We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Long time gone, back for some help! (T Bridgesii) (pics included)(UK) Options

thepureskunk
#1 Posted : 12/31/2016 11:35:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

Been a long time since I posted here. Used to be quite active in the DMT dept, but now seeking help with my T Bridgesii.

I've cared for these wonderful cacti for probably over 5 years. They started very small and now have grown to 26". After reading some mescaline reports on erowid I rather fancy giving this a proper go. I have tried Mescaline once but a long time ago and that had been extracted material.

What I'm after ideally is:

A way to consume with the minimum of stomach discomfort. Is there a easy no hassle way to either extract (like i do with my DMT from bark) or I remember reading about a tar? tek. I'm really not into drinking cacti snot! Any links would be most appreciated!

Also I would like to keep my cacti alive so need advice on how to take a cutting/where to cut so that in another 5 years I can do the same!

Lastly would be dosage. I've read that all cacti are different in potency, but a foot per dose is enough?

Any help would be great really. Thought I would throw a thread up as really busy due to new year and also to touch base with the community again.

Much love, TPS Smile

PS I've hopefully added pics.. would be heartbroken if not T Bridgesii but was assured at the time that these are indeed!

PPS IF in wrong section of forum, please move mods Smile
thepureskunk attached the following image(s):
IMG_20161231_111142959_1920x1080.jpg (1,294kb) downloaded 336 time(s).
IMG_20161231_111205227_1920x1080.jpg (1,395kb) downloaded 327 time(s).
IMG_20161231_111213381_1920x1080.jpg (1,120kb) downloaded 329 time(s).
IMG_20161231_111222528_1920x1080.jpg (1,086kb) downloaded 328 time(s).
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

β—‹
#2 Posted : 12/31/2016 12:19:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Awesome to see an old member back Smile

Anyway, here's kashs tek, it's what I've used for several years. kashs a/b mescaline hcl tek

I know some here are adverse to xylene and hydrochloric acid, but honestly, if you're careful and patient when using both chems [both common at the hardware stores ime], then this tek is no issue and actually can produce really nice tan needle mescaline hcl, easy to dry, scrape, cap, done. Dosing mescaline hcl nearly eliminates any stomach discomfort or nausea, and whatever little nausea or whatever is there - it quickly subsides within the first couple hours. Very clean and potent experiences. Twisted Evil

On the wiki page there's the thread link for the tek, so if there's any questions - they're most likely covered in the multi-page thread for kashs tek. Smile

EDIT[forgot seeing your dosage comment]: For me a foot can produce an average experience most of the time (potency of cacti varies considerably though). So personally speaking I'd do 2ft for a most-likely solid experience. Moar mescaline is always better mescaline imo Twisted Evil . The experience is for the most part incredibly forgiving, especially dosage wise - there's a broad range with dosing, so yeah - I'd say go 2ft.

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 12/31/2016 5:08:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't think those are bridgesii. Bridgesii have long spines, and are much smoother looking. These look almost jagged, like the teeth of a saw blade. If anything these are some type of pachanoi, but that's ok. San Pedro also contains mescaline, the amount can just be very inconsistent. Some specimens can have a lot, and some can have nothing. True bridgesii is much more consistent when it comes to alkaloid percentages.

This is a picture of my current bridgesii.
Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
20160919_173521.jpg (3,790kb) downloaded 309 time(s).
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

bezevo
#4 Posted : 1/1/2017 2:24:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi I read your post about your Bridgesii cactus , as some one posted your cactus don't look like a classic Bridgesii.. but that doesn't mean there not an interesting teacher

Wow !they are just beautiful cactus .. unusual ,they almost look like a cross of a Bridgesii and a Pachanoi..

Did you grow them as seeds or buy cuttings ?
where they supposed to be a named cultivator ?

I was going to offer a trade .. but then I saw you were In the UK , our government in the U.S. is very fussy about sending plants ether way . Ha

If you try your cactus please let us know if there potent ?

I have no personal experience eating cactus or doing extracts .

BUT....I do have experience cultivating ..

I can offer advice on how to harvest a section .. for consumption so you can continue growing your plants .

MY SUGESTIONS ...

start with just one of your largest plants .

First before you harvest do not water for 2 to 4 months .

Using a very sharp knife cut 10" or 11" of he tip of the Colum , dust the cut with sulfur.

Set this tip cutting aside to dry/callus over .. you can root and replant this cutting later .. store cutting in cool dark dry place rolled loosely in news paper ends open until it is callused and your ready to replant the tip.

Then cut a 12" section for your consumption .
when you make the bottom cut do it at an angle dust the cut on stump with sulfur . This stump will send out pups . Later you can root the tip cutting .

I suggest you avoid chemistry extractions of just mescaline to start with ,
just use a simple water or alcohol tech so you will get all of the different alkaloids .

Use all of your 12" cutting ,except remove the waxy film from surface .

Now you will have two living plants to continue growing and a 12" center cut piece to try .
let use know how it goes .

thepureskunk
#5 Posted : 1/2/2017 1:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
Awesome to see an old member back Smile

Anyway, here's kashs tek, it's what I've used for several years. kashs a/b mescaline hcl tek

I know some here are adverse to xylene and hydrochloric acid, but honestly, if you're careful and patient when using both chems [both common at the hardware stores ime], then this tek is no issue and actually can produce really nice tan needle mescaline hcl, easy to dry, scrape, cap, done. Dosing mescaline hcl nearly eliminates any stomach discomfort or nausea, and whatever little nausea or whatever is there - it quickly subsides within the first couple hours. Very clean and potent experiences. Twisted Evil

On the wiki page there's the thread link for the tek, so if there's any questions - they're most likely covered in the multi-page thread for kashs tek. Smile

Hey thanks for the welcome! Just so busy IRL that I find it hard to keep in touch with this community. Hopefully 2017 I can make more of a contribution!

EDIT[forgot seeing your dosage comment]: For me a foot can produce an average experience most of the time (potency of cacti varies considerably though). So personally speaking I'd do 2ft for a most-likely solid experience. Moar mescaline is always better mescaline imo Twisted Evil . The experience is for the most part incredibly forgiving, especially dosage wise - there's a broad range with dosing, so yeah - I'd say go 2ft.

Had a look at the Tek you posted and yes it does seem to produce the goods. However I'm in the UK and it would be tough to find the chems needed. Is there any other methods I could use that maybe pull a larger range of alkaloids that don't require such harsh chems and maybe a bit easier to pull off?

Gone-and-Back wrote:
I don't think those are bridgesii. Bridgesii have long spines, and are much smoother looking. These look almost jagged, like the teeth of a saw blade. If anything these are some type of pachanoi, but that's ok. San Pedro also contains mescaline, the amount can just be very inconsistent. Some specimens can have a lot, and some can have nothing. True bridgesii is much more consistent when it comes to alkaloid percentages.

This is a picture of my current bridgesii.

Ohhhh damn! I just had a quick google and some of the pics apparently of T Bridgesii do look like mine *confused*! I wonder if a cacti pro could chime in and help a n00b out??

bezevo wrote:
hi I read your post about your Bridgesii cactus , as some one posted your cactus don't look like a classic Bridgesii.. but that doesn't mean there not an interesting teacher

Wow !they are just beautiful cactus .. unusual ,they almost look like a cross of a Bridgesii and a Pachanoi..

Did you grow them as seeds or buy cuttings ?
where they supposed to be a named cultivator ?

I was going to offer a trade .. but then I saw you were In the UK , our government in the U.S. is very fussy about sending plants ether way . Ha

If you try your cactus please let us know if there potent ?

I have no personal experience eating cactus or doing extracts .

BUT....I do have experience cultivating ..

I can offer advice on how to harvest a section .. for consumption so you can continue growing your plants .

MY SUGESTIONS ...

start with just one of your largest plants .

First before you harvest do not water for 2 to 4 months .

Using a very sharp knife cut 10" or 11" of he tip of the Colum , dust the cut with sulfur.

Set this tip cutting aside to dry/callus over .. you can root and replant this cutting later .. store cutting in cool dark dry place rolled loosely in news paper ends open until it is callused and your ready to replant the tip.

Then cut a 12" section for your consumption .
when you make the bottom cut do it at an angle dust the cut on stump with sulfur . This stump will send out pups . Later you can root the tip cutting .

I suggest you avoid chemistry extractions of just mescaline to start with ,
just use a simple water or alcohol tech so you will get all of the different alkaloids .

Use all of your 12" cutting ,except remove the waxy film from surface .

Now you will have two living plants to continue growing and a 12" center cut piece to try .
let use know how it goes .

Hey man, thanks for the post! Happy new year Smile

These lovely cacti were given to me from a friend who I no longer have contact with, and were labeled T Bridgesii and were apparently acquired from a head shop in the UK called everyonedoesit.com.

I'm not sure what to think as I did a quick google and some of the T Bridgesii pics look like mine. Strange! But saying that the majority do have longer spikes, an example is here: https://goo.gl/images/hTyWVJ

Also thanks for the cutting tips. I will do as you say and experiment on one first. Any links to some suitable Teks I could use to see if they contain anything?

Unfortunately I watered the plants when I took the pics so it may be a while before I can sample. I will however keep this thread updated. But I may try earlier as before this watering it had been probably 8 weeks as it's been winter here.

If anybody else feels like helping out that would be great. I will keep the thread updated as I go along hopefully to my first proper Mescaline trip!

Peace and happy new year! Smile
acolon_5 wrote:

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/3/2017 9:45:56 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I recommend a simple brew - cut the stems into thin slices like cucumber and boil them up (preferably over a wood fire outdoors Big grin ). Where possible, add herbs from your garden if you understand how to use them. Remove the slices after several hours and simmer down to a manageable volume. You may find a scum forms on the surface at times during the process - skim this off, but retain any accompanying liquid. Smudge with good incense throughout the process.

Add lemon balm to calm the stomach, strain and sip slowly while warm, trying your best to pretend it's vegetable soup Confused

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

thepureskunk
#7 Posted : 1/9/2017 5:53:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I recommend a simple brew - cut the stems into thin slices like cucumber and boil them up (preferably over a wood fire outdoors Big grin ). Where possible, add herbs from your garden if you understand how to use them. Remove the slices after several hours and simmer down to a manageable volume. You may find a scum forms on the surface at times during the process - skim this off, but retain any accompanying liquid. Smudge with good incense throughout the process.

Add lemon balm to calm the stomach, strain and sip slowly while warm, trying your best to pretend it's vegetable soup Confused

Thanks for the post man Smile I'm a wimp I'm afraid and I've had one too man Aya brews so really put off by disgusting fluids...

I'm going to be using this tek I think: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...;s_cacti_preparation_tek

Looks simple enough and should gather a range of alkaloids. Will be not watering from now on and will try the tek out in a couple of months.

Of course I will update the thread as I go!

Best wishes all, TPS Smile
acolon_5 wrote:

thepureskunk
#8 Posted : 10/27/2017 3:11:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Guys sadly I haven't had the heart to do the chop. I wanted to starve one of water but could tell it didn't feel right :/

So may be a while yet! I have started starving one of water and will chop around May. Should give the plant to recover over the summer.

Peace
acolon_5 wrote:

urtica
#9 Posted : 10/27/2017 4:23:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just fyi, there are spineless bridgesii & your cacti look about right to me. Of course, IDing a Trichocereus from internet pictures is tricky & the taxonomy is a mess anyways.

A simple tea works really well, 3 15 minute boils each with fresh water, then combine & reduce to a drinkable amount of liquid.

Also, you don't have to starve them if you don't want to, this is to stress them to increase potency but the cactus will still work fine if you skip this step as long as it is potent. You could also increase potency after cutting by putting the cut section in a dark closet for a couple months.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

urtica
#10 Posted : 10/27/2017 4:25:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

O, also if that is a potent bridgesii & you drink two feet of it you might want to make sure you are in a safe place & will not be bothered by anybody.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Wolfnippletip
#11 Posted : 10/27/2017 4:36:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Despine (may be unnecessary for yours), freeze/thaw x 2, remove outer thin shell skin, blender with lemon juice and simmer/low boil for 45 minutes or so, strain through t-shirt, gack it n yack it.

One foot of that is a good introductory buzz. Two feet or more will light you up in all the right ways. Very happy
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

thepureskunk
#12 Posted : 11/1/2017 9:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

urtica wrote:
Just fyi, there are spineless bridgesii & your cacti look about right to me. Of course, IDing a Trichocereus from internet pictures is tricky & the taxonomy is a mess anyways.

A simple tea works really well, 3 15 minute boils each with fresh water, then combine & reduce to a drinkable amount of liquid.

Also, you don't have to starve them if you don't want to, this is to stress them to increase potency but the cactus will still work fine if you skip this step as long as it is potent. You could also increase potency after cutting by putting the cut section in a dark closet for a couple months.

Thanks for the post man Smile Yeah I'm hoping they have mescaline inside as I've been growing them a long time. I think I will still wait till spring until I do a chop of one.

Wolfnippletip wrote:
Despine (may be unnecessary for yours), freeze/thaw x 2, remove outer thin shell skin, blender with lemon juice and simmer/low boil for 45 minutes or so, strain through t-shirt, gack it n yack it.

One foot of that is a good introductory buzz. Two feet or more will light you up in all the right ways. Very happy

2 feet sounds like a solid plan to me. I would rather go over than under Surprised

Thanks for the post Smile

edit-hopefully allowed or I'll edit again but... I was checking cactusplaza.com out after seeing a link here (forgot about that site) are they good value to add to my collection?
acolon_5 wrote:

Wakinyan
#13 Posted : 12/12/2017 12:03:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thepureskunk wrote:
urtica wrote:

Thanks for the post man Smile Yeah I'm hoping they have mescaline inside as I've been growing them a long time. I think I will still wait till spring until I do a chop of one.

Wolfnippletip wrote:

2 feet sounds like a solid plan to me. I would rather go over than under Surprised

Thanks for the post Smile

edit-hopefully allowed or I'll edit again but... I was checking cactusplaza.com out after seeing a link here (forgot about that site) are they good value to add to my collection?

Saw your post about rather going over than under and thought I might add a late word of caution... These cacti can take you to another world completely with too much. 8 hours in a different world may be more than some could handle. Regardless of your past experience, I would say that it is easier to have more prepared than you might need and take more later on if you feel the need. The bottom line is you don't have to take your medicine all at once. It is perfectly acceptable to take some at 18:00 and more at 21:00 if your not feeling any effects.
When I graft you graft we graft

Jagube
#14 Posted : 12/12/2017 9:24:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're in a milder part of the UK, you can grow them outside in the ground.

Instead of cooking, you can eat it raw. It works great for me and many people work that way.

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 12/12/2017 2:05:19 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

thepureskunk - I don't know if you've cut yet but just remember, when you do, you can cut the tip off and graft it back onto the base. It's really very simple! Just use be sure to use a razor sharp knife, sterilized with isopropanol before and between cuts.

For me this is a way round the harvesting anxiety Wink

There are various grafting guides to be found with a brief search but if you've any further questions we'll be only too happy to point you in the right direction.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

jbark
#16 Posted : 12/12/2017 2:26:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made a tea (several brews over several years) and I know you want to extract to avoid stomach issues. This thread won't answer your question, but may help get you over your fear of harvesting:

HARVEST DAY

I cut them to the hilt and then let them pup. I would encourage this, given the potency varies TREMENDUSLY from cactus to cactus. If you have enough tea/resin/extract, you can test a small amount for potency to determine a proper dose. I did this several times with very small harvests, and ends up determining that a 'dose' was far more material than I had left after 2 test batches...

Hence - chop chop! Get it all so you can assure dosage, then have the joy of watching them pup and grow back (often several pups per 'stump'.

Keep us posted.

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

thepureskunk
#17 Posted : 1/3/2022 12:08:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yo guys happy new year!!

Damn I am an infrequent poster lol. The cacti are still alive and bigger than ever!

So the past years I have been on medication that would mess with tripping. I am now clean of those and once again thinking of travelling again.

My plans:

To take 12 inch top off one cactus and try to use it as a cutting,

Cut 4 inch above base of cactus and hope it grows new pups.

Keep one cactus as is just in case this all goes wrong.

To do the Tar Tec that I remember reading about a long time ago. To go with 12 inch per dose.

To order powdered MHRB and make some DMT Cool

Once again much love and some new pics will be posted soon!

Take care and stay safe Smile
acolon_5 wrote:

thepureskunk
#18 Posted : 1/26/2022 6:49:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all.

I’m planning on a chop chop soon but still would rather do an extraction..

Anybody here recommend a uk friendly one? Or just do a boil down and do the tar tek?

Thanks for reading <3
acolon_5 wrote:

Grey Fox
#19 Posted : 1/27/2022 4:28:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey PureSkunk! Cool thread. Its fun to read through and hear discussion from years ago. Beautiful cactus you have there! I think its awesome that you've been growing them for years.

I hope you can find some answers to your questions about extractions and resin. I always just brew the tea. Its easy and effective. And you can reduce it down to just a few ounces to drink. But I understand you wanting to avoid the bad taste. The taste is pretty bad.

Anyway all the best with finding a method that works for you. Please let us know how it all turns out!
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 1/28/2022 2:12:06 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Tea is great, apart from the taste. The taste is awful, but mescaline is God's way of saying sorry Smile

If you get the chance, chop as soon as you can then leave the cutting in a dark place, not too warm, for three months. This helps with the potency. This was mentioned above but it's worth being reminded of!

Finding solvents other than white spirit (which is a medium naphtha) in the UK is a pain but not completely impossible. Not too long ago I found some little bottles of DCM in small town hardware store. DCM can be stretched with naphtha and should still pull mescaline.