.

My only experience with entheogens and mountain biking was quite foolish. I had several hundred milligrams of mescaline on board and though it would be great to commune with nature by going on a ride. About half an hour up a climb, I was having a glorious experience when a loud voice yelled out "you are dying." It broke me out of my current mindset and I had the sense to stop riding and immediately I checked my heart rate. It was over 200/ minute. Luckily I was able rest and slowly walk my self off the mountain.

I'm now much more cautious and have used that experience to learn about caution. I'm a bit hesitant to use enthrogens while working out again, but I've seen many anecdotes that suggest careful microdosing of LSD, Psilocybin and others can lead to breakthroughs in training.

I'd love to see suggestions, stories and anecdotes regarding instituting this into a training regime.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

entheogenic-gnosis
#2 Posted : 12/24/2016 6:00:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not experienced with microdosing, but this idea is interesting, what compound specifically were you thinking of?

Tas Pappas, an Australian professional skateboarder, did some amazing skate-board runs on the half-pipe while on LSD. I remember him saying he felt like "The Vitruvian Man", by Leonardo da Vinci...any way, it has always interested me thinking that these compounds may be able to enhance physical activity, though I have never personally been able to use them that way...

I was also reminded of the below excerpt from TIHKAL:

Quote:
IDIOT, n. A person of either sex who drives a car, motorcycle, or even a bicycle, for that matter, on a public road while under the influence of a psychedelic drug. Most researchers in this area have done it at least once, sometimes in an emergency, but only in a life-and-death situation is it excusable. -TIhkal ; shulgin

I'm not sure if that above excerpt applies here, I was just reminded of it for some reason...well, that, and Albert Hoffman on his bicycle ride home on LSD that first time...

Just be careful And be safe.

-eg

Gila
#3 Posted : 12/24/2016 6:55:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! I'm flexible on choice of entheohen. No worries about biking. I'm strictly training on mountain trails and absolutely will not be on any public roads.

entheogenic-gnosis
#4 Posted : 12/24/2016 8:58:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Gila wrote:
Thanks! I'm flexible on choice of entheohen. No worries about biking. I'm strictly training on mountain trails and absolutely will not be on any public roads.

Yeah, I realized how the TIHKAL reference really did not apply, and I probably should have just left it out all together, I was hoping that maybe you would get a laugh, it's funnier when you read it in the reference section of TIHKAL, but again, I realized it could be taken the wrong way, and that it probably does not fit very well with the post.

http://www.marieclaire.c...r-women-microdosing-lsd/
I think you may find this article to be fairly interesting, it does not involve physical activities, but provides some insight on microdosing.

(I was actually looking for a far better article on the topic, but have yet to find it, so I settled for the one above, which is still pretty good, but if I locate this other article I'll post it)

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 12/27/2016 11:58:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

You may enjoy this article:

"My Year in Productivity While Microdosing: Mushrooms. 2C-B. Focalin. Marijuana. Alcohol. I experimented with them all.
https://www.vice.com/en_...tivity-while-microdosing

I love this type of research.

It's truly in the spirit of Arthur heffter:

Quote:
Earlier, in 1888, the famous Berlin toxicologist Louis Lewin had received dried samples of peyote β€˜buttons’ from the Parke-Davis Pharmaceutical company and had been able to show that an alkaloid was present in the cactus. Heffter obtained samples of this cactus and was able to isolate several pure alkaloids from it and from the related cactus Anhalonium Lewinii. He isolated and characterized the pharmacological properties of the alkaloids anhalonine, pellotine, anhalonidine, lophophorine, and mescaline. In particular, using both animal experiments, and in self-experiments, he showed that mescaline was the alkaloid responsible for the profound psychoactive properties of peyote.
https://heffter.org/about-dr-heffter/

The way I was told the story was that after isolating several compounds from the cactus, he then one by one tested them upon himself until he identified peyote's active principle as mescaline.

Alexander shulgin continued this similar style of science in regard to discovery of active molecules, Which is well documented through PIHKAL/TIHKAL.

Then there are even individuals like Casey hardison:
Quote:
Casey Hardison, a graduate student at the University of Idaho, conducted an informal survey of 2C-T-7 users at the Entheobotany conference in Palenque, Mexico in February 2000. Noticing that quite a few people were conducting bioassays of the material, Hardison seized the opportunity to perform some informal impromptu research. He designed a survey which was handed out to conference attendees, and received 48 responses. The results of this survey were published in the Summer 2000 issue of the MAPS Bulletin under the title "An Amateur Qualitative Study of 48 2C-T-7 Subjective Bioassays."
https://erowid.org/chemi.../article1/hardison.shtml
who conducted independent research which eventually gained attention by and publishing through MAPS.

Any way, it's an interesting article on microdosing. Sorry for all the background regarding others who experiment on themselves, though it is what draws me to this type of research.

-eg

Gila
#6 Posted : 12/27/2016 4:02:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I appreciate the links.

Noisy
#7 Posted : 12/30/2016 4:26:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also have a look on the book "Manifesting mind" (you can find it in MAPS library). On of the chapters, by James Oroc, is about psychedelics and extreme sports. Some of the informations are about endurance (for example in alpinism) and microdosing. Thus said, there is no protocol or dose indications...

Gila
#8 Posted : 12/30/2016 4:43:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I'll certainly check it out.

justB612
#9 Posted : 1/12/2017 12:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Recently I've been exercising cardio with ginkgo biloba, and I must say it worked wonders for my head pressure! Im using exercise with a number of supplements to try out how well they work with each other, altho other activities and substances are also neat like coffee and meditation.

Good luck with finding your best Smile
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.