We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Midnight Express Grow Options

skoobysnax
#21 Posted : 11/1/2016 9:35:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

arcologist wrote:
I think you can top autos, I did it on two plants I have going now and while it did seem to slow down the growth for a bit, the yield doesn't look like it was that poorly affected. I topped them only once very early after the second set of fan leaves appears.

I used to use a wire to bend the growing tip down and the side shoots get big buds without sacrificing the top kola. the plant takes a vertical growth pattern. I have heard of using fishing weights to bend them as well. Adjust every few days.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MasonJarBong
#22 Posted : 11/2/2016 5:26:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

skoobysnax wrote:

I used to use a wire to bend the growing tip down and the side shoots get big buds without sacrificing the top kola. the plant takes a vertical growth pattern. I have heard of using fishing weights to bend them as well. Adjust every few days.

LST is a good thing for an autoflower. You can increase yield without the sacrifice of topping. Yes, you can technically top an autoflower, but it seldom increases yield (and often harms it). However, some autoflower strains with a longer growing period (strain-dependent, of course) might still benefit from topping. Hmmm.
Nothing is no thing at all.

Gone-and-Back
#23 Posted : 11/2/2016 9:15:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

LST is something I plan on incorporating into my next grow as well. I use to do topping, but heard that wasn't useful for autos. I later found out about LST after it was already flowering.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

PREV12