We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pungent mullein Options

NotTwo
#1 Posted : 11/3/2016 11:37:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've done a conversion of 5-meo-dmt:HBr powder to freebase 5-meo-dmt. In the final stage, when I had the freebase 5-meo-dmt in solvent, I added some mullein such that the final product would be 2 parts mullein to 1 part 5-meo-dmt. I did this partly so that it's easier to weigh out exact quantities - if I want 15 mg of 5-meo-dmt, I can simply weigh out 45 mg of smoking mixture with good accuracy.

HOWEVER ...
when I came to try it I found the mullein I'd got was incredibly coarse and pungent to smoke. I'd chosen mullein because everyone says it's a very smooth smoke - but obviously not this one!

I could re-extract but I'm not keen on this as I'm bound to lose a fair bit of the product in the process and I don't have much. I'll go down this route if I have to. Alternatively, does anyone know a way to stop the mullein so throat raspingly bad?
In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Noisy
#2 Posted : 11/3/2016 1:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi NotTwo!

I had the same bad surprise in the past with mullein. It seems not all strains are the same since I got another one afterwards which was really smoother.

Nevertheless, perhaps you should try a water curing on a small quantity of your enhanced mullein. It is something we do to get really smooth weed in a short period of time. It will pull out of your herb a lot of chlorophyll, which often make the smoke harsh. As you transformed your 5-meo to FB, it won't dissolve in water.

So, to do a water curing, all you need is some water: put your herb in water, let it sit 24 hours, change the water the next day and do the same during one week. Dry your herb after this, with a fan or low heat. I would try this before to get involved in a new extraction but take my advice with caution, I'm familiar with this method on weed, not with mullein!

Hope this will help...