We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Possible Datura Innoxia? Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 5/7/2016 6:26:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Went to the in-laws house today, and decided to check on the greenhouse. Upon entering, I was greeted with this beautiful flowering plant that I instantly knew I recognized from somewhere. Upon inspecting it, I'm pretty sure it's Datura Innoxia. I shall attach some pictures that I took.

If someone could verify that this is Datura or not that would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
20160507_094122.jpg (4,092kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
20160507_094134.jpg (5,450kb) downloaded 247 time(s).
20160507_094234_002.jpg (2,802kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
20160507_094201.jpg (5,122kb) downloaded 248 time(s).
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cognitive Heart
#2 Posted : 5/7/2016 11:38:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This definitely appears to be datura (toloatzin). What are your intentions? If you don't mind me asking. Safety and responsibility can't be expressed enough when dealing with tropane-rich plants.
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 5/7/2016 11:49:07 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

yep that appears to be a D. inoxia or perhaps D. metel based on the seeds. It is curious however as both those strains tend to have moar traditional trumpet shaped flowers and this specimen has star shaped flowers remeniscent of D. Stramonium. Perhaps a hybrid?
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 5/7/2016 11:54:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also considered metel but the flowers of metel usually have a hue of purple. This flower is only white. Either way, you've got one dangerous specimen. Datura strains have varied alkaloid levels but contain all the same tropane molecules.

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 5/8/2016 12:06:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't have any specific intentions for this plant. I know of the dangers that come with tropane alkaloids.

If I did try to consume it, I would probably do so through smoking a single, small hit or two of one of the flowers. I have heard that this is one of the safer ways to approach this plant.

As someone who loves nature and believes every plant is here for a reason and has something to teach us, so I am naturally drawn to try all the plant medicines that I can. I fully understand the dangers and have done my research before just jumping into new experiences.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Gone-and-Back
#6 Posted : 11/28/2016 12:14:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The size of this plant is massive now. It takes up almost half the green house. I told them what it was and how dangerous of a plant it is, apparently they didn't care. It's a beautiful specimen.
Gone-and-Back attached the following image(s):
20161127_181615.jpg (8,144kb) downloaded 184 time(s).

exquisitus
#7 Posted : 11/28/2016 1:40:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

yeah, beautiful datura, it's commonly grown for decorative purposes

Continuum
#8 Posted : 11/28/2016 12:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Have you gone in the greenhouse in the few hours after sunset when they bloom? The smell is incredible. Love
Forge a Path with Heart <3

Gone-and-Back
#9 Posted : 11/28/2016 4:13:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Only two or three flowers have ever been open when I am in there. I don't go over there often, but might be soon. I'll have to try to make it around that time so I can see it in full bloom.

I can only imagine the scent, I'm sure it's wonderful!

AluminumFoilRobots
#10 Posted : 12/2/2016 5:51:15 PM

gufyg

It isn't a D. Innoxia, its too low-laying. D. Innoxia is more vertical and tree- or bush-like, and has more distinctive leaves.
I believe this is a Datura Metel but try using this nifty Datura ID guide I found on erowid several years ago.

https://erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_key/
ุจุณู… ุงู„ู„ู‡ ุงู„ุฑุญู…ู† ุงู„ุฑุญูŠู…

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

Gone-and-Back
#11 Posted : 12/3/2016 12:24:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That link just tells the difference between datura and another plant.

Either way, whatever datura species it is, they all contain the same dangerous tropane alkaloids don't they?

Cognitive Heart
#12 Posted : 12/3/2016 2:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The levels of tropanes are a little different per plant but the alklaoids are all the same, really. All Datura plants contain primarily scopolamine, hyoscyamine, and atropine.

AluminumFoilRobots
#13 Posted : 12/5/2016 12:33:19 PM

gufyg

Gone-and-Back wrote:
That link just tells the difference between datura and another plant.

Either way, whatever datura species it is, they all contain the same dangerous tropane alkaloids don't they?

No, click on the hyperlinks, it's interactive.
https://erowid.org/plant...ra_key/datura_key3.shtml

Yes, they all contain the same alkaloids, but in differing concentration, so that some are more useful for use than others. Datura innoxia, especially if collected at the same time of year, is the most consistent in its dose.

I use it mostly as an anti-emetic when drinking psychedelics or even sometimes if I just get nauseous for whatever reason, like 3-7 seeds. I also notice at this micro-dose level that I can still feel subtle effects on the main trip from them.

However, I definitely prefer the ornamental value of some of the other ones, especially the South American cousins, the brugmansias (those flowerzShocked ). I have also smoked whichever species is the traditionally used one in Southern California and Northern Mexico, which was a nice, relaxing experience almost like smoking reggie. But I only did that a couple times, till I could get pot, not really good enough to make a regular thing of. And I have always been very wary of this plant, every single report is some level of nightmare experience or at least it just feels like shit. Microdosing is the only way to go with these.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

AluminumFoilRobots
#14 Posted : 12/5/2016 12:35:53 PM

gufyg

AluminumFoilRobots wrote:
It isn't a D. Innoxia, its too low-laying. D. Innoxia is more vertical and tree- or bush-like, and has more distinctive leaves.
I believe this is a Datura Metel but try using this nifty Datura ID guide I found on erowid several years ago.

https://erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_key/

Oh and my bad I'm straight trippin', cause this is probably totally a D. innoxia. I was meaning D. Strammonium , cause they are more tree-like. But I is dumb sorry internet

rOm
#15 Posted : 12/5/2016 1:29:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my opinion it is a datura inoxia. I grew it for a couple of years.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 12/6/2016 9:27:01 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Gone-and-Back wrote:
I told them what it was and how dangerous of a plant it is, apparently they didn't care.

Judging by the state of most of the rest of the plants in the picture, they don't care about them, either Wink (Yes, maybe December isn't the best month for photographing a greenhouse...)

There appear to be a couple of interesting cacti behind the ?fig plant in the background. Hard to identify at that scale but one looks somewhat like a T. peruvianus and the other a T. pachanoi monstrose. Definitely a monstrose of something, the species ID is in no way reliable with so few pixels!
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
20161127_181615.jpg (587kb) downloaded 127 time(s).

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Gone-and-Back
#17 Posted : 12/7/2016 1:05:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It's both part of the same cacti, it's giant. It is a Peruvian apple tree cactus. It is indeed monstrose. I tried growing a cutting but it didn't work and it died.

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 12/8/2016 9:10:10 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

At least I got the peruvian and monstrose bits right. <pats self on back>

But what's the botanical name for such a beast?

A bit more on topic, I had a Datura appear adventitiously out of some potting compost I used last year. It's interesting to see how big they can become. Mine was limited by being in a pot.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Gone-and-Back
#19 Posted : 12/10/2016 12:55:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cereus Peruvianus I think

downwardsfromzero
#20 Posted : 12/11/2016 3:03:17 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Cereus peruvianus

I was thinking this also but was distracted by the last photo I saw of one of these, which appeared considerably hairier/spinier. Anyhow, that's enough cactus-jacking of this thread!

A seed from my last datura has germinated this week. They appear to appreciate warmth, and are not completely deterred by mould. This is a little inconvenient however as there is also another cutting in the pot which requires somewhat different lighting conditions.

12NEXT