We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Do you think differently about acid after DMT? Options

dragonrider
#21 Posted : 11/4/2016 12:40:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
smoothmonkey wrote:
Quote:
If you take a too high of a dose don't you just blackout without remembering anything afterwards?

... or you experience ego death Shocked

At a certain point, ego death and loss of consciousness become functionally equivalent - if you're unable to make new memories and unable to be self-aware of your own consciousness 'you' won't be having any kind of meaningful experience. Certainly not one that you can take back.

I've heard people calling it 'white out' rather than 'black out.'

Consciousness seems to exist in a fairly narrow range of brain activities - kick the brain too far out of that band, in any direction, and consciousness will fail, even if other systems don't. There are reports of folks overdoing it on shrooms who apparently loose consciousness, while displaying very bizarre behavior.

Blessings
~ND

That is probably true. I experienced this ego-death thing a couple of times, and all of these times there was definately the fear of loosing counsciousness.

The experience i described in this thread was definately such an experience. I can best describe the ego-death aspect as lacking or vanishing 'coherence'. The counscious experience is normally composed of these facets like vision, hearing, touch, taste, etc. But there normally is also some sense of coherence: there being something that fits all of these seperate sensations together. And that thing would be you.

When i had these ego-death experiences, that thing seemed to be lacking. There was visual information and aural information as well. But no longer a fitting-together. There no longer seemed to be a coherence between all these different sensation.

Some people seem to like ego-death, and think it's a form of enlightenment or something. But i can tell you it's damn frightening. Not realy a fun thing to experience at all.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acacian
#22 Posted : 11/4/2016 2:03:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
DMT on the other hand does not have a limiting mechanism, and can therefore technically go deeper.

That said, once you get to a certain point on dmt its hard to really get anymore "there" than you are at that point. Its like if you walk all the way into a room, you can't get anymore in that room than you are. The room doesn't become anymore roomy.. Hyperspace has that quality too after a certain doseage ime. It seems like you reach a point of hyperspace where you can't really get anymore in hyperspace...

Based on very large (thumbprint) dose experiences I've read it sounds like LSD can take you far beyond what people commonly believe it's limits are.. its a differen't spectrum of dose.. but its actually not that differen't to a standard breakthrough dose of dmt.. a thumbprint could be anywhere from 100 to say 500mg. At that kind of dose its dealing with amounts in milligrams just as dmt is..

acacian
#23 Posted : 11/4/2016 2:10:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
smoothmonkey wrote:
Quote:
If you take a too high of a dose don't you just blackout without remembering anything afterwards?

... or you experience ego death Shocked

At a certain point, ego death and loss of consciousness become functionally equivalent - if you're unable to make new memories and unable to be self-aware of your own consciousness 'you' won't be having any kind of meaningful experience. Certainly not one that you can take back.

I've heard people calling it 'white out' rather than 'black out.'

Consciousness seems to exist in a fairly narrow range of brain activities - kick the brain too far out of that band, in any direction, and consciousness will fail, even if other systems don't. There are reports of folks overdoing it on shrooms who apparently loose consciousness, while displaying very bizarre behavior.

Blessings
~ND

Very well said Nathanial

Global
#24 Posted : 11/4/2016 1:34:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

acacian wrote:
Global wrote:
DMT on the other hand does not have a limiting mechanism, and can therefore technically go deeper.

That said, once you get to a certain point on dmt its hard to really get anymore "there" than you are at that point. Its like if you walk all the way into a room, you can't get anymore in that room than you are. The room doesn't become anymore roomy.. Hyperspace has that quality too after a certain doseage ime. It seems like you reach a point of hyperspace where you can't really get anymore in hyperspace...

I see your point but intensity, speed (motion), sophistication and content are all variable, even when you're completely in.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Nathanial.Dread
#25 Posted : 11/4/2016 2:16:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
acacian wrote:
Global wrote:

I see your point but intensity, speed (motion), sophistication and content are all variable, even when you're completely in.

Eventually though, you will saturate all of your receptors, which should provide a hard limit of how large a dose you can take and how 'deep' you go.

Now, if your brain adapts to DMT and you can go 'deeper' each time you take a constant dose you could conceivably push farther, but eventually you'll reach anesthesia.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Global
#26 Posted : 11/4/2016 7:31:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Global wrote:
acacian wrote:
Global wrote:

Eventually though, you will saturate all of your receptors, which should provide a hard limit of how large a dose you can take and how 'deep' you go.

Now, if your brain adapts to DMT and you can go 'deeper' each time you take a constant dose you could conceivably push farther, but eventually you'll reach anesthesia.

Blessings
~ND

Perhaps DMT is metabolized so quickly that full saturation never occurs?
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

Nathanial.Dread
#27 Posted : 11/4/2016 8:30:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Perhaps DMT is metabolized so quickly that full saturation never occurs?

Maybe, I never thought about that as a possibility. Just thinking about the dynamics of the system, there should be a saturating dose because, just like you can fill up receptors, you can also fill up the active sites of the various metabolic enzymes. It'd be a whopper of a dose, probably on available through an IV, but you could conceivably have 100% saturation of every molecule DMT binds to.

Kind of scary to think about Shocked

EDIT - it might make the experience longer though, which could add 'depth' in it's own way though. How does the brain respond after extended saturation with DMT as opposed to a more normal short-term flash?

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Psilociraptor
#28 Posted : 11/13/2016 2:29:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it has a lot to do with context. Fact is that most people eating LSD simply don't go as deep as they would in an ayahuasca ceremony or DMT trip. Doesn't mean they can't, but at least for myself there are a few reasons. One is the lack of appropriate safe space for those kinds of depths. Ten positive journeys at a high dose can not prepare you for a negative one. Reaching that territory on ayahuasca, i was really really fortunate to have an ayahuascero with 2000+ trips under his belt watching over me. At some points i was convinced the trip was over and that what i was experiencing was some sort of massive brain fry which left me actively begging people to kill me or take me to the hospital. I was desperate for relief and i didn't understand the process i was undergoing until later. The second thing for me is that 4 hours in those depths are plenty!!! Razz Break through for twenty minutes and i'm like "Big grin ". 40 minutes in i'm like "Confused" Then it's all "Crying or very sad Shocked Sick Wut? Mad Surprised Sad Neutral Sad Smile Neutral " Followed by a massive release Love

Bancopuma
#29 Posted : 11/13/2016 5:38:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

FYI.

jamie
#30 Posted : 11/13/2016 7:52:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I came to LSD way after DMT. LSD is at this moment the psychedelic I use most frequently, and there are reasons for that. LSD is so clear, you can't even see it. It's crystaline.. It's smooth and transparent and transcendent...LSD makes my body feel amazing...it is extremely versatile and lends itself very well to use as a neuro-tropic at micro doses better than any other substance I have encountered, and yet can match the depths of DMT with ease when the dose is sufficient. Mostly, LSD is just extremely beautiful. I think LSD has the perfect qualities taken from both phenethylamines and tryptamines.

Mushrooms demand more of me. I feel more connected to mushrooms than any other psychedelic, but they require more of me during the experience so I use them less frequently at the moment.

Anyway..I don't feel like DMT more special than LSD, or mescaline etc..All of these things can take you there.

Long live the unwoke.

BundleflowerPower
#31 Posted : 10/21/2018 6:24:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree. Mother Earth's wisdom has come through the LSD experience for me lately. Someone else on this thread said something like once one heals with the plant medicine, that perhaps it opens energetic channels that the healing energies which come through the plant medicines then come through. This seems to be the case in my experience. Doing LSD after having healed with the plants has been incredibly like the P Harmala and acacia confusa and the Ayahusca experience for me. Could be that something similar happens when one heals with traditional ayahusca and then experiences those healing energies come through the analog experience, and his versa. Could be that the healing energies can come through the traditional ayahuasca experience from acacias and passionflower and p Harmala. Imagine people with open healing channels who are one with Mother Earth sharing knowldge through the healing energies. Getting to know sweet acacia helped me see this. Once I drank its tea I realized that I didn't need harmalas to render it active. Whatever kind of healing medicine in sweet acacia is active for this human on its own for this human, and maybe the essence of this thread is why.

Love this thread

PREV12