We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Potentiating lucid dreams Options

travsha
#81 Posted : 9/2/2015 5:03:08 PM

Share Love ~

I started working with datura a little over a year ago.... Spent a year meditating with it before I ever ingested it, then started ingesting just the smallest amounts about 6 weeks ago. Mostly I use a soap made with datura infused oil - wash your hands with it and a tiny bit of the soap absorbs through your hands for a mild effect (absorbing through the skin is safer then eating because atropine doesnt absorb well through skin).

It has completely opened up my dreams even with the very mild doses I have used so far. Started at the very first time I used the soap. I used to rarely have dreams I remembered but now I remember my dreams almost every single night and I often have dreams that continue after I wake up - I will open my eyes in bed and still see the dream and experience the dream while I lie awake in bed for an hour. During this awake dream state I can easily control the dream and experience it totally lucid.

Datura can be very dangerous though and I think she chooses who she wants to work with - not the other way around. This plant can kill you so dont just go experimenting without research and a lot of careful thought. I specifically felt called to this plant through numerous visions so I slowly worked my way into getting to know her. It's a long slow road if you want to be safe and careful, but she opens up doors that will stay open.

For the first year all I did was meditate under toe' trees in Peru, grow datura at home, sleep with toe' or datura leaves under my pillow at night, and carry a single dried flower in my mesa altar. Had plenty of strong experiences with just these methods. After a year I got this soap made from a friend and also bought a rape' snuff that has toe' in it (rape' is a snuff made mostly with mapacho/tobacco, but this recipe also has toe'Pleased, and I also tried smoking the leaves. Absorbing through the skin and smoking are the safest ways of ingestion from what I have read. Soon I plan on drinking tea from a single stem off of a leaf and working up slowly from that method as well....

Again - dont try working with this plant unless you have researched it and are familiar with the dangers. This plant can kill you.

Some people say datura is dark or sinister, and others say it is the most powerful of the healing plants.... My experience is that it is like a light bulb - it shines light on everything inside of you (good or bad) and makes you see it all in detail. I see how that could be dark for some and I also see how that could be powerful medicine for some. Also - using anything from a sick or weak plant seems to produce dark visions/dreams in others, so if you look into this make sure you only use strong/healthy parts from plants (I havent experienced this personally but heard this from others).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Redguard
#82 Posted : 9/3/2015 12:35:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
I started working with datura a little over a year ago.... Spent a year meditating with it before I ever ingested it, then started ingesting just the smallest amounts about 6 weeks ago. Mostly I use a soap made with datura infused oil - wash your hands with it and a tiny bit of the soap absorbs through your hands for a mild effect (absorbing through the skin is safer then eating because atropine doesnt absorb well through skin).

It has completely opened up my dreams even with the very mild doses I have used so far. Started at the very first time I used the soap. I used to rarely have dreams I remembered but now I remember my dreams almost every single night and I often have dreams that continue after I wake up - I will open my eyes in bed and still see the dream and experience the dream while I lie awake in bed for an hour. During this awake dream state I can easily control the dream and experience it totally lucid.

Datura can be very dangerous though and I think she chooses who she wants to work with - not the other way around. This plant can kill you so dont just go experimenting without research and a lot of careful thought. I specifically felt called to this plant through numerous visions so I slowly worked my way into getting to know her. It's a long slow road if you want to be safe and careful, but she opens up doors that will stay open.

For the first year all I did was meditate under toe' trees in Peru, grow datura at home, sleep with toe' or datura leaves under my pillow at night, and carry a single dried flower in my mesa altar. Had plenty of strong experiences with just these methods. After a year I got this soap made from a friend and also bought a rape' snuff that has toe' in it (rape' is a snuff made mostly with mapacho/tobacco, but this recipe also has toe'Pleased, and I also tried smoking the leaves. Absorbing through the skin and smoking are the safest ways of ingestion from what I have read. Soon I plan on drinking tea from a single stem off of a leaf and working up slowly from that method as well....

Again - dont try working with this plant unless you have researched it and are familiar with the dangers. This plant can kill you.

Some people say datura is dark or sinister, and others say it is the most powerful of the healing plants.... My experience is that it is like a light bulb - it shines light on everything inside of you (good or bad) and makes you see it all in detail. I see how that could be dark for some and I also see how that could be powerful medicine for some. Also - using anything from a sick or weak plant seems to produce dark visions/dreams in others, so if you look into this make sure you only use strong/healthy parts from plants (I havent experienced this personally but heard this from others).

I have a henbane beer I like to partake in during my aya sessions. I have one bottle left and I know it's the most potent one of the batch I made. I find the alkaloids in baneful herbs increadibly interesting. I'm curious how you came up with the idea of making a soap. Wouldn't the base in a soap make the alkaloids absorb faster into one's skin? In all my research I haven't found one individual suggesting it, but I think it's a brilliant idea. Was it from some book with a lot more brilliant ideas like that? I'd love to know.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Metanoia
#83 Posted : 9/3/2015 1:00:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just skimmed through this thread just now so apologies if this has already been mentioned...

The Ubulawu herbs. Of South African origin, there are a number of plants that are used to induce dreams. The shamans or whathaveyou believe that these plants allow you to communicate with your ancestors through the dream world. The most common would be Silene capensis, which I've worked with and is incredibly effective. I worked with it for about six months straight and it has had a lasting effect on my dream states, without continued use.

That said, my favorite of the Ubulawu is Synaptolepis kirkii. It has produced, without a doubt, the most vivid, realistic dreams I've ever had. I've had the ability to become lucid while dreaming since childhood and I would probably rate myself pretty highly if there were such a thing as a 'dream scale'. Still, this plant completely blew my mind. Highly recommended. Often it is mixed with other South African plants and that is what they tend to call "Ubulawu".

Essentially South African Ubulawu is the dream equivalent of South American Ayahuasca.

travsha
#84 Posted : 9/3/2015 2:17:15 AM

Share Love ~

Redguard wrote:

I have a henbane beer I like to partake in during my aya sessions. I have one bottle left and I know it's the most potent one of the batch I made. I find the alkaloids in baneful herbs increadibly interesting. I'm curious how you came up with the idea of making a soap. Wouldn't the base in a soap make the alkaloids absorb faster into one's skin? In all my research I haven't found one individual suggesting it, but I think it's a brilliant idea. Was it from some book with a lot more brilliant ideas like that? I'd love to know.

I wish I came up with the idea of making soap but credit is due to a friend of mine. She had been working with datura oil she made for a while and she also just happens to make and sell soaps.... One day she realized that she can make soaps with any oil she wants to and had a similar thought as you - that the base in the soaps might help it absorb faster.

She mentioned her soap to me and I was lucky enough to convince her to send me a bar. I have only used a tiny bit of it so far - a little goes a long way! I really like using the soap - so far I have been using it at the end of San Pedro ceremonies about an hour or two before I think I will go to bed.... The amounts I am using are small so they just add a small effect to the San Pedro (but a nice effect) and so far the effect they have on my dreams seems mostly permanent - I just spent 3 weeks in Peru without the soap and had amazing dreams the entire time!

Redguard
#85 Posted : 9/7/2015 7:06:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

travsha wrote:
Redguard wrote:

I wish I came up with the idea of making soap but credit is due to a friend of mine. She had been working with datura oil she made for a while and she also just happens to make and sell soaps.... One day she realized that she can make soaps with any oil she wants to and had a similar thought as you - that the base in the soaps might help it absorb faster.

She mentioned her soap to me and I was lucky enough to convince her to send me a bar. I have only used a tiny bit of it so far - a little goes a long way! I really like using the soap - so far I have been using it at the end of San Pedro ceremonies about an hour or two before I think I will go to bed.... The amounts I am using are small so they just add a small effect to the San Pedro (but a nice effect) and so far the effect they have on my dreams seems mostly permanent - I just spent 3 weeks in Peru without the soap and had amazing dreams the entire time!

Your friend sounds like she just may be a rootworker Smile. Datura oil scares me even. There's a lot of conflicting information about these alkaloids and a lot of anecdotal evidence (trip reports) of people not fully coming down for weeks even consuming moderate amounts when combining with a psychedelic. As you said, a little def goes a long way. When I brewed my beer I only stirred it before bottling once, so by the time I got to the end of the batch I was bottling some incredibly potent "beer".

I find that henbane's energy synergises well with me but I can only recommend small doses. Anything more then that without proper experience and you are really asking for trouble haha.
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

Psychelectric
#86 Posted : 9/11/2015 7:28:23 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

While lucid dreaming, if you start losing it, possibly on the verge of waking up, where dream images get blurry and confused, try spinning in circles (in the dream of course) Laughing .
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

#87 Posted : 12/11/2016 4:05:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

After talking with dreamer in chat a bit last night, he mentioned a combination of herbage and using the WILD technique [i've done WILD before, but never the herb combination]. Didn't end up waking up around 4-5am, woke up much earlier to try it [2:30am]. Below is what happened.

I got up around 2:30am, didn't have to pee, so I splashed some semi cold water on my face, dried it real quick, went out to the kitchen to grab half a glass of water. I drank the water, went back to my bed, prepared 1.5g of calea in tea form, drank the tea. [Now for the next part it requires not having smoked cannabis for several weeks and/or 1 month]. I took "1 hit" of cannabis from the pipe [I actually didn't have any buds, aside from the remnants of charred remains sitting in a chillum]. I went back to lay down in bed.

Then trying to essentially meditate with my eyes closed, lying there, keeping my focus/awareness behind my closed eyelids active [without getting caught in the drift-off of sleeptime]. Quickly hypnagogia formed like per usual, felt the bits of sounds and scenes start to poke in and out of my awareness. It wasn't long before I was sucked into [as of lately] a typical dream scenario of being with a couple close friends in a massive expanse of deciduous forests, with a string of cabins spread throughout.

I began following the female of the two friends I was with, we were trying to find a cabin to settle in for the day [we were tired]. She seemed unable to pick one out of the several that we were coming across. This is where it began to become lucid [things took a subtle but obvious change]: I remember looking at her and thinking "how hard is it to find a cabin to stay in since we were given the option of so many?" From that point I took the lead in the search, going from watcher/passive observation and kind-of 'just going with things as they went' to a very crisp, very interactive role, and from that point it was 'me' looking out through my eyes, all mental faculties there to make rational decisions, just as if I were awake navigating my day to day waking life [completely indistinguishable from waking in every sense]. It remember I hiked [she followed with not much response or input] for what seemed miles, past all the cabins that were presented, and somehow I had a complete relaxation of knowing 'we will find the ultimate cabin/ the ultimate place to stay tonight; none of the ones we came up on felt [right]).

Eventually we came to a small clearing, walking up to the clearing there was just a bunch of tall river grasses, and no wind going through the trees, the only wind being in that small open space of grasses. Right along the edge of the clearing sat this massive victorian mansion like place [not a cabin]. Right then I got this crazy internal feeling of 'this is it', with that feeling permeating out from my mind into the reality of the dream world. Things began to take on this 'sheen', a sort of metallic brilliance/sparkle. Overcome with this emotion I went to turn around to ask the friend I was with something.

Then I woke up.

Thanks for reading. Not the best writing/recap, I can't remember much of the details; there were many more feelings, emotions, and things that happened, but they are fuzzy to me now.

«PREV345