We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Phthalates: Warning to those using plastic containers/instruments in extractions Options

Chan
#41 Posted : 10/4/2015 6:09:38 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

I had quite the psilohuasca experience recently.

Among other things, I seemed to visit the mycelium, where I was made to see all the synthetic pharma crap and micro-plastic permeating our biosphere, and how resistant it is to breaking down, and I could feel it all hurting...
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

sleepermustawaken
#42 Posted : 10/6/2015 4:28:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man From Chan Chan wrote:
where I was made to see all the synthetic pharma crap and micro-plastic permeating our biosphere, and how resistant it is to breaking down, and I could feel it all hurting...

Oh, what did you feel hurting? The earth? Or you mean the mind of earth, like a gaia mind? Not sure if earth is conscious and haven't had experiences that show that matter is self-conscious either. Pollution is bad no doubt but.

sleepermustawaken
#43 Posted : 10/6/2015 4:29:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Again, I am curious to know how much phthalates or other compounds would leach in to the naphtha while being in contact for only 15-20 minutes? Would it be enough to be of concern? How much would leach in to a microwave dinner that has been heated slightly more than it should have been? Is this a serious enouugh threat to our endocrine system to even worry about? Who needs an endocrine system anyway? That last one is jjks

Thanks for the tip on washing the fumarates though, what if the fumarates are large crystals though? Could you mix with water and evap both of them at the same time and keep adding acetone until there is no water left?

Chan
#44 Posted : 10/6/2015 1:32:56 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Quote:
Oh, what did you feel hurting? The earth? Or you mean the mind of earth, like a gaia mind?

The message appeared to come directly from the mushroom, specifically the mycelium, itself. I was shown how the mycelium acts as a kind of 'clearing house', breaking stuff down into components ready for re-use, and how it now struggles with some novel, and unnatural, substances. It was very visual, and kind of dark, maybe even what some would describe as 'hellish', this tearing-apart process... Obviously, it's hard to know for sure how much projection I was contributing, but I don't work in recycling or soil-science, or think too hard about those things, but it came through as a strong message, along with some frustrated anger at an inability to deal with these things.

Quote:
How much would leach in to a microwave dinner that has been heated slightly more than it should have been? Is this a serious enouugh threat to our endocrine system to even worry about?

The problem is we're highly sensitive to endocrines at the nano-gram level, and it's hard even to measure everyday contamination at that level, so a precautionary approach is probably advisable. On the rare occasions I resort to a ready meal, I'll tip it out into a china bowl with a saucer on top as a lid, before heating. Personally, I could see "heat-stable" plastics going the same way as asbestos oven-gloves, one day, when the mounting evidence can no longer be suppressed...

This old article shows how pernicious these compounds are, in even the most unlikely places...
“I sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: “are all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

Orion
#45 Posted : 12/5/2016 1:35:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So let's say you don't want fumarates but still want freebase ? After you salt it out to separate it from plastic contaminants, what then?

Here are some ways https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._Freebase_Conversion_TEK

But I don't see how any of these will remove all of the fumaric acid, since it is soluble in all of the solvents used to remove the DMT freebase. Any method involving precipitation from water or rinsing a final product in water will also reduce yield, as I recall it was shown recently that DMT freebase is slightly soluble in water and normal PH levels.

Did I miss something crucial, or is it that we just accept contamination with fumaric acid is less of a problem than plastics ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

downwardsfromzero
#46 Posted : 12/6/2016 6:40:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Orion wrote:
Did I miss something crucial, or is it that we just accept contamination with fumaric acid is less of a problem than plastics ?

Fumaric acid is far, far less of a problem than plasticisers. In fact it is actually beneficial for certain skin conditions.

DMT fumarate is also much more readily soluble in water than fumaric acid. Conversely, DMT fumarate is practically insoluble in cold, anhydrous acetone whereas fumaric acid dissolves in the same solvent to a reasonable extent. These two factors lend to their fairly easy separation.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Orion
#47 Posted : 12/7/2016 5:22:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's fine for removing excess fumarate, but my point was regarding obtaining freebase DMT after converting it to fumarates to separate it from plasticizers. Once based again, how does one separate it from fumaric acid cleanly with minimal loss of yield without naptha ? You couldn't use acetone or IPA since DMT will dissolve into each of these quite readily, as does the fumaric acid.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

downwardsfromzero
#48 Posted : 12/8/2016 9:01:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The fumaric acid gets converted into a fumarate salt, such as sodium fumarate if you base with a sodium-based base ( Confused !) (etc) Sodium fumarate is not nearly as soluble in acetone or IPA and would certainly be completely eliminated by recrystallising the freebase DMT from naphtha or heptane.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV123