We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How To(edit: not) Ruin Your Changa (A Cautionary N00bz Tail, about jumping to conclusions) Options

CouchLove
#1 Posted : 1/8/2017 9:21:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

EDIT!

I sampled the batch again, fearing it would be alien and terrible, and all ruined (like my high self must have been assuming when he wrote this post)

It was beautiful. Holy fuck.

It isn't ruined at all. I am just a noob, and wrote this right after a bad experience, thinking it were all ruined, because it was the first sampling off the batch.

This post should be a cautionary tale, on why you shouldn't leap to conclusions, based off of one negative experience.

Holy fuck I feel dumb, but I am so happy that it isn't all ruined.

The lesson to be learned here: DON'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS.

Thanks for sticking this one out, and for all the advice...

I love all of you

~~~~~~~~~~

So I did something that I am not proud of, and brings me great sadness -- a ruined a whole massive batch of Changa. How did I do this you ask? Well, let me tell you, in a brief, cautionary tale, so that a fellow noob like myself wont repeat.

There I was, with a whole mess of spice that the worms of Arakis had just left me. I was so excited to have so much of it at my disposal; all of my hard work had paid off, and I was rolling in the melange. Then I did something utterly stupid...

I mixed all this lovely spice, with a harmala FB which I hadn't properly tested, and came from a new source. The results of this were nauseating.

The blend looked beautiful -- colors everywhere, leafy green, blue, and red bits of wonder through out the mixture. I added about 300 mg of this untested harmala to three grams of herbs, and a gram of spice (I made 2.5 batches, so I am kicking myself so hard). I loaded my bowl, and finished it. The visuals were slow, and a little bit distant. Unformed almost. This has happened with previous batches, and to get past this, I usually have to smoke a second bowl. So I do that.

Immediately, I start to feel as if something is off as I am inhaling. I am getting a weird anxiety that I had not gotten since I was younger -- a type of psychedelic uncertainty that I associated with my younger self, getting into muddy waters of the mind. I closed my eyes to let it sink in.

I was greeted with the most ugly, mean looking, slowed down, putrid green, jagged lumps of oppressive geometry. They were cold, unfeeling, scary looking, like decomposing flesh, mixed with streaks of black and gray. I wasn't scared, but felt a slight repulsion, trying to figure out what went wrong. I sat there for a solid ten minutes, watching these shapes move about slowly, in a sickly fashion. When I opened my eyes, I could still see my room shifting around, but I was greeted by a sobering frustration with myself for potentially ruining my Changa.

Then, I waited a little while, and smoked third bowl for good measure. This time it was just darkness. Pulsing, undulating, brown and black swabs of oil in my eyelids. Immediately I opened my eyes, and was greeted with an even stronger feeling of angered sobriety, despite everything glooping about in my vision...

It is all ruined.

So what do I do???? I take to the forums, to share this cautionary tale.

Don't be like me kids (adults). Learn from my mistakes.

Small test batches, before you go big, especially with new sources of harmala...

I am going to to try it again in the morning, to see if it is any different.

Thanks for reading.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

CouchLove
#2 Posted : 1/8/2017 9:24:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And just so you can see how pretty/promising it looked...Such a shame Sad
CouchLove attached the following image(s):
blue lotus ch.jpg (4,769kb) downloaded 305 time(s).

Spaced Out 2
#3 Posted : 1/8/2017 10:19:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks yummy, hopefully second try yields better results!

Extracting harmalas is not hard to do, maybe consider doing that next time as well so you know exactly what you're getting Wink

I've had images like that on my changa before so hopefully it was a fluke Thumbs up

Peace

CouchLove
#4 Posted : 1/8/2017 10:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
Looks yummy, hopefully second try yields better results!

Extracting harmalas is not hard to do, maybe consider doing that next time as well so you know exactly what you're getting Wink

I've had images like that on my changa before so hopefully it was a fluke Thumbs up

Peace

Thanks! Me too -- I hope it is different the next time. We will see.

Certainly going to look into extracting my own next time, but I am going to tap another source which had much cleaner harmalas, that yielded a really magical blend.

Really hope it was a fluke, and that I can get some good experiences from it. It was just so odd, and sickly looking. I have never seen anything like that before...The darker visuals yeah, but not the others.

โ—‹
#5 Posted : 1/8/2017 12:58:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

First off, beautiful looking blend. Smile

Second, 300mg harmalas to 3g herbs to 1g spice. While that sounds nice for easy leisurely smoalking, those are relatively weak ratios, which being in those amounts - could've lent to too much in-between-ness, too much second guessing or reaction, as your post points out.

A really effective ratio for a quick but slightly gentler immersion [without having to smoalk a couple bowls] would be a 1:1 ratio of DMT to herbs, then using roughly 250-300mg harmalas per each 1g of DMT freebase used.

These ratios barely alter the experience of DMT itself, though the harmalas do 'just enough' to allow that initial time window of build up [allowing the tryptamines to effectively build and saturate within the brain]. Brutally effective and powerful, and supremely beautiful. Smile

_Arcane_
#6 Posted : 1/8/2017 3:37:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt has given great advice, and I think your leaf blend looks fantastic, can you remember what you put in and what ratios?

If you follow tatt's advice it will definitely perk your changa up a bit, and I suspect for a mellow smoke your changa may not quite be ruined as Spaced Out 2 mentioned earlier, it could just be that particular smoke didn't go where you want it, my brother once smoked one of my blends which was 2:2:1 of dmt, leaf and rue harmalas and said all he got was "mostly grey" but he did say it was the most interesting grey he ever saw.

I guess try another smoke after a week off it and see if it is better next time.
LamVamRamYamHamKshamOm

CouchLove
#7 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:02:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
First off, beautiful looking blend. Smile

Second, 300mg harmalas to 3g herbs to 1g spice. While that sounds nice for easy leisurely smoalking, those are relatively weak ratios, which being in those amounts - could've lent to too much in-between-ness, too much second guessing or reaction, as your post points out.

A really effective ratio for a quick but slightly gentler immersion [without having to smoalk a couple bowls] would be a 1:1 ratio of DMT to herbs, then using roughly 250-300mg harmalas per each 1g of DMT freebase used.

Thanks! It looks super pretty. Very happy with the presentation Smile

So while it isn't the strongest ratio, I have it dialed in, so one full bowl in my dedicated changa bubbler contains roughly 50mg of spice. I based it off of a few prior batches, with roughly the same ratios of spice to herb. The last batch, a single bowl would be able to get me to a very nice space, but it contained hardly any harmala -- just a caapi leaf concentration (10:1), and then an extra 100mg of fb harmala.

The batch before that was 250mg harmala (from a different source), and that too would be able to get me where I wanted to go. However, sometimes a full bowl wouldn't get me where I wanted to be, and a second was necessary. Which is odd, because the dosages were on the money, but the second would always be spectacular, as if all the other spice was just waiting for the second bowl -- even if I had smoked a full dose before

This batch followed the same sort of trajectory -- first bowl, packed to the brim (~50mg dose) -- very light, very slow. Second, packed to the brim, and it yielded a pretty strong, but ugly experience. Felt dirty, as if what ever was interacting with the spice was holding onto a weird, dirty energy.

Really just a weird experience. Maybe it will be different with the rest of it...I mean, I have like 50 more hits of it, so I suppose I will have to smoke it.

For all I know, the next time could yield a nicer experience, but if they are all like last nights, I wont touch it.

Thanks for the input! I am certainly going to try to make the next batches stronger. Less herb for sure, but a 1:1 blend just doesn't seem like enough plant volume to handle easily. Perhaps I will go to a 2:1 ratio Smile

CouchLove
#8 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:10:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

_Arcane_ wrote:
tatt has given great advice, and I think your leaf blend looks fantastic, can you remember what you put in and what ratios?

I guess try another smoke after a week off it and see if it is better next time.

A week off? What is this "week off" you are talking about?? I don't know what you mean haha... Yeah, maybe I will take a week off if I don't get more pleasant results later today.

Here is the recipe:

1 gram spice
1 gram blue lotus
1 gram dagga flower ( put through a weed grinder to fluff it up, and make it more manageable)
1 gram caapi leaf
333 mg of gross rue harmala fb (which I suspect was tainted/conspired against by dark forces Pleased )

The blue lotus and dagga make is smoke so nice, but the rue fouled up the taste a little this time. The last batch I made was so smooth. I had people telling me they couldn't even taste the spice, and it would get them to break through.....though, lots of smoke though, due to the heavy amount of herbs

ducdevil
#9 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:15:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful bouquet of changa!

it goes without saying, of course, that experiences vary wildly.

i've had markedly different trips with the same dose of the same batch of spice. bright, colorful, whilrling patterns leading into the lovely land of alien perspective..

and then, unexpectedly, a darker tone might present itself on a different occasion - more introspective - almost brooding - approaching uncomfortable, nearing the edge of unpleasant.

set and setting: most important components, i believe.

don't toss the batch or give up on it. meditate. set intention. don't embark on a full stomach or when you aren't feeling well.

blessings

CouchLove
#10 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow...

I sampled the batch again, fearing it would be alien and terrible, and all ruined (like my high self must have been assuming when he wrote this post)

It was beautiful. Holy fuck.

It isn't ruined at all. I am just a noob, and wrote this right after a bad experience, thinking it were all ruined.

This post should be a cautionary tale, on why you shouldn't leap to conclusions, based off of one experience.

Holy fuck I feel dumb, but I am so happy that it isn't all ruined.

Thanks for sticking this one out, and for all the advice...

I love all of you

ducdevil
#11 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:49:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

as i said...(read my last post)
glad you found your way back.
welcome to the most powerful, beautiful and intelligent gateway to the highest, deepest realms of consciousness...

CouchLove
#12 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:52:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
as i said...(read my last post)
glad you found your way back.
welcome to the most powerful, beautiful and intelligent gateway to the highest, deepest realms of consciousness...

Haha, yeah, I just saw that after I posted the edit.

Right on the money my friend.

My experience with smoking this stuff is fairly limited. This is suppose was my first negative reaction, where for what ever reason, I was bared, and shown some ugly shit.

It was the first time I tested the this batch, so I was fearing the worst.

ducdevil
#13 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:56:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"It was the first time I tested the this batch, so I was fearing the worst"

and now you know how greatly our thinking (and subconscious) affect the experience.

don't feel dumb; you learned a lot.

enter with respect; not fear. we all have pre-flight jitters.

i get sweaty palms each time still, yet always glad i took the step forward afterwards.

CouchLove
#14 Posted : 1/8/2017 8:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ducdevil wrote:
"It was the first time I tested the this batch, so I was fearing the worst"

and now you know how greatly our thinking (and subconscious) affect the experience.

don't feel dumb; you learned a lot.

enter with respect; not fear. we all have pre-flight jitters.

i get sweaty palms each time still, yet always glad i took the step forward afterwards.

I mean, I was fearing the worst after I had smoked it, that it was all ruined.

Certainly though, what I took in there was the reason. I had been talking a lot of of prior experiences, and sort of letting things feed into my ego. I was reminded of that for sure, which makes more sense on why it wasn't that pleasant. At the moment, I was thinking it was more external. There was an instance where all of my conversations on it were brought up to the surface, and there was a bit of a disapproving tone.

I have pre flight hesitation, where I know I want to go in, but I am hesitant to do it, and put it off...Certainly go in with respect, and ask my guides for guidance.

A learning experience for sure though... Learned that I can make the changa really well for my smoking devices, but still don't have much experience in the spaces of smoked DMT