We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
The Acacia Analysis Thread Options

DreaMTripper
#81 Posted : 1/13/2016 8:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes to all 3

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

eastlancsguy
#82 Posted : 1/24/2016 10:19:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

Here are the results on an extraction from a species of Acacia that we believe was Acacia Mangium.

Unfortunately my friend (who carried out the extraction and also the TLC testing) was unable to find evidence of DMT within the extracted substance.

Acacia Mangium Extraction TLC Results

A setback for us, but some knowledge for the community. It's all good :-)

ELG

acacian
#83 Posted : 1/31/2016 12:50:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the info Smile .. been curious about mangium for a while. did you guys only do the one test? multiple tests at different times of year will be needed to rule it out..

fanta2y
#84 Posted : 12/31/2016 2:31:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What about Acacia Acuminata seeds, do they contain any alkaloids?

wira
#85 Posted : 3/12/2017 1:59:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I may have missed a post on this, but earlier there was mention by nen of the possibility that the harmine observed in a couple of samples might have been an artefact of the extended acidic heating during extraction. It was asked if anyone knew whether that was likely or possible, but didn't notice a response to that. So, does anyone know? I am no chemist, that's for sure!

endlessness
#86 Posted : 6/20/2018 11:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Added 2 more results to original post, two Acacia simplex extractions with amazing yields and clean alkaloid profile.

pastanostra
#87 Posted : 6/20/2018 11:53:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Endlessness for your publication Smile
Around the internet, this is the more recent analysis of this tree, last one was in 1974 by poupat ... I'm still dubitative concerning the compound. The old study claims for more compounds (formymethyl tryptamine, b-carboline).
To add a bit of information, the lower trunk bark has been "washed" by separating outer trunk bark (sun/air exposed) and inner trunk bark (inside part, near the trunk) before extracting. Only the inner bark has been used for extraction. Maybe it could affect yield and compounds/yield.
The old study claim to have harvested bark in May, us was in October (before dry season / after dry season), and just after the peak of a full moon...
I have bark in the freezer from another tree, that have been harvested in february, no extractions have been conducted on atm.
Our further way for research is too :

- wait for a full moon on a wednesday near october
- harvest bark on the same tree at sunrise
- dry it
- conduct extraction on a wednesday at sunrise

Why wednesday ? Because we believe in that acacia trees are under influence of the Mercury planet, so the days for acting on is wednesday. We may see if theses factor can act on our actions. In spagyrie medicine, this is crucial to enhance the quintessence of our final elixir Smile
Thank you, once again, for time you take, for your implication and the work you do for us.

Cheers

grollum
#88 Posted : 6/21/2018 10:41:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

since simplex is also a quite fast grower this high yield is amazing!
I am curious to know if leaves could yield a similar profile and amount. Thanks!

chocobeastie
#89 Posted : 10/6/2019 12:58:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A friend tested Vachellia drepanolobium or Acacia drepanolobium, harvested bark from Tanzania, and found no traces of DMT.

ObserverofJah
#90 Posted : 6/27/2022 5:28:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Very curious about any further analysis begin done here. This aligns with my reading of Steiner/Biodynamics.

pastanostra wrote:
Thank you Endlessness for your publication Smile
Around the internet, this is the more recent analysis of this tree, last one was in 1974 by poupat ... I'm still dubitative concerning the compound. The old study claims for more compounds (formymethyl tryptamine, b-carboline).
To add a bit of information, the lower trunk bark has been "washed" by separating outer trunk bark (sun/air exposed) and inner trunk bark (inside part, near the trunk) before extracting. Only the inner bark has been used for extraction. Maybe it could affect yield and compounds/yield.
The old study claim to have harvested bark in May, us was in October (before dry season / after dry season), and just after the peak of a full moon...
I have bark in the freezer from another tree, that have been harvested in february, no extractions have been conducted on atm.
Our further way for research is too :

- wait for a full moon on a wednesday near october
- harvest bark on the same tree at sunrise
- dry it
- conduct extraction on a wednesday at sunrise

Why wednesday ? Because we believe in that acacia trees are under influence of the Mercury planet, so the days for acting on is wednesday. We may see if theses factor can act on our actions. In spagyrie medicine, this is crucial to enhance the quintessence of our final elixir Smile
Thank you, once again, for time you take, for your implication and the work you do for us.

Cheers

endlessness
#91 Posted : 1/19/2023 10:36:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many new analysis results have been added to the first post. Some novel things, like for example the first time alkaloids have been identified from invasive species Acacia dealbata.

This was all done in collaboration with Kykeon Analytics. Many more to come in the future! Please let me know if you have any Acacia samples you want tested!

nen888
#92 Posted : 2/20/2023 11:22:38 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..the latest round of tests are really interesting...very good work endlessness, thank you for continuing to bring acacia knowledge into the future!

i'd like to comment in detail when i get some time, for now i'd say some of the significant or take-home points are:

- the finding of Bufotenine as the principle alkaloid in Acacia dealbata is a real scientific first and very significant..bufotenine has been found only very occasionally (mostly unpublished) in acacias in usually traces along with various other alkaloids, but never as the sole or principal alkaloid..even though this is a low percentage in this single example, given individual and type variation, and just how widespread worldwide this Australian species is, makes it of real interest for future research...

- Acacia retinodes UK ...this is at least the second (i think third, i'll re-check) finding of DMT (and other alkaloids) in this Australian species when grown outside Australia (the others being in Germany)...this species fits into my 'interesting' category which i'll talk about more in a future post

- Acacia maidenii UK...this is a second, and therefore important confirmation of DMT outside of it's native NSW/Qld...the other case being the USA

- Acacia acuminata narrow leaf Brazil ...i tell you, that would be a really interesting experience (see Entheogenic Effects of NMT Pleased )

- Acacia confusa Stem...this finally updates the previously inadequate 'textbook' so to speak of this species...people who use and really resonate with this tree are i think gaining a lot from the additional N-methyltryptamine...though i note there's been some recently discovered previously unknown indoles in the species which i'll post on when i get a chance..

my one query is with the "percentage of extract" figures in a few of them...i can imagine some crude extracts having additional things in there, but a clean A/B of an acacia should be at least 90-95% alkaloids...(?)

keep it rolling endlessness and the Nexus!

endlessness
#93 Posted : 2/20/2023 5:07:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888, thanks for being here again, first of all Smile

Also, regarding the percentage of alkaloids in some of the extracts, notice those were very young trees from someone who harvested a small amount from trees they were growing just to test, just a couple of years old, so I´m sure this would be very different with mature trees.

Quetzal7
#94 Posted : 10/8/2023 6:59:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiya
looking for advices here

a previous of A.dealbata rootbark show some bufotenine
I want to confirm that result and get more quantitative data

I collected some rootbark & bark of A.Dealbata and will perform an extraction to send for analysis

Question : which TEK would you use to get the Bufotenine & any other alkaloid (dmt or so... ) present?
We want to be rather full spectrum, we don't need to end with a crystal clean product (on the opposite, i guess it's better to be full spectrum)

I was thinking to use a Lime-TEK with Ethyl acetate, but i never sow a tek using EA for acacias... there's maybe a reason ?
Last time i used a A/B with Limonene, but now i see bufo is not supposed to dissolve in Limonene so...

Quote:
Freebase Bufotenine Solubility
Acetone @ 20 C: soluble (5 g/100 ml)
Chloroform @ 20 C: soluble
Dichloromethane @ 20 C: soluble
Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) @ 20 C: soluble (6 g/100 ml)
D-Limonene (Orange Oil) @ 20 C: insoluble
D-Limonene (Orange Oil) @ 176 C: soluble (more than 1.7 g/100 ml)
Ethanol @ 20 C: soluble
Ether @ 20 C: soluble
Ethyl acetate @ 20 C: soluble
Heptane @ 20 C: insoluble
Heptane with 40% MEK @ 20 C: soluble (0.53 g/100 ml)
Heptane with 50% MEK @ 20 C: soluble (1.22 g/100 ml)
IPA @ 20 C: soluble
MEK @ 20 C: soluble
Methanol @ 20 C: soluble
Naphtha @ 20 C: insoluble
Water @ 20 C: nearly insoluble in pure water (no acid or alkali added)
Xylene @ 20 C: nearly insoluble (less than 0.03 g/100 ml)
Xylene @ 144 C: soluble (1.5 g/100 ml)

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=93378

Loveall
#95 Posted : 10/11/2023 1:55:40 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Quetzal7 wrote:
Hiya
looking for advices here

a previous of A.dealbata rootbark show some bufotenine
I want to confirm that result and get more quantitative data

I collected some rootbark & bark of A.Dealbata and will perform an extraction to send for analysis

Question : which TEK would you use to get the Bufotenine & any other alkaloid (dmt or so... ) present?
We want to be rather full spectrum, we don't need to end with a crystal clean product (on the opposite, i guess it's better to be full spectrum)

I was thinking to use a Lime-TEK with Ethyl acetate, but i never sow a tek using EA for acacias... there's maybe a reason ?
Last time i used a A/B with Limonene, but now i see bufo is not supposed to dissolve in Limonene so...

Quote:
Freebase Bufotenine Solubility
Acetone @ 20 C: soluble (5 g/100 ml)
Chloroform @ 20 C: soluble
Dichloromethane @ 20 C: soluble
Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) @ 20 C: soluble (6 g/100 ml)
D-Limonene (Orange Oil) @ 20 C: insoluble
D-Limonene (Orange Oil) @ 176 C: soluble (more than 1.7 g/100 ml)
Ethanol @ 20 C: soluble
Ether @ 20 C: soluble
Ethyl acetate @ 20 C: soluble
Heptane @ 20 C: insoluble
Heptane with 40% MEK @ 20 C: soluble (0.53 g/100 ml)
Heptane with 50% MEK @ 20 C: soluble (1.22 g/100 ml)
IPA @ 20 C: soluble
MEK @ 20 C: soluble
Methanol @ 20 C: soluble
Naphtha @ 20 C: insoluble
Water @ 20 C: nearly insoluble in pure water (no acid or alkali added)
Xylene @ 20 C: nearly insoluble (less than 0.03 g/100 ml)
Xylene @ 144 C: soluble (1.5 g/100 ml)

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=93378

You could try a lime tek with EA, such as HIELO.

Once you have the extracted EA, salting could be interesting. Benzoic acid may only precipitate bufotenine? Citric will precupitate DMT. Sorry I can't remember right now if dmt benzoate precipitates from EA - perhaps the info is in the forum. You can also do a mini A/B on anything that crashes from EA with naphtha to separate bufotenine and dmt.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

«PREV345