We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Liberty Caps 2016 *updated new pics 09 / nov * Options

infinitynlove
#1 Posted : 10/26/2016 3:14:31 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Hello fellow travelers and hunters <3 Much love from the uk Smile

This year has been really hot dry summer, which extended into October thus not providing decent conditions for a good mushroom season, shame.

All our searches yielded hardly anything, until now!

We went hunting yesterday in a new area and found a decent amount. I forgot to take my camera with me so only pics I have is of them drying. I hope you enjoy...

More hunting to be had very soon, ill try to get as many pics as possible as the season continues.

Peace

infinitynlove
infinitynlove attached the following image(s):
111.jpg (609kb) downloaded 400 time(s).
222.jpg (1,048kb) downloaded 393 time(s).
333.jpg (447kb) downloaded 392 time(s).
444.jpg (741kb) downloaded 390 time(s).
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

staresatwalls
#2 Posted : 10/26/2016 8:56:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nice one infinitylove. few things compare to finding a good spot
‎"Trust in your own wetware; your psyche and your body will be reunited." -Gracie and Zarkov

in plants we trust

DoingKermit
#3 Posted : 10/26/2016 10:59:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice haul, infinitynlove! I went out last week and found maybe one dose. I was pretty sure this was due to the warm weather and am going back tomorrow to have another look. Fingers crossed it is more successful!

teotenakeltje
#4 Posted : 10/26/2016 10:16:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes please post more pictures!

Since I have made a cyan patch in my garden, I did not go out hunting yet this year. I don't know if I will, because it also has been super dry around here.
Three years ago I found my first libs on a small shaded pasture, next to a forest. Finding the first liberty cap ever is such a special moment, I think I will never forget that!
Then, the year after I went back only to find out that to my horror the farmer had literally raped the patch with his big ass tractor Mad
I only found 2 or 3 specimens that year...
Making a woodlover patch is very easy and you only need a very small spot to harvest more mushrooms then you can eat, every single year.
Off course, mushroom hunting is much more fun...

infinitynlove
#5 Posted : 10/31/2016 11:17:36 PM

Mushroom Explorer

After a lot of hastle this week, we finally got back there for 2 hours, and found a decent bunch.

This time I brought my camera with me Smile

They look so majestic when they are on short grass...

staresatwalls wrote:
nice one infinitylove. few things compare to finding a good spot

Indeed, I receive the most joy from finding of a new patch of say 15 perfectly formed libs and they look so nice so I just decide to eat them all right there and then, sip some water carry on .... pick the rest for the basket, oooh look another patch of perfectly formed shroom, mmmm munch .... repeat .... then woops ... full insanity insues on the side of a mountain! been there way to many times, the only way to pick shrooms Smile

DoingKermit wrote:
Nice haul, infinitynlove! I went out last week and found maybe one dose. I was pretty sure this was due to the warm weather and am going back tomorrow to have another look. Fingers crossed it is more successful!

Hi, well what I always find works a treat, is fields that are grazed by sheep, horses and large cattle trash the soft ground too much so are usually bad places for field dwelling liberty caps. Try and look for sheep fields usually with sketchy mixed grasses with small streams etc, grassed hills and mountains are excellent, if early in season, you will always find the early fruiters at the highest altitude

teotenakeltje wrote:
Yes please post more pictures!

Since I have made a cyan patch in my garden, I did not go out hunting yet this year. I don't know if I will, because it also has been super dry around here.
Three years ago I found my first libs on a small shaded pasture, next to a forest. Finding the first liberty cap ever is such a special moment, I think I will never forget that!
Then, the year after I went back only to find out that to my horror the farmer had literally raped the patch with his big ass tractor Mad
I only found 2 or 3 specimens that year...
Making a woodlover patch is very easy and you only need a very small spot to harvest more mushrooms then you can eat, every single year.
Off course, mushroom hunting is much more fun...

Thats awesome, I Was planning one but a similar thing happened to my spawn, accidental destruction.
I hope you all enjoy the new pictures Smile
1.jpg (868kb) downloaded 318 time(s).
2.jpg (856kb) downloaded 318 time(s).
3.jpg (670kb) downloaded 316 time(s).
4.jpg (795kb) downloaded 317 time(s).
5.jpg (647kb) downloaded 317 time(s).
6.jpg (1,010kb) downloaded 318 time(s).
7.jpg (463kb) downloaded 317 time(s).
8.jpg (772kb) downloaded 311 time(s).
9.jpg (766kb) downloaded 311 time(s).
10.jpg (770kb) downloaded 310 time(s).
11.jpg (991kb) downloaded 308 time(s).
12.jpg (887kb) downloaded 305 time(s).
13.jpg (494kb) downloaded 303 time(s).
14.jpg (900kb) downloaded 301 time(s).
15.jpg (895kb) downloaded 298 time(s).
16.jpg (1,100kb) downloaded 299 time(s).
17.jpg (1,114kb) downloaded 300 time(s).
18.jpg (621kb) downloaded 301 time(s).
19.jpg (813kb) downloaded 298 time(s).
20.jpg (787kb) downloaded 295 time(s).
21.jpg (828kb) downloaded 294 time(s).
22.jpg (895kb) downloaded 294 time(s).
23.jpg (1,065kb) downloaded 299 time(s).
24.jpg (894kb) downloaded 298 time(s).
25.jpg (320kb) downloaded 295 time(s).
26.jpg (1,061kb) downloaded 296 time(s).
27.jpg (816kb) downloaded 297 time(s).
lovely paatch.jpg (1,087kb) downloaded 299 time(s).
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

infinitynlove
#6 Posted : 11/1/2016 4:00:33 AM

Mushroom Explorer

We found a little lizard / newt thing, we named him bob and let him go, he was hanging on the mushrooms when my mate picked em....

wish my mate had not picked him up so I could of got a shot of him standing on a mushroom.

Peace out bob.

Going back again this week Smile more picks to follow.

smoothmonkey
#7 Posted : 11/1/2016 4:06:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Love Love
असतो मा सद्गमय ।
तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय ।
मृत्योर्मा अमृतं गमय ।

infinitynlove
#8 Posted : 11/4/2016 5:19:47 PM

Mushroom Explorer

Hi there ! ... phew just got back in

I forgot the golden rule of liberty cap picking, if its wet then don't go looking for liberty caps.

Dry weather = white liberty caps
Wet weather = brown liberty caps

Brown liberty caps are near impossible to see, especially when they are mixed in with all the heather, dead grass, leaves and sheep dung....

So i picked enough for a dose and came home ... I got totally soaked on the way back too, so ill wait for better weather before i venture out again Smile

which should be in the next couple of days Big grin

Enjoy the pics

Peace
1.jpg (1,162kb) downloaded 217 time(s).
2.jpg (1,081kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
3.jpg (950kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
4.jpg (887kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
5.jpg (871kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
6.jpg (860kb) downloaded 216 time(s).
7.jpg (828kb) downloaded 212 time(s).
8.jpg (774kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
10.jpg (750kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
11.jpg (672kb) downloaded 217 time(s).
12.jpg (647kb) downloaded 215 time(s).
14.jpg (528kb) downloaded 213 time(s).
15.jpg (513kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
16.jpg (495kb) downloaded 211 time(s).
9.jpg (547kb) downloaded 211 time(s).
13.jpg (547kb) downloaded 211 time(s).

Swarupa
#9 Posted : 11/6/2016 3:46:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your pics ∞n♥

I picked a few while camping early in the season when it still quite warm, I was surprised to find a few more today locally.

The season seems to be peaking late in the South UK, I find usually mid October is prime but it's looking good out there right now, maybe due to the recent drop in temperature?

Swarupa attached the following image(s):
20161106_125822.jpg (3,738kb) downloaded 187 time(s).
20161106_130319.jpg (4,169kb) downloaded 185 time(s).
20161106_132407.jpg (3,720kb) downloaded 187 time(s).
20161106_130428.jpg (136kb) downloaded 185 time(s).
20161106_130913.jpg (122kb) downloaded 183 time(s).
20161106_132849.jpg (137kb) downloaded 185 time(s).

kolorit
#10 Posted : 11/6/2016 5:11:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have started this year's hunt the day before this thread got started and have been busy until now with picking, sometimes with a couple of friends, but most of the time alone up in the hills.

The usual fields were filled with a lot of colonies, one even carried over 30 liberty caps, most of them were medium-sized.
After almost a week, our hunting ground got crowded and soon there were not many left, so I switched to a field, which is not that well known and found the tallest ones, that I have ever seen.
(Attached are pictures with examples of both fields, I don't take that many pictures, but rather the most notable in every field)

Next week my region will be experiencing a little bit of frost, I hope that the caps will still fruit after that!

(Also attached are 1 day's worth of hunting about to dry, and the overall turnout already dried.)

Thanks for sharing the pictures! They motivated me even more to go out and find some.

kolorit attached the following image(s):
IMG_0441.jpg (1,823kb) downloaded 178 time(s).
IMG_0458.jpg (949kb) downloaded 180 time(s).
IMG_0453.jpg (683kb) downloaded 178 time(s).
IMG_0465.jpg (2,109kb) downloaded 183 time(s).

TGO
#11 Posted : 11/6/2016 6:33:06 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Very nice!

Love
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

infinitynlove
#12 Posted : 11/9/2016 4:07:11 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Phew ... went picking yesterday ... found a few, very cold about 3 degrees c, with wind chill it felt like -5 .... so Im picking away, having a good time, then as I usually do, I ate about 10 big specimens , i dunno what it is about this years crop but DAMN was i flying high, seem to be about 1.5x stronger this year?

Would late flushing with fewer fruits mean higher potency ???

sooooo ..... I am picking and I really started to feel the cold so i tried to make it back to the car, fell over twisted my ankle a little, that seemed hilarious for some reason... Then for kicks and giggles it seemed really funny to hide next to a trail from the many hikers that seemed to be about. We always go in full body cammo (avoid detection on the side of a hill), i found myself sitting right next a trail seeing if an one noticed me, as they kept on walking past and not noticing me i found it so funny... sat there for about two hours fully entertained .... when I started to come down I went back to the car and went home, cold, wet but happy Smile ... I wish I never ate any ... i would of got a lot more if I just stayed out a few hours longer and not quit e because I was so cold.... new pics attached below Smile

Swarupa wrote:
Thanks for sharing your pics ∞n♥

I picked a few while camping early in the season when it still quite warm, I was surprised to find a few more today locally.

The season seems to be peaking late in the South UK, I find usually mid October is prime but it's looking good out there right now, maybe due to the recent drop in temperature?

Hi there, yes this is the same up north, very late season this year, we had a kinda Indian summer extend into mid october, also a dry summer means mycelium web wont be anywhere near as developed ... I think your theory is correct! the sudden drop in temp is the reason for this late flushing ... Great pics, libs are so beautiful.

Thanks for sharing, please feel free to share any more pics you have

Peace <3

kolorit wrote:
I have started this year's hunt the day before this thread got started and have been busy until now with picking, sometimes with a couple of friends, but most of the time alone up in the hills.

The usual fields were filled with a lot of colonies, one even carried over 30 liberty caps, most of them were medium-sized.
After almost a week, our hunting ground got crowded and soon there were not many left, so I switched to a field, which is not that well known and found the tallest ones, that I have ever seen.
(Attached are pictures with examples of both fields, I don't take that many pictures, but rather the most notable in every field)

Next week my region will be experiencing a little bit of frost, I hope that the caps will still fruit after that!

(Also attached are 1 day's worth of hunting about to dry, and the overall turnout already dried.)

Thanks for sharing the pictures! They motivated me even more to go out and find some.

Hi there, great pics Smile yeah its a problem with good areas, they get over picked, it hard to find good fields that are not publicly known....

I love finding really tall ones with huge stems, I think they are way more potent than the smaller ones, the thicker the stem seems to be more potent ? well when they are fresh that is ...

I hear the frost kills them off but I found last year they had a huge flush after the first frosts then after that, nothing until next season.

keep up the good work sir, if you have any future good days picking please share them pics on here, I love looking at liberty caps in the wild Smile

Peace <3
1.jpg (1,172kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
2.jpg (1,016kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
3.jpg (1,255kb) downloaded 158 time(s).
4.jpg (824kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
5.jpg (525kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
6.jpg (1,120kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
7.jpg (1,092kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
8.jpg (1,047kb) downloaded 157 time(s).
9.jpg (886kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
10.jpg (939kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
11.jpg (936kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
12.jpg (486kb) downloaded 156 time(s).
13.jpg (1,074kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
14.jpg (1,297kb) downloaded 159 time(s).
15.jpg (992kb) downloaded 158 time(s).

Studio1one
#13 Posted : 11/9/2016 2:35:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

heavy snow here in Yorkshire today, could be end of season I reckon.
Quote:

Darkness cannot banish darkness, only light can do that

Hate cannot banish hate, only love can do that.

kolorit
#14 Posted : 11/9/2016 5:09:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:

I love finding really tall ones with huge stems, I think they are way more potent than the smaller ones, the thicker the stem seems to be more potent ? well when they are fresh that is ...

I read on the shroomery forum, that smaller mushrooms are more potent by weight, because the cells don't multiply after a certain point of maturity, but rather grow larger.
Don't know if that's true, but taller ones are definitely a little more squishy and tend to get ripped apart by their own weight.

lets cross fingers for the return of autumn's warmth, this season was very short.

infinitynlove
#15 Posted : 11/11/2016 2:58:08 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Studio1one wrote:
heavy snow here in Yorkshire today, could be end of season I reckon.

yeah probably, worth a visit if possible just to see if there is anything left ... last year we had a massive flush after the firsts frosts then nothing... worth a trip just in case...

kolorit wrote:

I read on the shroomery forum, that smaller mushrooms are more potent by weight, because the cells don't multiply after a certain point of maturity, but rather grow larger.
Don't know if that's true, but taller ones are definitely a little more squishy and tend to get ripped apart by their own weight.

lets cross fingers for the return of autumn's warmth, this season was very short.

yes i have read that smaller ones are more potent, but if they have a really fat stem they do seem more potent to me, smaller cubensis shrooms are defiantly stronger than larger cubes. Fresh liberty cap potency for me seems to be based on stem thickness rather than cap / head size ...

i could be totally wrong, its just an observation, it could be that thick stems increase weigh considerably so when eating i am counting numbers of shrooms not weight, so i could be consuming more mushroom mass by weight but to me its just 10 big shrooms that probably weigh the same as 15 thinner stemmed shrooms?

Peace <3

Duncan Disorderly
#16 Posted : 6/7/2020 10:24:31 PM

DO NOT READ THIS!

Excellent photos. I'm looking forward to mushroom season this year. Wink

Peace.
DD.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

acacian
#17 Posted : 6/8/2020 1:57:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool pics Infinitylove .. Liberty caps are such lovely looking mushrooms.. I have not worked with them. A lot of people say they have quite unique and special effects.. do you find this to be the case compared to other species?

Duncan Disorderly
#18 Posted : 6/8/2020 2:44:29 AM

DO NOT READ THIS!

acacian wrote:
Cool pics Infinitylove .. Liberty caps are such lovely looking mushrooms.. I have not worked with them. A lot of people say they have quite unique and special effects.. do you find this to be the case compared to other species?

Personally, I find organic trips far better than the lab chem trips, like LSD. They don't last as long, for a start. Whereas, with LSD, there's a sense the trip is never going to end as it lasts so long. 12-15 hours is far too long, for my liking. Shrooms last about 4 or 5 hours and feel much nicer and far less intense.
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.” -R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

GARGA BLARG BLARG!

Dharma Mantra Tantra

infinitynlove
#19 Posted : 6/23/2020 5:01:23 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Duncan Disorderly wrote:
acacian wrote:

Personally, I find organic trips far better than the lab chem trips, like LSD. They don't last as long, for a start. Whereas, with LSD, there's a sense the trip is never going to end as it lasts so long. 12-15 hours is far too long, for my liking. Shrooms last about 4 or 5 hours and feel much nicer and far less intense.

Agreed!

and the comedown giggles feel much more natural imho Smile