We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
advice needed on recrystallising (picture) Options

radboud
#1 Posted : 9/5/2009 9:27:44 AM

reynold

hello.

i did an STB on 200 grams of MHRB and combined the 5 naphta pulls i did. i freeze precipitated the naphta wich i first evaporated down to half of it's original volume. this yielded me some nice but yellowy crystals.
i decided to do a recrystallisation using a shot glass and some warm naphta. i had to stir for quite some time to dissolve the crystals, but there was some waxy/oily sediment on the bottom. so i poured off (decanted, right?) the naphta in another shotglass and left the goo in the first one. i decided to redissolve that as well and let it evaporate to see what happens. it left small yellow crystals on the bottom and some white ones on top. the picture below is the result.

if i gently scrape the white ones off, do you think there is anything interesting left for me in the yellow residue?

i would really appreciate any advice
radboud attached the following image(s):
recrystallised goo2.JPG (435kb) downloaded 60 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

soulfood
#2 Posted : 9/5/2009 11:10:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

yup Smile

radboud
#3 Posted : 9/5/2009 12:30:58 PM

reynold

that's good news, soulfood!!Very happy

i have already have taken the white xtals off, what would be the best procedure from this point? just redissolve in a minimum of naphta and let evaporate?

sorry for the noob questions, but i don't wanna mess up. of couse you'll understand how much it has taken me to start from scratch and even get this far Wink

soulfood
#4 Posted : 9/5/2009 12:48:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

yeah probably best. Some may not dissolve, but if the bulk of it does then it's a good sign.