We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
tekkie Options

Feoom
#1 Posted : 1/7/2017 3:08:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

edit.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Running Bear
#2 Posted : 1/7/2017 6:39:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're getting way to technical about this. The question has been answered a million times on the nexus and there are much better videos out there than that. It literally took me 10 seconds to find a dmt re-x video haha. I would use heptane or even naphtha. 1. If I was you I would put 50cc of naphtha in something like a shot glass with a gram of dmt. 2. Use something like a crock pot to heat the naphtha. 3.Stir and let your DMT completely dissolve and at this point you should see a lot of the impurities sink to the bottom. 4.Cover shot glass and put it in the freezer for 30 min. 5.Pull out of the freezer when the naphtha is milky white and right before the crystals start to form on the glass. 5. Use something like a turkey baster to siphon out the milky naphtha with out touching any of the nasty stuff on the bottom. 6. Put milky naphtha on dish for freeze precipitation. You may want to use something thicker than a shot glass because they can only take so much heat. This should be a good method for your first re-x. Good luck Smile ....

Feoom
#3 Posted : 1/7/2017 7:43:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

edit

pitubo
#4 Posted : 1/7/2017 7:48:17 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Running Bear wrote:
2. Use something like a crock pot to heat the naphtha.

That's very bad advice. Do not heat naphtha directly. Always use a pre-prepared hot water bath to heat flammable volatile solvents!

Also, a little more formatting might make your contributions easier to read and digest.

Running Bear
#5 Posted : 1/7/2017 7:50:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Doesn't remove yellowing? That's not true at all.

Running Bear
#6 Posted : 1/7/2017 7:52:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

O pitubo I was waiting for that. why do I even bother to help people.

Feoom
#7 Posted : 1/7/2017 7:58:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Running Bear wrote:
Doesn't remove yellowing? That's not true at all.

No it doesn't. It removes the goo (really dark yellow color), Thats the goo you are talking about in the bottom. But it doesn't remove the color completely.

You will never get a transparant crystal from just a Re-X method you described (starting with yellow freebase DMT). There are more factors that come into play or you need to Re-X like 2/3 times before you can reach it. But that takes more then a week to achieve.

If i can find a way to make the re-x tek possible you can re-x 5-6 times a day. Just to give you a idea how much faster it really is.

But thank you for your answers!

pitubo
#8 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:04:29 PM

Feoom wrote:
I know there are a lot of threads about re-x, and most of them i have seen and researched. So i guess my question isn't being answered. Freeze precipitation doesn't give you the crystals SWIM is looking for, it doesn't remove yellowing and it takes a few days that is because crystals form the best while slow decreasing the temperature. Thats why evaporating is "best" for growing crystals.

1. If you had done so much research, then when are you still SWIM'ming? It's a deprecated style here.
2. Careful recrystallization can remove some of the yellow, and most of the yellow by repeated recrystallization. It is a bit of an art form that needs much practice to achieve some degree of perfection.
3. Full evaporation leaves behind not only crystals of dmt, but also all of the nonvolatile impurities. So it would not be the best way to go. Partial evaporation takes time, so by that virtue it often gives good results, because of the slow crystalliaztion.
4. Did you consider another A/B (often called a "mini A/B" )? That seems to me the fastest and surest path toward white spice.

Feoom wrote:
But with the tek i am researching it takes only a few hours to get purified crystals if the solvents allow it.

How do you know so certainly that it will actually work out the way you say it will? Did you do any experiments before posting your questions? Watching youtube videos does not qualify as an actual experiment.

Feoom wrote:
SWIM is not interested in your tek, since SWIM know how that works. SWIM is just looking for more "better" options that suits him.

But does "SWIM" know how it works for someone who is skilled in the art?

Feoom wrote:
Maybe my question is for the "Advanced Chemistry" section. But i am not allowed to post their yet.

If your question is suited to the "Advanced Chemistry" section, it might be replaced there by a forum moderator. But I doubt that this question is.

pitubo
#9 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:10:43 PM

Running Bear wrote:

Telling people to heat naphtha in a crock pot is not helping people. Please read this and particularly this again. And in the future please refrain from the ad hominems.

Running Bear
#10 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:15:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

Telling people to heat naphtha in a crock pot is not helping people. Please read this and particularly this again. And in the future please refrain from the ad hominems.

You'll be a moderator in no time..

Feoom
#11 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:16:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

edit

pitubo
#12 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:33:26 PM

Feoom wrote:
pitubo wrote:
1. If you had done so much research, then when are you still SWIM'ming? It's a deprecated style here.

Is that really a relevant question? Are you suggesting by this i have not done my research? Seems to me like a short turn to judge.

It did raise some doubts with me, enough to warrant mentioning it. Plus, most of the references that you gave were youtube videos and none referenced the multitude of topics on this forum. To be honest, I am still not convinced that your ideas are thoroughly researched, though neither can I state with full conviction that they are not.

Feoom wrote:
Quote:
How do you know so certainly that it will actually work out the way you say it will? Did you do any experiments before posting your questions? Watching youtube videos does not qualify as an actual experiment.

No, i havent experimented yet. Thats why i am asking my question for researching and help from people who have tried it. So i can't be for sure. Thats why i am saying. 'if' this works it would be great for the whole re-x proces. At least that is what i think.

Don't feel too harshly judged by my criticisms. Take it as an encouragement to do more work and further refine your ideas and proposals. Maybe it will some day lead to an interesting new development.

For now, I can report you that my attempts to use evaporating ethanol as a recrystallization solvent did not lead to crystals, just goo.

pitubo
#13 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:37:22 PM

Running Bear wrote:

I don't need to be a moderator to point out your disregarding of the rules of the forum. If the whole responsibility to flag breaches of the rules lies with the moderators, then the forum would quickly lose both quality and moderators.

And it is not petty confrontational behavior to speak out when unsafe practices are being promoted. Your response on the other hand...

Feoom
#14 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:42:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

edit

Running Bear
#15 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:44:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

pitubo wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

I don't need to be a moderator to point out your disregarding of the rules of the forum. If the whole responsibility to flag breaches of the rules lies with the moderators, then the forum would quickly lose both quality and moderators.

And it is not petty confrontational behavior to speak out when unsafe practices are being promoted. Your response on the other hand...

It's not what you said, it's the way you said it.

Diazin
#16 Posted : 1/7/2017 8:53:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Does dmt even freeze-precipitate from ethanol at home-freezer temp? I dont think so as dmt is very soluble in ethanol.

BUT, you could perhaps try this:

1 - Saturate filtered or distilled water with sodium chloride then filter it again to remove any salt excess

2 - Add some very little amount of ethanol to your spice, only enough to make it more pasty

3 - Add saline water to the pasty spice, add alot of water, some 300ml or so for every 1ml of ethanol, and put it to freeze-precipitate

My guess is that as ethanol becomes more polar, its non-polar characteristics will be diminished, making the dmt to precipitate at lower temp. I dont know if this is true though that by increasing ethanol polarity its non-polar aspect will decrease. I did a quick search but couldnt find anything... someone with better knowledge than me might answer this

Feoom
#17 Posted : 1/7/2017 9:08:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

edit

Diazin
#18 Posted : 1/7/2017 9:34:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I mis-read your op, thought you wanted to an alternative for freeze-precip.

In this case, as pitubo said, ethanol will leave the spice gooey and still yellish when evaporated. Ethanol is also a polar molecule and will still hold some gunks.

Feoom
#19 Posted : 1/7/2017 9:38:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Diazin wrote:
Sorry, I mis-read your op, thought you wanted to an alternative for freeze-precip.

In this case, as pitubo said, ethanol will leave the spice gooey and still yellish when evaporated.

The tek doesn't require freeze participation or evaporation. But thanks for the information though!

pitubo
#20 Posted : 1/7/2017 9:42:30 PM

Running Bear wrote:
pitubo wrote:
Running Bear wrote:

It's not what you said, it's the way you said it.

Okay, let's go back to my actual posting that caused you react like you did:

pitubo wrote:
Running Bear wrote:
2. Use something like a crock pot to heat the naphtha.

That's very bad advice. Do not heat naphtha directly. Always use a pre-prepared hot water bath to heat flammable volatile solvents!

Also, a little more formatting might make your contributions easier to read and digest.

AFAICS its all constructive criticism and none is worded particularly awkwardly.

I could have added wry remarks about actually reading the posting you're responding to or even trying to understand what is being proposed. I didn't, because at that time it would not have added much to the thread. But now that you have partially derailed this thread into ad hominems, I do see a place to mention it anyway.

123NEXT