We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What happens as a cirtic acid / dmt citrate solution evaporates? Options

SuperRad
#1 Posted : 9/5/2009 8:04:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Since citric acid is not volatile, does the pH get very low before the water evaporates? I want to evaporate citric acid washes of MHRB, but I need to be sure that as the water evaporates the increasing 'molarity' of the citric acid wont deteriorate the DMT.

Otherwise I can evaporate HCl washes right?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 9/5/2009 10:56:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

just a question, why do you want to evaporate the acid washes?

most of the salts of dmt are not solid, but rather sticky and oily (with the notable exception of dmt fumarate).

I doubt citric acid would deteriorate dmt citrate, but what might possibly happen, appart from a sticky product as mentioned above, is having some citric acid contamination in your final product.

So once again I ask for you to tell us why exactly are you doing this and then we can suggest an alternative solution Smile

soulfood
#3 Posted : 9/5/2009 11:12:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

ditto.

DMT citrate is only really good for pharmahuacsa.

SuperRad
#4 Posted : 9/5/2009 5:42:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm glad you're curious Smile

As soon as it's dry (perhaps assisted with some drierite) I will dissolve with 2-3 washes anhydrous acetone, and filter quickly into anhydrous FASA. I like the idea of reducing a liquid wash first, because in the original FASA tek, the decanting of the CASA sounds cumbersome and time consuming, which would allow greater volumes of water to be absorbed by the acetone, and generate larger losses.