We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Volcano vaporizer - Easy Valve or Solid Valve Options

slugware
#1 Posted : 11/11/2016 9:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, dear forum.

i decided it's time for me to stop inhaling smoke and will give the volcano a try. Ive done a quite lengthy research for the last couple of weeks reading here and there about the volcano, including all the threads on the nexus regarding it. Im thinking about getting the classic one with the dial. The only thing that i can't decide yet is whether to get the solid valve or go with the convenient model.

At first, i had planned to get the solid valve, cause by all it seems a better choice. Now, i might be misinformed, but the it 'has less plastic elements' on it compared to the easy valve. The only thing that makes me second this choice is I stumbled upon many instances of users of the solid valve claiming it leaks from the strips in the plastic element, even saw it one of the volcano tutorial videos on youtube.
Now, as far as i know the solid valve is intended to do so (i guess for the balloon not to explode), correct me if im wrong.
Also the easy valve hangs better and clips onto the heating element of the vaporizer. It also has a wider surface area.

Im curious if there's anyone who has experience with both and whether that leaking on the solid valve is anything of a deal to worry about. Obviously, both valves have their own pros and cons. I'm more prone to getting the solid valve, because throwing away so much plastic for the easy one is kind of a ludacris [ i guess there is some way to change the balloons on the easy valves too, but this is just speculation, since i haven't had any experience with it yet]

I'd be very grateful to anyone willing to shed some light on that matter.
Best regards!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Chan
#2 Posted : 11/12/2016 12:17:36 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

Haven't actually used the solid valve but...the 'easy valve' is perfectly re-usable ;-)

Get the roll of 'balloon fabric' sold for use with the solid valve, and cut to length, about 70cm is nice.

Once you are ready to make a new balloon, take the old 'easy-valve' and grasp it firmly with one hand, and grasp the balloon with the other hand. Pull the balloon hard and it will pop out of the fitting. You'll see a rubber O-ring securing it to a clear plastic ring that snaps inside the orange collar.

Disassemble, and clean the hard plastic parts, in dishwasher or manually.

When dry, reassemble, using the new fabric. Seal the open end of the balloon with a cable tie or similar. Works great, no waste.

The solid-valve has way too many parts compared to the easy-valve, IMO. This way is the best of both worlds, and much cheaper than buying a set of new easy-valve balloons.
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

slugware
#3 Posted : 11/12/2016 4:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, Chan, thank you for clarifying this, mate!

I supposed there are eventual workarounds to reusing the easy valve by changing balloons. Now that i have your insight about it, im more&more likely to go for the easy valve.

Are there any other intricacies about the easy that might have to be considered by someone like me who hasn't had any experience with the volcano yet. I mean stuff that are no way to know about through reading about it or watching videos ?

Chan
#4 Posted : 11/14/2016 12:56:57 PM

Another Leaf on the Vine

You're welcome, Slug.

I can't really think of anything else to add. The Volcano is an excellent device, and the easy-valve just works as described. If you're using it for bud, it will pay for itself in no time Smile

The digital version looks real nice lit up, especially as you crawl towards it, returning from a deep journey... Twisted Evil
β€œI sometimes marvel at how far I’ve come - blissful, even, in the knowledge that I am slowly becoming a well-evolved human being - only to have the illusion shattered by an episode of bad behaviour that contradicts the new and reinforces the old. At these junctures of self-reflection, I ask the question: β€œare all my years of hard work unraveling before my eyes, or am I just having an episode?” For the sake of personal growth and the pursuit of equanimity, I choose the latter and accept that, on this journey of evolution, I may not encounter just one bad day, but a group of many.”
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

slugware
#5 Posted : 11/14/2016 11:27:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Once again - thanks for your help here, mate!

Yes, having in mind everything i read as feedback on the vaporizer there were practically very few who weren't happy with it.

I udnerstand its going to make a difference either experience and efficiency -wise.

The only thing that i hesitated about was which valve to choose, but i think im going to go with the easy valve now.

It would be great to ride the magic carpet without having to deal with lighters, flame , glass ....

but im still keeping my little friend glass bong hhaha when the occassion occurs out in nature

Blessings! Pleased

Chan
#6 Posted : 11/15/2016 9:47:01 AM

Another Leaf on the Vine

No worries, glad to be of assistance, mate.

Regarding the old magic carpet, did you already see the post I made here?
― B.G. Bowers

ΰ₯

slugware
#7 Posted : 11/15/2016 9:14:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, i saw that thread last week when i re-read all the volcano related threads on the nexus. I was looking for a particular post from a member, couldn't find it again, but coming again on your extensive review was really useful .

I've never dabbled with a vapor genie. I was considering getting one, but it being a glass piece made me second this choice. i might still get one in the future.

Your 101 thread is really comprehensive, indeed! Will be using it as a reference at some point.
I understand that the main issue is getting a thick concentrated vapor. Half-sizing the balloon seems right. I guess you can't take so much air and the vapor to be saturated enough. And like anything else i guess experimentation is the key. Im only experienced with the bong - breakthroughs 1/3 of all attemts. But my main issue with the bong is operating both it and torch lighter. After 2nd deep hit, this world starts to desintegrate, ignition seqeunce for the carpet, and if i need one more hit to go deeper it gets pretty hard to do it. Still a lovely method though.

Cheers! Pleased