We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Freeze Precipitation Clarification, expert help needed Options

hashmoney
#1 Posted : 8/12/2009 3:19:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

At the moment my friend has 2 jars in the freezer looking like snow globes with a bunch of crystals. However every attempt my friend tried at removing previous jars from the freezer turned into goo. Upon reading numerous posts on the boards my friend is going to try:

1. Removing the Jar from the freezer
2. Pouring off all of the naptha quickly
3. Immediately capping the jar again
4. Letting it sit upside down in room temperature
5. Once the jar has reached room temperature, uncap it and tilt it with a fan blowing air up and into it.
6. Once dry scrape the crystals

Does anyone see any problems with the method my friend is using??? Thank you!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

memo
#2 Posted : 8/12/2009 3:49:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would be afraid that recapping the jar and turning it upside down might still lead to problems. The residual naptha caught in the jar once at room temperature might tend to dissolve some of the spice. I would recommend that after pouring off the cold naptha to place the jar upside down on a folded paper towel to help remove any residual naptha. After the jar is at room temperature you may notice that when you turn the jar on it's side that more naptha will be able to run from the clumps of spice and then down the side of the jar. Once you get all the naptha that is in liquid form out then turn the jar over and let it air dry with a piece of paper towel over the top to keep dust etc. from getting in it.
Avatar art created by unknown Cambodian or Laotian. Everything else is fiction.

acolon_5
#3 Posted : 8/12/2009 5:46:09 PM

The Great Namah

memo wrote:
I would be afraid that recapping the jar and turning it upside down might still lead to problems. The residual naptha caught in the jar once at room temperature might tend to dissolve some of the spice. I would recommend that after pouring off the cold naptha to place the jar upside down on a folded paper towel to help remove any residual naptha. After the jar is at room temperature you may notice that when you turn the jar on it's side that more naptha will be able to run from the clumps of spice and then down the side of the jar. Once you get all the naptha that is in liquid form out then turn the jar over and let it air dry with a piece of paper towel over the top to keep dust etc. from getting in it.

YES...naphtha can get trapped in the xtals and redissolve some of them. Another thing to do is once you have decanted all of the naphtha you think is in the jar, go ahead and put a fan blowing across the top for 5-10 minutes....this will help keep your spice from turning to goo.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 8/12/2009 6:33:49 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

If your using like a pickle jar it can be difficult to scrape the crystals up once they are dried. I did this the first time and it took a while to get them all. Small glass bowls work much better. Just remember to put a top on it before it goes in the freezer.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Tasty Nuggetz
#5 Posted : 8/14/2009 12:02:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend just did the same thing, and he had no problems with that method.
The above is nothing more than theoretical conjecture and in no way should be done by anyone

corridors of my cells
#6 Posted : 9/5/2009 1:01:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Heres what SWIM does for freeze precipitation:
-let your solvent containing dmt (Jar A) freeze for a day
-prepare an empty jar with filter paper wrapped around it (Jar B)
-open the freezer and pour the Jar A into Jar B (Jar B stays in the freezer)
-close the freezer while its slowly being filtered thru the filter to Jar B
-If you notice any crystals staying on Jar A, don't bother addin more naphta to Jar A and repeating the process
-take Jar A out and scratch the crystals from it by using a knife or something like that and put them on a plate to evaporate
-then take the Jar B out when solvent is totally filtered in it take of the filter and get the crystals to the same plate

-add the solvent in Jar B back to jar A, shake it well and let nearly half of the solvent evaporate in Jar A to re-freeze for the next day or whenever enough amount is evaporated
-when you freeze next day if you dont see any crystals, let it evaporate it more and repeat the freeze-evaporate cycle few times until its saturated and producing crystals
-if very little solvent left and still you get no crystals after freezing then that means theres no more product in it