We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV10111213NEXT
Dabbing DMT: The Way of the Future Options

downwardsfromzero
#221 Posted : 10/29/2016 11:46:49 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nope wrote:
how on earth do you people manage to weigh your doses with something so absurdly sticky?

You ain't seen some of the crystals that people are capable of making, clearly!

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Nope
#222 Posted : 10/30/2016 12:28:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

the crystals themselves are crazy sticky. just moving them from one container to another spreads out some of your material in whatever you use to move them.

I suppose I'm probably a rookie but I go with moving them as little as possible, ever, then just eyeballing an amount and toking small at first to see where it's gonna get me.

I can't even imagine the ordeal of trying to smoke up and weigh doses for 3-4 of your friends all in a row.
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

fathomlessness
#223 Posted : 10/30/2016 2:45:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope wrote:
the crystals themselves are crazy sticky. just moving them from one container to another spreads out some of your material in whatever you use to move them.

I suppose I'm probably a rookie but I go with moving them as little as possible, ever, then just eyeballing an amount and toking small at first to see where it's gonna get me.

I can't even imagine the ordeal of trying to smoke up and weigh doses for 3-4 of your friends all in a row.

Then your DMT is turning to goo because it is polymorphous. If you keep it air tight in the freezer it will stay dry and not sticky. Out of the freezer and in a normal container it might last a couple days - weeks before it starts turning to goo (no loss of potency).

You can weigh up a little piece of herb, then rub that in the sticky icky dmt and then weigh it up again if it is too problematic or re-dissolve in naphtha and refreeze precip.

Nope
#224 Posted : 10/30/2016 7:27:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ah! thank you. I'm not really worried about it but I will keep that in mind.
All posts made by this profile are second hand accounts transcribed through a medium channelling an overly talkative extradimensional entity who wished to remain anonymous

"*laughter* that's the psychedelic mantra, 'I've done it this time!...I must be dead."
-Terence McKenna
"Oh yeah? Well, I once smoked DMT 3 times in 600 years, and I still don't know anything about anything."
-Mister_Niles

iracema
#225 Posted : 10/31/2016 11:55:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
iracema wrote:
I've been following some interesting threads like the vaping guide, the enhanced leaf guide, and now the dabbing ideas comming out.
The main points I learned to determine efficient breakthrough is temperature control, not to burn the spice, and spread it on a large enough surface, for better drag per hit.
So after hand on a device with temp control, tested some alternatives like stainless mesh, ceramic beds, enhanced flowers and changa.
All good in their ways, but what showed up best IMO is kind of a mix from vaporizing/dabbing, with some little 2-4mm lab glass balls, quite cheap, inert, discrete and easy to clean.
The spice seems to spread all over the glass surface as it heats up, with a great room for air flow between them, about 20-50mg goes easily in one bit hit at around 190C.
It's smoking balls literally guys, yet just another idea to play with.
Regards everyone and thanks for all the learning.

That is very interesting Iracema, I also saw some of your old threads about your Vapir No2. I searched for the Ascent vaporizer that you said you have but the chamber doesn't look as big as what you posted. Could definitely not put glass beads in there.

Do you put it in and then heat it up or heat it up and then dissolve it? I can't imagine how it would work without you burning it because it can't dab as it would take to long to create hot air needed for the dmt to float on and vaporize.

Hey! The heating chamber of the Ascent is in fact an elliptic cylinder, the volume is V=(3,14)x(0,8cm)x(0,4cm)x(1,5cm), so V=1,5cm^3. The glass beads are 3mm, that gives 0,15cm radius, with a volume of V=(4/3)x(3,14)x(0,15cm)^3, so V=0,014cm^3. To see how much beads would fit the chamber, lets divide the chamber dimensions by the beads dimensions, like V=(3,14)x(0,8cm/0,3cm)x(0,4cm/0,3cm)x(1,5cm/0,3cm), that gives V=(3,14)x(2 beads)x(1 bead)x(5 beads), so the chamber fits loosely at least around V=31 beads. The volume they fill is V=31x0,014cm^3=0,43cm^3, barely 1/3 of the chamber's volume, leaving 2/3 for air flow. The area from each bead is A=(4)x(3,14)x(0,15cm)^2, so A=0,282cm^2, that gives a total area of A=31x0,282cm^2=8,7cm^2, for the spice to spread on (almost like a flat surface of 3cmx3cm), with plenty air flow passing by. It's good to pre heat the chamber before put the spice on the beads, with a sharp needle moving around the beads as the spice melts and spreads. Then close the chamber, set the desired temp and enjoy.It's not dabbing really, only gives a convection touch to it, at 180°C to 190°C is a smooth intake, but up to 200°C or even more wont hurt.

fathomlessness
#226 Posted : 11/1/2016 5:46:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

iracema wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
iracema wrote:
I've been following some interesting threads like the vaping guide, the enhanced leaf guide, and now the dabbing ideas comming out.
The main points I learned to determine efficient breakthrough is temperature control, not to burn the spice, and spread it on a large enough surface, for better drag per hit.
So after hand on a device with temp control, tested some alternatives like stainless mesh, ceramic beds, enhanced flowers and changa.
All good in their ways, but what showed up best IMO is kind of a mix from vaporizing/dabbing, with some little 2-4mm lab glass balls, quite cheap, inert, discrete and easy to clean.
The spice seems to spread all over the glass surface as it heats up, with a great room for air flow between them, about 20-50mg goes easily in one bit hit at around 190C.
It's smoking balls literally guys, yet just another idea to play with.
Regards everyone and thanks for all the learning.

That is very interesting Iracema, I also saw some of your old threads about your Vapir No2. I searched for the Ascent vaporizer that you said you have but the chamber doesn't look as big as what you posted. Could definitely not put glass beads in there.

Do you put it in and then heat it up or heat it up and then dissolve it? I can't imagine how it would work without you burning it because it can't dab as it would take to long to create hot air needed for the dmt to float on and vaporize.

Hey! The heating chamber of the Ascent is in fact an elliptic cylinder, the volume is V=(3,14)x(0,8cm)x(0,4cm)x(1,5cm), so V=1,5cm^3. The glass beads are 3mm, that gives 0,15cm radius, with a volume of V=(4/3)x(3,14)x(0,15cm)^3, so V=0,014cm^3. To see how much beads would fit the chamber, lets divide the chamber dimensions by the beads dimensions, like V=(3,14)x(0,8cm/0,3cm)x(0,4cm/0,3cm)x(1,5cm/0,3cm), that gives V=(3,14)x(2 beads)x(1 bead)x(5 beads), so the chamber fits loosely at least around V=31 beads. The volume they fill is V=31x0,014cm^3=0,43cm^3, barely 1/3 of the chamber's volume, leaving 2/3 for air flow. The area from each bead is A=(4)x(3,14)x(0,15cm)^2, so A=0,282cm^2, that gives a total area of A=31x0,282cm^2=8,7cm^2, for the spice to spread on (almost like a flat surface of 3cmx3cm), with plenty air flow passing by. It's good to pre heat the chamber before put the spice on the beads, with a sharp needle moving around the beads as the spice melts and spreads. Then close the chamber, set the desired temp and enjoy.It's not dabbing really, only gives a convection touch to it, at 180°C to 190°C is a smooth intake, but up to 200°C or even more wont hurt.

Shocked All those numbers meant nothing to me, I am sorry I am not good at math... Embarrased

I was confused because there appears to be different looking chambers with some of them:

The last photo looks similar to yours you posted, at least in the top shaft. Does packing it in the top shaft mean you have tip it upside down, unscrew it, load the dmt in to the top part, keep it upside down and screw it back up, flip it and vape?

If you were to load say 500mg in there, is there anyway you could vape 10mg at a time? Perhaps with a lower temp setting? Or would it be too risky?

The beauty of E-cig vapes is you can load 1g in and take small hits for a long time but the problem is it is harsher to breath in than your method because of the PG/VG

iracema
#227 Posted : 11/1/2016 6:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah you're a bit confused I see.
Not 500mg but it holds about 100mg at a time, when with friends, each one pulls what feels enough, goes fine for say a 4-5 people circle.
It wont hurt if heat/pull only when needed, the excess spice stay spread on the beads inside the chamber, until it eventually runs out, only builds up residue with time.
If this method wont suit you or can't figure it out, just keep up with what works for you.
Eliquids and dabbing are awesome ways to go, really will try sometime.

zikzak
#228 Posted : 1/31/2017 10:00:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks to the contributors of this thread - awesome info.

I'm interested in trying out a portable enail for dabbing DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

Would you think this could work: loading the nail at room temperature and then heating up? It would for sure not make the Leidenfrost Effect happen - but I guess the spice would still vaporize? I'm thinking it would maybe not vaporize quickly enough with DMT but with 5-MeO-DMT it might work? (I only need 10mg to break through).

Make Shift
#229 Posted : 4/21/2017 2:18:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

zikzak wrote:
Thanks to the contributors of this thread - awesome info.

I'm interested in trying out a portable enail for dabbing DMT and 5-MeO-DMT.

Did any of you try this ROA? And would you think this could work: loading the nail at room temperature and then heating up? It would for sure not make the Leidenfrost Effect happen - but I guess the spice would still vaporize? I'm thinking it would maybe not vaporize quickly enough with DMT but with 5-MeO-DMT it might work? (I only need 10mg to break through).

True that, but you should ensure nothing more than 10 mgs of 5 MEO DMT.
I have tried both, i personally feel best to heat the quartz banger from underneath to red hot (45 seconds) and then let it cool for a minimum 45 seconds (more like a low temo dab), throe in the spice and inhale deeply and slow. Should do the trick brother !!
In the lingering moments before you die your body releases DMT‬. The same drug that makes you dream. The same drug found in every living animal. It's not an evolutionary trick to make you survive. Your body is choosing to release this drug now because it believes your fate is too grim for you to comprehend. So you dream. You dream that everything will be fine. You dream that nothing happened at all. It's in this moment that your body sits across from you. It tells you 'looks like we're not gonna make it this time.' You sit around a fire and recollect the past before soon parting ways back to the atomic ether. Your body does this because it loves you. You have never met anyone like your body. Your body has been with you everyday, good and bad. It's even kept a journal of your life carved in scars. Your eyelashes always wiped the tears from your eyes.

Sky Motion
#230 Posted : 8/5/2017 1:15:07 AM

<3

Who's done it?

Off a nice quartz nail, with a little trial and error you can find a perfect temperature for vaporization by using a timer.

Just curious who else has tried?

AlchemicalGnostic
#231 Posted : 8/5/2017 1:58:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Majority of my experiences have been in a rig with acacia goo and I must say it was an easy and smooth one hit breakthrough as low as 25mg.

I just bought a GVG a few months ago and haven't had the courage to test it out yet. Stop

But when you use a dab rig I would use an e-nail so you can set it to the perfect temperature and not have to worry about getting the timing down.
"We are the gods of the atoms that make up ourselves but we are also the atoms of the gods that make up the universe." - Manly P. Hall

Naut
#232 Posted : 8/6/2017 9:26:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have, as long as the temp is cool enough for the throat I find this to be a brilliant method to getting loaded almost instantly. I prefer it be this way if I'm not trying to paddle around the edge with the control of using a pipe to chip away hits. Also, with dabbing I have a clear experience of the body load that arrives shortly after the hit which is an awesome thing to "watch" happen.
my loopy guess is that t. mckenna is off hopping about hyperspace wielding a butterfly net analog, all the while collecting the most peculiar.

Zilsk
#233 Posted : 8/10/2017 6:32:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been reading a bit about dabbing and today I picked up a butane torch so I can finally test out my new dab rig. I just have some queries about seasoning the quartz nail, I'm thinking that it might be good to preload the spice to avoid any burning at least until the nail is seasoned, is this a good/bad idea? And is it okay to inhale from the first use? Or should it be seasoned before taking a toke?

Zilsk
#234 Posted : 8/10/2017 10:19:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, today patience was not on my side. My intention was to learn, and learned that I really need to work on my dabbing technique Big grin

I decided to go ahead and season the nail with coconut oil, putting a small amount in the banger I heated the nail several times until there was practically no oil left. I gave it a quick wipe with a tissue to clean up any remaining oil.

After a quick meditation with a nice piece of black tourmaline I felt ready. First I tried pre-loading the nail. To be honest I kind of freaked out a little when it started to vaporize and stopped heating it immediately and put the carb cap on.. The dose was quite small, but even so, not much really happened. I thought I'd check to see if I'd vaporized everything and I got another hit of about the same size. Not much body feeling, though my heart was beating so hard it felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. After this I tried the same pre-loading technique again, but held the torch on for a bit longer. Definitely got a better hit this time but still not much, so I gave it another go. This time I started to get some sharpened visuals felt a bit wavy but not much else.

The third time I thought I'd use the recommended heating/cooling times from the official dabbing thread, heat for 11 seconds cool for 18, but in the moment I forgot to inhale before dropping in the spice Embarrased In the middle of a very long toke I gave it a few more blasts with the torch and got a bunch more vapor. This was the strongest of the trips, but still quite mellow with no real visuals.

I'm glad things were on the mellow side because I definitely wasn't looking to get my head blown off and it was a good learning experience. Next time I will try heating for a bit longer and work on my overall technique. I think a better dab tool with a nice scoop would be very helpful too.

Sunnyside
#235 Posted : 8/10/2017 5:06:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have and sometimes use a banger.

It was my first "technique upgrade" from the crack pipe.

With the very hit-and-miss results of the crack pipe, I had no idea how important measuring really is.

Well, let's just say, with the banger, I learned in a hurry.

So Zilsk, yes, I would agree, you could work on your technique.
From my experience, I would not 'pre-load', because as you saw, it heats up your dose before you are even hitting the dose, let alone ready for the dose.
As the others prescribe: Heat the nail. TURN OFF THE TORCH. As the nail cools, a deep breath or 2, with big exhales. When ready, a final exhale, think about love and joy, smile the biggest smile you have, begin slow inhale and load your dose and keep hitting. Like the song says "... and then son, you're on your own...".

One reason I don't dab much any more is I upgraded again, to the GVG. As if I need another reason, the torch and what we do here just are not real compatible.

Finally, the measure. From the everything store, I picked up the Norpro Mini Stainless Steel Measuring Spoon set. I fully expected that I was wasting my $7 and would toss it. But to my surprise, the Drop and the Smidgen correspond with some useful weights for me. And I have a couple of co-conspirators who complimented me on it, so I gave the sets to them in retaliation for, well, just on general principle. They appreciate them also.

In the photo are some of the implements in my tool kit, including the spoons. The GVG, a bong, -oops, somebody didn't finish that hit-, the banger, the lighter, etc.
Sunnyside attached the following image(s):
IMG_6899.jpg (678kb) downloaded 194 time(s).
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

Zilsk
#236 Posted : 8/10/2017 10:31:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ah yes thank you Sunnyside, a little spoon like that would be perfect! This dabbing setup is also my first upgrade from the plastic bottle/foil method, which as terrible as it is overall actually works quite well. I think I will keep practicing with this method, but I am very conscious of a hot nail being in the vicinity when I eventually go for another breakthrough. My piece is quite small so letting it sit on the table and doing a hands-free pull isn't the most practical method. But practice makes perfect, so practice I will.

Oneiros_glass
#237 Posted : 9/9/2017 1:34:58 AM

The shadow of a glass man

Welp, it's been a while since I last posted, but here are some of the rigs I'm making at the moment. The top ones are incyclers that recycle the water as you take your hit Smile
Oneiros_glass attached the following image(s):
FileProxy (1).jpg (112kb) downloaded 141 time(s).
FileProxy (2).jpg (153kb) downloaded 141 time(s).

Clife777
#238 Posted : 9/20/2017 11:51:11 AM

Multi Dimensional Entity

I did consider dabbing it myself i have the EXACT same setup as you From nail to rig, i was just slightly worried the nail being to hot and ruining the spice

now ive read this im intrigued to say the least first thing im doing when i get home is dabbing it xD
Exploring the Entire Cosmos as one Entity is something everyone should see! DMT should be compulsory in college

The universe is but one floor of an infinite elevator shaft

syntheogen
#239 Posted : 9/21/2017 1:27:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting thread.
I believe ALL compounds will be available in vapor form in the future. Beyond that it will be sold via neural uplink. Big grin

Tone42001
#240 Posted : 10/4/2017 9:33:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dab with a titanum domeless nail sometimes. When I do, I heat it up to red hot, and by the time I've got my hit ready to go ( 5 secs or so ) it's the perfect temp. Works great through a bong. Breakthrough almost everytime on 20-25. I also have a machine style nail that I use through a bubbler. I will post pics of it when at home. That's my main setup, and best method. I also switched over to convection once tried. I find the experience is more consistant with this method.
" Loose your inhibition, follow your own ambition" - Dylan

«PREV10111213NEXT