We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is there any strain of cannabis that doesn't produce anxiety? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 12/10/2016 1:43:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's been a while since I quite cannabis already, mostly because I noticed it didn't cause a positive impact on my life. Aside from making me lazy, most of the time it reminded me of bad memories that happened in my life without solving much of it so I was feeling even worse but I always contributed that to "bad weed".

Lately I've been considering to start again since stronger psychedelics seemed to take a turn on me, especially for the fact that I've done them a bit too frequently and at too high doses.

Anyhow, since my trainwreck ayahuasca experience I've definitely realized that each and every one of us is just trying to be happy and feel good at the end of the day. This is something I've known already for some time, but this experience confirmed it.

Although at first it may seem as a silly conclusion, I want to put this insight into practice. I'm tired of feeling anxious, stressed out, and having too much of a hyperactive mind going on all the time.

Cannabis seems somewhat ideal for this purpose if such a strain exists. For obvious reasons I tend to avoid alcohol, benzos and opiates.

I'm considering some afghan hashish, since I can far more easily find this kind of stuff than some strain with mixed genetics. What do you guys think? Could this stuff help?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 12/10/2016 1:58:02 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

sativa-heavy strains always gave me a feeling of tension, thus anxiety.
I tend not to have that from more indica-predominant strains, such as blue dream.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 12/10/2016 2:01:54 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Strains aside, you could look into CBD oil. Relatively speaking, its practically non-psychoactive. Seems pretty popular in the medicinal cannabis industry.

--

also

Quote:
I've definitely realized that each and every one of us is just trying to be happy and feel good at the end of the day

Can't agree with you enough there, changes the whole way you see the world.. and it's very easy to forget, too.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Mitakuye Oyasin
#4 Posted : 12/10/2016 2:48:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, Indicas are better than Sativas if you want to reduce anxiety. Lower THC, higher CBD strains are preferred. Piperine from black pepper is supposed to help alleviate felt anxiety from Cannnabis if taken before. Also CBD in carious forms is legal in most places, so you could use CBD first, then whatever Cannabis you have access to as CBD and THC bond to the same sites and CBD reduced anxiety.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
โ€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Koornut
#5 Posted : 12/10/2016 7:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't wanna be a square but have you tried withholding from psychoactives for a stint, maybe try and find where your "baseline" is and go from there?
Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow

Psilosopher?
#6 Posted : 12/10/2016 8:41:21 AM

Don't Panic

I find that set and setting affects paranoia more than the strain of bud. Any setting that is open to the public tends to make me more paranoid than just relaxing at home.

Weed does give me insightful thoughts. Conversely, it occasionally gives me stupid thoughts that end up being massive wastes of energy and brain power. This stupidity also bleeds into the paranoia i rarely get. I get paranoid over very stupid and silly things. Essentially, i make mountains out of molehills. Weed is pretty good at avalanching a small nagging thought into something worse. It's all in the mind, in my experience.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

Ulim
#7 Posted : 12/10/2016 9:57:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.leafly.com/explore#

Just go through a strain catalogue and search for anxiety in the reviews.
You should go into the less energetic strains. And more euphoria.

InLaKesh
#8 Posted : 12/10/2016 12:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi ,
I really think a high CBD strain is what you are looking for.

I tested my first CBD strain ( 10% CBD 10% THC ) some Monte ago and i was surprised how good it felt . It also was very grounded and sane .
I guess you can also mix CBD oil/shatter with nonCBD weed...

Thumbs up

And like you mentioned , a good hash might also do the trick , but there are also variables , you have to test...
In Lak'ech - I am another yourself

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 12/10/2016 3:19:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis isn't necessarily for everyone, if it elicits negative response when you consume it, there may not be anything that can be done. The differences between sativa and indica or different strains is actually fairly subtle, the core of THC intoxication is always going to be about the same. perhaps just not using cannabis is the best solution, there's really no point in trying to make cannabis work for you, it does what it does.

-eg

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 12/10/2016 3:33:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The differences between sativa and indica or different strains is actually fairly subtle, the core of THC intoxication is always going to be about the same.

This is largely true, with the reported differences between indica and sativa being a lot to do with seller/marketing hype (not dissimilar to that seen with strains of Psilocybe cubensis), although varying cannabinoid content between different species and strains will result in difference experiences. It seems that the influence of the various other cannabinoids, THC and CBD aside, has largely been overlooked. Still though for people with negative past experiences with cannabis, it seems the vast bulk of cannabis out there is THC heavy with only trace amounts of CBD at best.

So seeking out some CBD heavy cannabis would be a good step in the right direction if one wishes to experiment I think.

http://online.liebertpub....1089/can.2015.29003.ebr

AwesomeUsername
#11 Posted : 12/10/2016 3:39:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Koornut wrote:
I don't wanna be a square but have you tried withholding from psychoactives for a stint, maybe try and find where your "baseline" is and go from there?

Depends on what you consider "withholding from psychoactives". Compared to other people my habits for changing my state of consciousness is less frequent than average so except psychedelics which I took for the most part twice a month I was always at baseline levels.

Having had this "psychedelic phase" of my life for quite some time it's became quite mentally exhausting and I've started to miss other psychoactives as well. Nowadays any sort of occasional mental relief would help me get through my days. My mind hasn't stopped racing for a while now, it's time to slow down a bit.

As I'm getting older, with all that responsibilities and stress from other people (co-workers, family) it's getting increasingly difficult to perform a simple task that is sitting down for a while, relaxing and enjoying that little free time I got.

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 12/10/2016 3:49:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Nowadays any sort of occasional mental relief would help me get through my days. My mind hasn't stopped racing for a while now, it's time to slow down a bit.

Meditation might be something to consider. Worth remembering one can alter consciousness and clear one's mind through other means than psychoactives.

Gone-and-Back
#13 Posted : 12/10/2016 4:01:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

There are certain strains that have been bred to actually help with anxiety. These strains are known for their higher CBD content, and lower THC content.

When I was in Colorado there was a strain I found called harlequin, and it was one of those strains designed to help anxiety. It has a 4:1 or 3:1 CBD to THC ratio. So it really shouldn't even get you that high, but the amount of CBD present will take care of anxiety and any other effects you want on the medical side.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

universecannon
#14 Posted : 12/10/2016 4:23:52 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Smoking smaller hits and spreading them out instead of back to back is an easy way to avoid anxiety. Harmalas help to

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

woogyboogy
#15 Posted : 12/10/2016 4:27:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can somewhat relate to your problem, I also miss the times when I could smoke cannabis and it would take me to a place where I could just relax and be inspired to do some simple things that nourish my soul, taking my mind of all the things I am supposed to be responsible for.
Ive never really found something that worked the same for me, even meditation, while it calms my mind, doesnt give me this deep inspiration and joy for things like drawing, nature or even cleaning stuff.

endlessness
#16 Posted : 12/10/2016 4:30:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Regarding anxiety, some the most important has been said already, but I'll add a couple of thoughts:

1- Try high-CBD strains. Forget indica vs sativa, that is a completely useless way of classifying cannabis in what refers to the cannabinoid content. Most indica AND sativa that is in the market are high-THC low-CBD, except for a few selected seeds (cannatonic, stuff from CBD crew, etc). Or moroccan hash and indian charas also generally has significant amounts of CBD. Im not sure about what you call 'afghan hashish' since very rarely if ever do people get real afghani hashish these days, its often from another source and just labelled as such. If you can get it tested locally or can afford to send to the international testing service, then you will know what cannabinoid % it has.

2- Be sure to fulfill all your daily responsibilities and to be exercising and healthy, before smoking weed, otherwise it seems to bring more anxiety.

3- Maybe weed is not for you (anymore or for the moment), so take a break.

โ—‹
#17 Posted : 12/10/2016 6:30:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

endlessness wrote:
Regarding anxiety, some the most important has been said already, but I'll add a couple of thoughts:

1- Try high-CBD strains. Forget indica vs sativa, that is a completely useless way of classifying cannabis in what refers to the cannabinoid content. Most indica AND sativa that is in the market are high-THC low-CBD, except for a few selected seeds (cannatonic, stuff from CBD crew, etc). Or moroccan hash and indian charas also generally has significant amounts of CBD. Im not sure about what you call 'afghan hashish' since very rarely if ever do people get real afghani hashish these days, its often from another source and just labelled as such. If you can get it tested locally or can afford to send to the international testing service, then you will know what cannabinoid % it has.

2- Be sure to fulfill all your daily responsibilities and to be exercising and healthy, before smoking weed, otherwise it seems to bring more anxiety.

3- Maybe weed is not for you (anymore or for the moment), so take a break.

Those two that are highlighted, more important than anything else listed here imo/ime. <3

Cognitive Heart
#18 Posted : 12/10/2016 8:51:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great thread and suggestions. Smile

I don't have much to add as most of my thoughts/attitude on the subject matter are already present above but keeping life simple, balanced and going back to basics can do wonders.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Godsmacker
#19 Posted : 12/11/2016 12:27:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If a drug doesn't work well with you, then don't take it. Cannabis and THC can be anxiogenic in many people. If you find that the negative anxiogenic effects of cannabis are detrimental to your lifestyle and outweigh any potential benefit you get from it, then simply stop consuming cannabis. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't make it.
'"ALAS,"said the mouse, "the world is growing smaller every day. At the
beginning it was so big that I was afraid, I kept running and running, and I was glad
when at last I saw walls far away to the right and left, but these long walls have
narrowed so quickly that I am in the last chamber already, and there in the corner
stands the trap that I must run into." "You only need to change your direction," said
the cat, and ate it up.' --Franz Kafka

Koornut
#20 Posted : 12/11/2016 9:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

AwesomeUsername wrote:
Koornut wrote:

Depends on what you consider "withholding from psychoactives". Compared to other people my habits for changing my state of consciousness is less frequent than average so except psychedelics which I took for the most part twice a month I was always at baseline levels.

Having had this "psychedelic phase" of my life for quite some time it's became quite mentally exhausting and I've started to miss other psychoactives as well. Nowadays any sort of occasional mental relief would help me get through my days. My mind hasn't stopped racing for a while now, it's time to slow down a bit.

As I'm getting older, with all that responsibilities and stress from other people (co-workers, family) it's getting increasingly difficult to perform a simple task that is sitting down for a while, relaxing and enjoying that little free time I got.

A teacher of mine always says - find 20 minutes to meditate twice per day, and if you can't find it twice per day then find it three times per day.

Everyone is different, your two times per month average for entheo use sound like hell to me. I evaluate my use of psychedelics based on overall wellbeing, clarity of thought, and empathy toward others. This leads me to a maybe three times per year powerful journey, with an infrequent and more importantly non-habitual spattering of cannabis on top regular, daily meditation and exercise.

Sitting down and relaxing is surprisingly difficult for most people. If you want to find the time you will find it.

Inconsistency is in my nature.
The simple PHYLLODE tek

I'm just waiting for these bloody plants to grow