We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
US National Forests Options

Leithen
#1 Posted : 2/9/2016 10:45:53 PM

Be Here Now

Hey fellow Nexians!

In 2015 I did quite a bit of traveling by my self as well as with a few friends. I drove my car several thousand miles for a few months at a time and visited friends and camped out. For the most part I stayed in National Forests which are free to camp in.

I wanted to share a list of all the ones I visited with you guys and see if anyone has been to the same ones or has been to others that I should check out! Nature is a very important thing in my life and I think it should be in everyones. You should not have to pay to enjoy it and National Forests are a great way to do that!

Manistee (MI)
Roosevelt (CO), Arapaho (CO), San Isabel (CO), Gunnison (CO), Grand Mesa (CO), Rio Grande (CO), Pike (CO)
Medicine Bow (WY)
Black Hills (SD)
Nebraska (NE), Samuel R. McKelvie (NE)
Shawnee (IL)
Daniel Boone (KY)
Cherokee (TN)
Nantahala (NC), Pisgah (NC)
Sumpter (SC), Francis Marion (SC)
Osceola (FL, Apalachicola (FL)
Conecuh (AL), Talladega (AL), Tuskegee (AL)
Homochitto (MS), De Soto (MS)
Kisatchie (LA)
Sabine (TX), Angelina (TX), Sam Houston (TX), Davy Crockett (TX)
Mark Twain (MO)

I hope to be going to a lot more this year! Hopefully some of you can share some cool places to go or will get inspired to check out a forest close to you. Thumbs up
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€
โ€• Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Spaced Out 2
#2 Posted : 2/9/2016 11:04:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You were in my neck of the woods at one point, a few I have been to and one I go to a couple times a year for a weekend of back packing.

Anyways sounds like it was a good time with friends, and I would say they are all probably worth seeing Smile

Leithen
#3 Posted : 2/9/2016 11:43:58 PM

Be Here Now

Spaced Out 2 wrote:
You were in my neck of the woods at one point, a few I have been to and one I go to a couple times a year for a weekend of back packing.

Anyways sounds like it was a good time with friends, and I would say they are all probably worth seeing Smile

No doubt! That would be the goal. Thumbs up

All 154 National Forests! Big grin
โ€œHow long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.โ€

Strigiform
#4 Posted : 2/24/2016 3:05:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never gone camping. Now that I can afford it, I think that I will try to take some time and enjoy my beautiful state via the nearest National Forest.

Psybin
#5 Posted : 3/14/2016 3:57:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I highly recommend the Adirondack Mountains in Upstate New York. It is the largest natural preserve in the contiguous United States and, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful places in the country. It's also pretty neat in that it includes human settlements, which makes it a cool experiment in conservation. There are many tiny, bucolic towns and villages scattered throughout the picturesque landscape of mountains blanketed in ancient forest, criss-crossed with lakes and streams. The views are like no other on Earth, especially from the peaks of any of the many mountains.

I may be biased though, as I am a New Yorker from birth. Big grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adirondack_Park
http://visitadirondacks.com/about/adirondack-park

Spaced Out 2
#6 Posted : 3/14/2016 7:30:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That second pic is just awesome Surprised

universecannon
#7 Posted : 3/14/2016 3:41:26 PM

โ˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

+1 for the Adirondacks Thumbs up

Letchworth State Park (NY) is also quite amazing (pic below). It's beautiful in the fall and has some nice waterfalls. Its gorges! Wink

There is some other amazing stuff in NY on the way to both of them as well, like Howe Cavern and Watkins Glenn.

universecannon attached the following image(s):
Letchworth-State-Park_54_990x660.jpg (303kb) downloaded 212 time(s).
howe cavern.jpg (33kb) downloaded 212 time(s).
Watkins-Glen.jpg (465kb) downloaded 212 time(s).

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 3/14/2016 5:03:19 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I know of nowhere on earth that compares to the magic and beauty of southern Utah.

Arches National Park:

Canyonlands National Park:

Zion National Park:

Be sure not to miss the State Parks too.

Goblin Valley State Park:

Escalante Petrified Forest State Park

Dead Horse Point State Park:
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Nathanial.Dread
#9 Posted : 3/14/2016 8:09:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm going to 2nd Dreamer for Southern Utah. I've never been to such a jaw-droppingly beautiful place in my life.

Those slot canyons...

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Psybin
#10 Posted : 3/14/2016 9:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
+1 for the Adirondacks Thumbs up

Letchworth State Park (NY) is also quite amazing (pic below). It's beautiful in the fall and has some nice waterfalls. Its gorges! Wink

There is some other amazing stuff in NY on the way to both of them as well, like Howe Cavern and Watkins Glenn.

I love going to Howe Caverns! I used to go there as a kid on field trips Smile

Leithen
#11 Posted : 12/4/2016 5:36:56 PM

Be Here Now

I'm LOVING all the pictures! Love

I have been gone for some time now and thought I would update this thread and everyone on the Nexus about my travels. I think DMT has made me far more connected with nature than I ever could have imagined and travelling to some of the most beautiful places in the U.S. has only made that connection deeper. I share mostly in hopes that it will inspire others to get out and experience all the beauty this great planet has to offer!

I have been doing a similar style of travelling for the past several months. Still going to National Forests but also going to several National Parks. I'll share pictures as soon as I can but for now I wanted to update the list!

San Bernardino (CA), Cleveland (CA), Angeles (CA), Sequoia (CA), Sierra (CA), Stanistlaus (CA), Eldorado (CA), Tahoe (CA), Plumas (CA), Lassen (CA), Modoc (CA), Six Rivers (CA), Mendocino (CA), Los Padres (CA)
Kaibab (AZ), Coconino (AZ), Prescott (AZ), Coronado (AZ)
Bighorn (WY), Shoshone (WY)
Gallatin (MT), Custer (MT), Helena (MT) Lewis and Clark (MT), Flathead (MT), Kootenai (MT) Lolo (MT) Beaverhead-Deerlodge (MT) Bitterroot (MT),
Kaniksu (ID), Couer d'Alene (ID), St. Joe (ID), Salmon-Challis (ID), Sawtooth (ID), Caribou- Targhee (ID)
Dixie (UT), Fishlake (UT), Wasatch-Uinta (UT)

Also was fortunate enough to go to quite a few parks as well. These were some of the most incredible places I have ever seen.

Badlands (SD), Yellowstone (WY), Glacier (MT), Zion (UT), Yosemite (CA), Redwood (CA), Sequoia and Kings Canyon (CA), Lassen Volcanic (CA), Joshua Tree (CA), Channel Islands (CA), Grand Canyon (AZ), Saguaro (AZ), Death Valley (AZ), Bryce Canyon (UT).

Hope to post pictures within the week! I am still travelling headed back across the country. Hopefully I will still see some awesome stuff! Anyways I hope you all can find some nature close to where you are and get out and experience it! Its all around us but quickly getting taken away so enjoy it while you can.

โ—‹
#12 Posted : 12/4/2016 6:22:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

This might be the best thread on this forum. I'm a massive frequenter/hiker for parks. Smile

The local favorties:

โ—‹ attached the following image(s):
8652096-standard.jpg (64kb) downloaded 168 time(s).
20081106145419.jpg (1,289kb) downloaded 168 time(s).
Cedar-Falls-at-Hocking-Hills-State-Park.jpg (127kb) downloaded 168 time(s).
fa23255b4999252bcb913cb89543889a.jpg (128kb) downloaded 169 time(s).
ffc3adab01c593e722526a479d839b2b.jpg (558kb) downloaded 171 time(s).
HockingHills5-26-2009416-L.jpg (190kb) downloaded 167 time(s).
Hocking-Hills-State-Park-Ohio-Ash-Cave-53-Spring-M.jpg (130kb) downloaded 165 time(s).
upper-falls-hh-art.jpg (298kb) downloaded 166 time(s).

Jees
#13 Posted : 12/4/2016 7:10:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Scenes of magic Shocked
The photographs have been taken care off, I think of (near) pro post editing, is it personal works?
Anyhow, thx for the magic Love

โ—‹
#14 Posted : 12/4/2016 7:17:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Jees wrote:
Scenes of magic Shocked
The photographs have been taken care off, I think of (near) pro post editing, is it personal works?
Anyhow, thx for the magic Love

The ones i posted near the bottom were. But honestly when im there during peak times that's how I see the place, more or less.

Glaciers did the beautiful carving. The colors of the water and greenery 'can' really be that vibrant.. Love

Cognitive Heart
#15 Posted : 12/4/2016 7:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Leithen wrote:
You should not have to pay to enjoy it and National Forests are a great way to do that!

Not currently in the USA but I wholeheartedly agree! Nature and the outdoors is truly free and shall remain so. Great thread and beautiful sharing, folks. Smile
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

Muskogee Herbman
#16 Posted : 12/4/2016 7:58:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow Tat thats amazing. I need to go to those places!!!
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

BecometheOther
#17 Posted : 12/5/2016 3:43:08 AM

metamorhpasizer

Did you take those pics!

Some Inspiring locations for sure!
You have never been apart from me. You can never depart and never return, for we are continuous, indistinguishable. We are eternal forever

staresatwalls
#18 Posted : 12/5/2016 4:14:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes tatt, thank you for those. i recently moved to washington and have mainly been enjoying the olympic national forest but i need to check out the cascades more. that is some absolutely beautiful scenery tatt, where are the first 2 from?
โ€Ž"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

โ—‹
#19 Posted : 12/6/2016 12:21:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

BecometheOther wrote:
Did you take those pics!

No I didn't, just google pics Big grin Razz

staresatwalls wrote:
yes tatt, thank you for those. i recently moved to washington and have mainly been enjoying the olympic national forest but i need to check out the cascades more. that is some absolutely beautiful scenery tatt, where are the first 2 from?

I can only imagine how beautiful the PNW is out that way. Never have been out there ...one day though. Your guys area out there is several levels above our areas out here hehe. Very happy

The 2nd and 3rd pictures i've climbed all around. And the 3rd and 4th, when there's good rains, that area fills up and is realatively blue [not AS blue as those pics, though blue nonetheless].

[Below is some pictures I took a year or so back] The one was pretty good distance up, climbed much of the day, and the other with the downed log was fun, cool caves to explore after crossing that]. Drool
โ—‹ attached the following image(s):
grnz2.jpg (494kb) downloaded 103 time(s).
grnz22.jpg (457kb) downloaded 103 time(s).

Muskogee Herbman
#20 Posted : 12/7/2016 12:11:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont worry tat, its probably photoshop, if you send me some of ur picks I can make yours look like those I bet Pleased
Creator help me live in a way that will make my ancestors proud.

12NEXT