We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV567
SWIM's PF Tek Progression Options

Orion
#121 Posted : 3/16/2014 3:24:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've dunk/rolled after every flush and never had a contam. I usually get about 4 flushes, sometimes a fifth (albeit very sparse) flush doing it this way. Personally I believe it's not as easy to completely rehydrate the cake after a flush by spraying as it is by dunking.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Archmage
#122 Posted : 3/16/2014 10:10:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Things are going okay, I suppose.

The first flush was okay. First time dehydrating completely sucked. I've since picked up a waring pro food dehydrator. Now, drying is easy. I think I did some damage to the first half pound or so of fruit, trying to dehydrate on end of oven plate on low.

Status update is as follows.

I dunked for 24 ish hours and placed back in fruiting chamber. I'm awaiting second flush and looking forwards to a much more potent and plentiful yield. I'll post pics when fruit starts pining again.
-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

infinitynlove
#123 Posted : 3/19/2014 9:21:14 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Archmage wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:
Archmage wrote:
Guys, on 2nd and 3rd flushes. After dunk do I need to re-roll in vermiculite???

Hey there

hrm, its optional but should be avoided.... You could roll again after a dunk BUT there is the issue of increasing the possibility of contaminating your cakes.

As your cakes sit in your FC, with you spraying and fanning them several times daily, they are being exposed to all kinds of contaminants, now if a say trich spore lands on a fully colonized cake, then there is little available food for the spore to eat, so it just sits on the outside of the cake, with all the spraying it is getting it will probably germinate, but it will have no food and the outside of the cakes dry out somewhat between sprays, along with the contam resistant immune system your cubensis mycelium has, the trich spore / growth will likely die a premature death, without colonizing your cake/s.

If you roll again, you will put new verm on the cake providing better water retention, and more potential pinning points, but you run the risk of trapping any foreign spores that have fell on the cakes, between the cakes and the new vermiculite you just rolled your cake/s in. This creates a micro environment for contams to potentially take hold of your cakes.

Usually one good roll when you have dunked them after birthing, is all that is usually needed, if you ensure that your cakes are fully covered in DRY verm and then left for say 10 mins before you spray them, then usually this verm will stay with the cakes and they should not need re-rolling.

But if you are curious why not try re-rolling just one cake, see how it goes? Smile

Peace

Infinity,
You are a wealth of information... I've learned more from your several posts than from reading at least 5 books on the subject, half of shroomery, the RR complete video set and some of what we have here on the Nexus.

You are an invaluable resource to the community and I just wanted to reach out and say thank you for all of your comments - they're always welcome here on any of my posts and encouraged.

Thank you.

Hey

Woah, thank you for all your warm words, you are too kind sir, I know nothing compared to many, many other people out there, I am honored and humbled by your kindness *bows*

It is my pleasure to help sir, I am so glad you have had a half decent crop from your first attempt!

Your first time was far better than mine, you seem to have white fingers ( mycelium is white! hehe ) and I am certain that if you keep at it, experimenting with new techniques, bulk methods etc you will be a master in almost no time Smile

Keep up the excellent work sir! and thank you again for your warm words Smile

Peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

infinitynlove
#124 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:48:11 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Archmage wrote:

The first flush was okay. First time dehydrating completely sucked. I've since picked up a waring pro food dehydrator. Now, drying is easy. I think I did some damage to the first half pound or so of fruit, trying to dehydrate on end of oven plate on low.

I dunked for 24 ish hours and placed back in fruiting chamber. I'm awaiting second flush and looking forwards to a much more potent and plentiful yield. I'll post pics when fruit starts pining again.

hi there

If you temps are 75f and the humidity is above 90% then you should be good for your second flush, they often flush on a second flush really quickly, sometimes two days after you take them out of their dunk, they pin several times faster than the time it takes from birthing to pinning... I am sure you are in for a pleasant surprise!

Peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

infinitynlove
#125 Posted : 3/19/2014 10:52:25 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Orion wrote:
I've dunk/rolled after every flush and never had a contam. I usually get about 4 flushes, sometimes a fifth (albeit very sparse) flush doing it this way. Personally I believe it's not as easy to completely rehydrate the cake after a flush by spraying as it is by dunking.

Hi

you are right about rehydrating the cakes, nothing beats a dunk for rehydrating cakes.

Yes if you have great cakes, then dunking and rolling probably wont be an issue for you, but as it is his first time growing and it does increase the chances of getting a contam, then its probably best for him to err on the side of caution and not re-roll.

Why not try it with one cake, see how it goes, compare yield and pinset etc

Peace

Archmage
#126 Posted : 3/22/2014 3:55:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,
I've been off for a few days - and have not visited the site. Hope all is well with everyone... I'm going to post some pics. We call the big effer "Majumbo"

Take a look!!

Day 65!
Archmage attached the following image(s):
Day 65 (1).JPG (1,935kb) downloaded 246 time(s).
Day 65 (2).JPG (1,963kb) downloaded 245 time(s).
Day 65 (3).JPG (2,108kb) downloaded 245 time(s).
Day 65 (4).JPG (1,888kb) downloaded 245 time(s).
-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

Archmage
#127 Posted : 3/22/2014 3:58:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:
Archmage wrote:

hi there

If you temps are 75f and the humidity is above 90% then you should be good for your second flush, they often flush on a second flush really quickly, sometimes two days after you take them out of their dunk, they pin several times faster than the time it takes from birthing to pinning... I am sure you are in for a pleasant surprise!

Peace

Infinity, I have no idea what happened but it took like 2 weeks after dunk to start pinning.
-=Archmage=-

infinitynlove
#128 Posted : 4/7/2014 11:24:16 PM

Mushroom Explorer

Archmage wrote:
infinitynlove wrote:
Archmage wrote:

hi there

Peace

Infinity, I have no idea what happened but it took like 2 weeks after dunk to start pinning.

hey Smile

Yeah later flushes do seem to take longer, 2 weeks from birth to fruit isnt that long, but from dunk to second flush is a bit long, but if you are on flush 3 or later, then that is normal, up the temp, but not higher than 80f, if your cakes are stalling a bit, that should speed things up, also if after two weeks have gone by, then you could always dunk again. You could also try a gypsum dunk, for an easy way to give them some food Smile

BRF cakes often run out of food after dunk 3/4 so it could take some time till they can fruit again, and it will probably be just one big shroom.

hope this helps Smile

Peace

HumbleTraveler
#129 Posted : 10/1/2014 9:37:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

OMG that one shroom is massive hahah. Thats the Stay-Puft Mushmallow Man Big grin

"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

smoothmonkey
#130 Posted : 12/3/2016 11:33:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Old post I know but thank you all for this thread, it is extremely inspiring and comforting to a first time grower! Smile
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

#131 Posted : 12/3/2016 11:50:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but this thread is awesome.

Mush growin' is such a fun process, through and through. Never gets old seeing grow threads like these. Love

Once they pin - the speed from there is astounding. Twisted Evil

Cool thread!

kaaos
#132 Posted : 12/4/2016 1:03:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had more success tearing the cakes apart and spreading the substrate into wider surfaces. Tho it feels easier to get 2nd and 3rd flushes from cakes with the dunk technique.
Try it out sometime, cheers!
"..undisturbed by order, chaos creates balance. it is not the artifical balance of scales and weights, but the lively, ever-changing balance of a wild and beautiful dance. it is wonderful; it is magickal. it is beyond any definition, and every attempt to describe it can only be a metaphor that never comes near to its true beauty or erotic energy."

"the angel is free because of his knowledge, the beast because of his ignorance. between the two remains the son of man to struggle."

«PREV567