We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I think I actually managed to have a schizophrenic breakdown as a result of ingesting LSD. Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 10/30/2016 1:30:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was a while ago, and I'm only writing this because I don't want anyone to experience what I experienced.

At that point of my life I haven't tripped on anything for three months, my longest break from psychedelics since I started using them. Than I managed to get hold on some pharmaceutical grade LSD, very clean stuff.

I dosed without expectations, having a free day, nowhere to be etc. It came on pretty fast, 20 minutes or so and I was clearly feeling it. Thinking I'll manage to sleep in the morning and do my afternoon shift I said to myself "why wouldn't I dose at about 17:00". This is not a trip report so I'm going to skip the part where I describe what I felt, needless to say it was intense.

I didn't managed to sleep a minute that night regardless of how hard I tried, so before I knew it was morning already and I just went with the routine I would normally do.

At about 12:00 I was feeling dead tired, and I wanted to sleep so badly but I couldn't because I should be in work two hours later.

Now this is the mistake I made which probably caused the breakdown. I drank a coffee to keep me up so I can do the shift. At various points at the time I saw visuals again, some smudge looked like fairies playing around and knowing that this isn't typical I just went by as "this is sleep deprivation and some residual hppd it will go away after I sleep".

I finally finish my shift and I think finally I will get some sleep. Than visuals start going like crazy, and I saw creepy shit when I closed eyes like monsters and some weird beings.

All I know at this point is that I am dead terrified and can't sleep regardless of what, I go into panic mode and call my friends since I'm obviously having some breakdown and I can't help myself.

I did manage to crash at a friends house explaining what happened, and stating that I can't be alone right now. I try to sleep there, ignore the closed eye visuals hoping to finally daze off but no. I get scared because I continue to see people, monsters etc etc.

After several tries I didn't move for 20 minutes, and as time passed the breaks got longer until I finally managed to go to sleep. I remember vividly dreaming about talking to a female cop that was not in a uniform, convincing her I don't have anything on me. As the time went by in the dream and I was coming closer to the moment she finds the L I jumped out of bed and screamed my guts off. It was insane...

The morning after I felt the groggiest I felt in my entire life, but I was normal again and thanked the invisible LSD entities I got my sanity back.

After this kind of experience someone would think I would never touch L again, but contrary to that I did more psychedelics than ever before in my life but of coarse taking set and setting way more serious now.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 10/30/2016 3:55:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, sleep deprivation is a killer! It is widely published that it causes temporary psychosis. Combining it with stress and over mental exhaustion PLUS psychedelics? I have no doubt you would have something like that.

Our brains aren't made of iron, we are very soft and delicate beings and things affect us greatly even if we aren't aware that they do.

If you keep having problems then go the doc and get a prescription for some atypical anti-psychs and it might help even you out and send you to sleep next time it happens. Benzos would have been your friend in that situation to. It is frightening, I know because I have been there.

hixidom
#3 Posted : 10/30/2016 11:11:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Without a test, you can't say for sure that it was LSD, much less pharmaceutical-grade LSD... REMOVED SOURCING TALK
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

AwesomeUsername
#4 Posted : 10/30/2016 11:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This was the only time I had issues like that and that, I usually know I will fall asleep eventually even when I don't ingest psychedelics.

I tend to avoid pharmaceuticals because I had them prescribed a while ago and I felt the worst in my life. I had a benzo, a sleep aid and two anti-depressants and didn't do any other drugs because doctors claimed "even smoking marijuana would cause irreversible side-effects".

They had me convinced that because I smoked weed less than 10 times over the coarse of a year that this caused my depression, and I have brain damage from this and only they could help if I ingest their drugs every fucking day.

Good thing it didn't last more than few months, but it fucked me up nevertheless. My condition even got worse.

Psychedelics than saved me from this destructive path. At that point I didn't even care if I would die because of them or become permanently ill as they suggested I wanted to do LSD at least once before I die regardless of what.

Needless to say, it changed my life.

entheogenic-gnosis
#5 Posted : 10/30/2016 12:03:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like sleep deprivation, psychedelics, and stress...

Or it kind of sounds like you took a DOx series compound...

I mean I get sleeplessness from LSD as well, and forcing a shift at work with zero sleep after a psychedelic experience is putting stress on an already unstable conscious structure...so it could have just been LSD with poor set and setting and stress levels...

Though you should never trust anyone who claims they have "lab verified" LSD, it's always your responsibility as the consumer to test your own chemicals...

When given LSD, a few rules for ID:

·LSD test kits
(In the picture you see LSD on the left and an NBOMe on the right)

·Ehrlich's Reagent can confirm you have an indole

(Non-chemical tests below ; not 100% accurate! )

·LSD is tasteless, so "if it's bitter, it's a spitter"

·LSD glows under a UV light
(I have a cigarette lighter with a built in UV light in the bottom, which actually works great for LSD ID, and it's always in my pocket...)
(Pictures from erowid)

-eg

AwesomeUsername
#6 Posted : 10/30/2016 12:11:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
Without a test, you can't say for sure that it was LSD, much less pharmaceutical-grade LSD... REMOVED SOURCING TALK

Not allowed to talk about sourcing, but yes I can. I test it regardless of the fact that I know it is what it is. Just to be sure Very happy

I've had dirty acid before and clean acid, but this one is pharma grade I am sure. Top of the crystal. If I wanted I could source even pure crystals and do a thumbprint, but that is way out of my price range and I don't see doing that much to be necessary even if I had all the money in the world.

REMOVED SOURCING TALK

entheogenic-gnosis
#7 Posted : 10/31/2016 4:33:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I apologize that the pictures did not show up, they would not download correctly and I could not post them here, https://erowid.org/chemi...s/lsd/lsd_testing3.shtml they can be found in the link preceding this sentence

If you are certain that it was for a fact LSD, it may have just been external factors, such as sleep deprivation and stress...

I have had to go to work on zero sleep, drugs were not involved, I just stayed out late with friends, and could have either tried to sleep for an hour and a half, possibly not being able to wake up again, or I could brew some coffee and go to work on no sleep...it is an added stress to have to function at 100% and interact in a professional manner when you have not had sleep , and it does take quite a toll mentally and physically. I have had negative pseudo-psychedelic effects just from sleep deprivation and forcing a shift at work alone...I imagine that had a psychedelic been in the mix, I may have had an experiance similar to your own.

-eg

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 10/31/2016 5:02:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, sleep is a vital mechanism. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture, forbidden by international law. It's sometimes being underestimated how realy destructive sleep-deprivation can be, but if you don't sleep for long enough you just die. If there's one thing that could drive even the most stable and sane person crazy, it's lack of sleep.

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 10/31/2016 8:51:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Yeah, sleep is a vital mechanism. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture, forbidden by international law. It's sometimes being underestimated how realy destructive sleep-deprivation can be, but if you don't sleep for long enough you just die. If there's one thing that could drive even the most stable and sane person crazy, it's lack of sleep.

Very, very true. Some of the scariest hallucinations I've ever had were from sleep deprivation. And the realness of it is especially terrifying, not having that knowledge in the back of your consciousness that you took some drug and that you just have to ride it out. Things get very strange when you've been up for a few days and the line begins to blur between hallucination and reality.

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 10/31/2016 9:25:32 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It was only after I had stayed up all night partying without the aid of any drugs (ok, maybe a coffee) that I realised it's not necessarily the drugs that leave you feeling weird, sleep deprivation alone will leave you feeling weird.

More than 3 days without sleep gets super weird...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

skoobysnax
#11 Posted : 11/14/2016 4:45:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

^^ This is one reason i choose to only do LSD early in the day now and in good physical shape. If it can't happen before 2pm I bail. I am a couple few years shy of 50 now so even without drugs sleep deprivation wrecks my life. IF I happen to have someone to to tend to life while I rest on a morning after I can trip a little later. Last time I had a late late MDMA session was because Mark Farina played a party and knowing that his sets are transcendent I dropped a roll at midnight, his set started at 1am and I left at 430am while he was still on after dancing non-stop. The kids got up at 7am and in spite of my wife's promise to let me sleep she said "welcome back to reality" and I got up to make everyone breakfast. Cruelty! Shocked
That one took a week to bounce fully back for this old(ish) head.
But yeah when I used to stay up for days on end I would see things and hear things, dream paralysis when i would finally rest. That was terrifying.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?