We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Do I just have a high tolerance to dmt... Options

dogga94
#1 Posted : 11/10/2016 7:43:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok so ive used dmt about ~10 times. Ive always thought my technique was wrong because I never really brokethtrough.

Eventually I think I got really close. I remember a tunnel, entities and just the most amazing vivid patterns ever. But I still felt my body (it wasnt me... but I was still connected to it) and When I oppened my eyes I couldnt really recognise my room but it was still familiar. This was with 100mg freebase holding for like 20 seconds with sandwich method.

So now I tried changa. I smoked 1:1 100mg and it gave me a pretty mild experience.

Like wtf... I dont understand how people can breakthrough off like 25mg

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Dr.DiMiTri
#2 Posted : 11/10/2016 9:20:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT always blast me away and I mostly use sandwich method, however, Ayahausca never works on me; I have been in a group and dosed all equally and everyone was well away in bliss for hours and literally nothing happened to me. Highest attempt was 1 gram rue extract with 0.5 grams DMT and I would say calling it a threshold experience would be very complimentary, in fact it just felt like rue for a couple of hours. I have since given up on Ayahuasca/ Pharmahuasca altogether as it's just a waste of spice on me.

Everyone reacts differently basically.
-- Psychedelics make people irrational. Especially those who don't use them --

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 11/10/2016 10:45:46 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dogga94, if you were able to describe your smoking technique it might be easier to gain some insight into its efficacy or lack thereof.

Dr.DiMiTri, is there something about your diet, medication or metabolic disposition (i.e. for instance, how might you react to other drugs) that causes your intractability vis-a-vis ayahuasca? What aspect of the experience are you seeking anyhow? Are you aware of what Jonathan Ott might mean when he says, "Maybe we need less ayahuasca in our ayahuasca"?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Dr.DiMiTri
#4 Posted : 11/11/2016 8:24:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Downwardsfromzero, thanks for your input. I am unfamiliar with the Jonathon Otts quote or to what exactly it refers too.

My diet and lifestyle is incredibly healthy. I am vegan, eat only organic and even source my own spring water. I don't drink alcohol or eat cane sugar or smoke, as well as daily exercise, and yoga and meditaton when I find the time. This is my diet now, although 15 years ago it was more or less the complete opposite and there were stages to get to where my diet and exercise is now. In all that time ayahuasca never worked.

I have dosed low maoi low DMT, high maoi low DMT, low maoi high DMT, high maoi high DMT, maoi and DMT at same time, maoi first DMT later, DMT first maoi later, and everything in between. I have never even reached threshold.

As for other drugs I always seemed to take more than fellow travellers, but I liked it full on. I can't stand being caught between realities. And my metabolism has always and still is very good. I haven't got a doctor and take no meds. I like to work on energy levels and have faith in homeopathy on the very rare occasion I am in ill health.

I believe my exterior experience is a reflection of my inner experience, so if you want to change things it starts from with in. I am just curious in experience and other levels of consciousness within and outside myself which is my interest in ayahuasca.

Slightly disjointed message there but rushed it on work break

Peace to all
-- Psychedelics make people irrational. Especially those who don't use them --

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 11/11/2016 10:34:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Apparently the quantity of your 5HT2a/5HT2c receptors is genetic...

Does lack of receptors equal lack if experiance? I'm not sure, but that's the direction I've been leaning.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...;t=72898&find=unread
I've been doing hobby research in the area...

I don't think I'm allowed to comment on dose, so I'll leave that alone.

-eg

Tryptallmine
#6 Posted : 11/11/2016 10:21:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dogga94 wrote:
Ok so ive used dmt about ~10 times. Ive always thought my technique was wrong because I never really brokethtrough.

Eventually I think I got really close. I remember a tunnel, entities and just the most amazing vivid patterns ever. But I still felt my body (it wasnt me... but I was still connected to it) and When I oppened my eyes I couldnt really recognise my room but it was still familiar. This was with 100mg freebase holding for like 20 seconds with sandwich method.

So now I tried changa. I smoked 1:1 100mg and it gave me a pretty mild experience.

Like wtf... I dont understand how people can breakthrough off like 25mg

Just make a regular bong, and put steel wool in the bottom of the cone and your DMT on top of that, if you want, cover it over with a little bit of steel wool. Fine steel wool.

If you vape the whole thing into a bong like that, it shouldn't burn and will be very concentrated vapor.

I'd put money on 40mg sending you to the other side of the universe.

DmnStr8
#7 Posted : 11/12/2016 3:23:14 AM

Come what may

Two thoughts.

One, is that maybe you don't want to see. Some part of you holds back and refuses.

Two, your DMT is of low quality or your MOA is askew in some way.

Try another method, maybe the vapor genie. That is what I use and I am gone in three hits every time. Practice makes perfect. If you want something enough, you'll make it happen.

Please check out these two links if you have not already:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=37220

https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=8730
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

lunac
#8 Posted : 12/5/2016 1:54:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think I can relate to having a somewhat higher natural "tolerance". I have also used all forms and all methods except for the vaporgenie and I'm pretty sure I have top quality DMT and Changa and I'm pretty sure I'm vaping it. (As one would learn after a couple of tries Smile ) 50mgs just is not going to get me far enough. It gets me to the point of beautiful CEVs with images of beings swirling around in these colourful patterns. Also the crackling sound builds up but it just dies off. My friend on the other hand, using the exact same method and spice as me, has more than enough when inhaling 50mg. 40mg is able to get him there. For me a dose of 75-80mgs is about right for me...

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 12/5/2016 3:17:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

lunac wrote:
I think I can relate to having a somewhat higher natural "tolerance". I have also used all forms and all methods except for the vaporgenie and I'm pretty sure I have top quality DMT and Changa and I'm pretty sure I'm vaping it. (As one would learn after a couple of tries Smile ) 50mgs just is not going to get me far enough. It gets me to the point of beautiful CEVs with images of beings swirling around in these colourful patterns. Also the crackling sound builds up but it just dies off. My friend on the other hand, using the exact same method and spice as me, has more than enough when inhaling 50mg. 40mg is able to get him there. For me a dose of 75-80mgs is about right for me...

I'm not sure if I have a high tolerance, because these things always have such extreme impact on me, but I've often found that the range that I dose in is considered high for most...

Everybody is unique, it may be best to (safly and responsibly) experiment with dose until you find the level which is suited for your intentions and expectations.

-eg

Ulim
#10 Posted : 12/5/2016 4:32:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well its not really the tolerance i think but your technique of smoking.

A the best way to lower your dmt tolerance is with MAOI use. All those 5-30mg ego deaths are almost always in combination with harmalas.

You might wanna lock into the less technique reliant methods of administration like aya or electric vaporizers and gvg.

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 12/6/2016 1:03:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:

A the best way to lower your dmt tolerance is with MAOI use. All those 5-30mg ego deaths are almost always in combination with harmalas.

You might wanna lock into the less technique reliant methods of administration like aya or electric vaporizers and gvg.

I'm not certain that unusual MAOI levels are the only contributing factor to being "hard headed" with DMT.

I feel your genetic expression of 5HT2C/2a receptors may also contribute...as well as many other factors.

-eg

Ulim
#12 Posted : 12/6/2016 4:26:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis wrote:
Ulim wrote:

I'm not certain that unusual MAOI levels are the only contributing factor to being "hard headed" with DMT.

I feel your genetic expression of 5HT2C/2a receptors may also contribute...as well as many other factors.

-eg

Yeah that too.

dogga94 do you use any kind of antidepressant or ever used one? Because those will effectively block anything that tries to interact with 5-HT2A

entheogenic-gnosis
#13 Posted : 12/6/2016 5:22:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Ulim wrote:

-eg

Yeah that too.

dogga94 do you use any kind of antidepressant or ever used one? Because those will effectively block anything that tries to interact with 5-HT2A

5-HT1A receptors are intrinsically involved in the mechanism of action of most antidepressant drugs...

Some antidepressant compounds are mono amine oxidase inhibitors, which would be a concern as well.

And as was mentioned in the previous post by ulim there are 5HT2a antagonists used as antidepressants as well:
Quote:
A few antidepressant drugs (nefazodone, trazodone, mirtazapine) are antagonists of certain receptors, such as 5-HT2A or α2-adrenoceptors, a property that may underlie their therapeutic properties.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.../pmc/articles/PMC446220/

Here's my understanding of SSRI drugs:

The serotonin transporter or "SERT" is a monoamine transporter protein, a membrane protein that transports 5-hydroxy-tryptamine from the synaptic cleft into presynaptic neurons, SSRI compounds function by blocking the serotonin transporter (SERT), preventing the reuptake of serotonin. As the reuptake of 5-hydroxy-tryptamine is blocked it leaves an increased level of 5-hydroxy-tryptamine in the synaptic cleft which then becomes available to bind to the postsynaptic receptor.

In the study below it indicates that the blockade of 5-HT2a receptors improves the clinical effects of SSRI drugs...

So are they prescribing 5-HT2a antagonists with SSRI compounds?

I don't know much about how these compounds are actually prescribed to individuals, however if they were prescribing SSRI compounds with 5-HT2a antagonists this would be an issue as well...

Quote:
Abstract
The selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) are the most frequently prescribed antidepressant drugs, because they are well tolerated and have no severe side effects. They rapidly block serotonin (5-HT) reuptake, yet the onset of their therapeutic action requires weeks of treatment. This delay is the result of presynaptic and postsynaptic adaptive mechanisms secondary to reuptake inhibition. The prevention of a negative feedback mechanism operating at the 5-HT autoreceptor level enhances the neurochemical and clinical effects of SSRIs.The blockade of 5-HT2A receptors also seems to improve the clinical effects of SSRIs. These receptors are located postsynaptically to 5-HT axons, mainly in the neocortex. Pyramidal neurons in the prefrontal cortex are particularly enriched in 5-HT2A receptors. Their blockade may affect the function of prefrontal–subcortical circuits, an effect that probably underlies the beneficial effects of the addition of atypical antipsychotic drugs, which are 5-HT2A receptor antagonists, to SSRIs in treatment-resistant patients.

The therapeutic role of 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors in depression
Pau Celada, M. Victoria Puig, Mercè Amargós-Bosch, Albert Adell, and Francesc Artigas

The above is a great research paper on the topic.

In general I would always be cautious when mixing psychedelics with any medication, specially those which are related to serotonin or mono amine oxidase.

-eg

Ulim
#14 Posted : 12/6/2016 6:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mirtazapine could really break trips.

With it depressant side effects it could pull the emergency break on many psychoactive substances.

That is a rather interesting compound for you to study entheogenic-gnosis.

entheogenic-gnosis
#15 Posted : 12/7/2016 2:18:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Mirtazapine could really break trips.

With it depressant side effects it could pull the emergency break on many psychoactive substances.

That is a rather interesting compound for you to study entheogenic-gnosis.

Which compound?

-eg

Ulim
#16 Posted : 12/7/2016 6:21:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

entheogenic-gnosis
#17 Posted : 12/8/2016 1:42:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Mirtazapine Big grin says right there in my post Very happy

This is why I asked, because I've never studied Mirtazapine, and I did not bring it up, it may have been mentioned in an excerpt of 5HT2a antagonists, but I don't recall ever mentioning putting any research into it...

However, Antidepressant and neurotransmitter research is a great gateway into working with psychedelics...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=766696#post766696
Serotonin research

Quote:
Lie Low and Infiltrate the System
The undergraduate years are a difficult time for the nascent psychedelic researcher because of the stigma that these drugs still hold. Many undergraduates come to realize that broadcasting their unconventional views at this time could potentially harm their future careers, and thus indirectly harm psychedelic research. Sometimes we have to conform to others’ expectations in order to establish a solid base of credibility, and wait for a time when we can be more independent in our pursuits. The book Why Shrooms Are Good by Joe Schmoe is likely to be ignored; Therapeutic Benefits of Psilocybin by Dr. Joe Schmoe considerably less so, even if both books say exactly the same thing. Incidentally, this was the path I followed; I didn’t breathe a word of my interests until I was already on the faculty of Harvard Medical School. Be warned, however–conformity for too long can corrode the soul. And in retrospect, you are freer as an undergraduate than you may think you are.
Www.maps.org

-eg

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 12/8/2016 10:18:25 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
The undergraduate years are a difficult time for the nascent psychedelic researcher because of the stigma that these drugs still hold. Many undergraduates come to realize that broadcasting their unconventional views at this time could potentially harm their future careers, and thus indirectly harm psychedelic research. Sometimes we have to conform to others’ expectations in order to establish a solid base of credibility, and wait for a time when we can be more independent in our pursuits. The book Why Shrooms Are Good by Joe Schmoe is likely to be ignored; Therapeutic Benefits of Psilocybin by Dr. Joe Schmoe considerably less so, even if both books say exactly the same thing. Incidentally, this was the path I followed; I didn’t breathe a word of my interests until I was already on the faculty of Harvard Medical School. Be warned, however–conformity for too long can corrode the soul. And in retrospect, you are freer as an undergraduate than you may think you are.
Www.maps.org

-eg

Curses. I think I really screwed up on this one. I must have been on acid or something Wut?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

entheogenic-gnosis
#19 Posted : 12/10/2016 3:32:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Quote:
Www.maps.org

-eg

Curses. I think I really screwed up on this one. I must have been on acid or something Wut?

I started school for organic chemistry when I was in my mid-twenties, I attended for about 3 years and then stopped...I never really mentioned my interest in psychedelics, and honestly I'm glad this was the case.

As of now I'm participating in an apprenticeship, and may or may not return to college, as the apprenticeship already is geared towards my key interests.

Even here on the nexus, it's not something I discuss often, or ever in any detail...

If you managed to be fully open about your interests I applaud you, just be careful.

(This is from a strictly academic standpoint, outside academia I'm in fairly open when it comes to my interest in entheogens.)

-eg

MissDMT
#20 Posted : 12/16/2016 6:55:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe you are burning it. For example I kept lightening up dmt for a friend and she would only get patterns nothing major. As soon as my hubby did the flame she had a breakthrough instantly

12NEXT