We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
iboga dosage levels for crack addiction.. Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 9/2/2009 1:26:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Ok, so I am asking this question for my best friend..

He recently met his mother for the first time in like 13 years..he had not seen her since he was 9 years old. There is a documentary being filmed here on addiction on the streets, and the filmmaker came to find my friend becasue his mother is going to be in the film. She is living on the street and addicted to crack..he has been going to see her(he couldnt find her before) and she wants to quit and he wants to help her, but the wathdrawl is really bad and she needs other therapy as well..

He told them about ibogaine but doesn't know too much about it..there is an obogaine clinic about anhour from here, but it's not re-opening for a few months..and I dont think he or she has much money for that..

I wouldnt suggest she ever just go out and ingest ibogaine at all..seems quite heavy..but still would like to know if there is any benifits from really low doses in addiction cases like this. ANY INFORMATION AT ALL would be greatly appreciated. This is my best freind in the world and I really want to help him in any way possible..he really needs his mother..basically all his related family is on the steet. When his mother found out he wasn't a drug addict on the street she couldnt believe it.He really wants to get his mother back.

I am still going to try to contact this clinic here, and find out everything I can.. they even have a volunteer program I am thinking of maybe trying to look into after I finish my schooling in herbal medicine so the info is valuable to me as well..and they will take patients for other therapy/spiritual exploration as well..so I am thinking of going through it myself maybe in a year or so.. Thanks.

Heres a link to the clinic..
http://www.ibogatherapyhouse.net/cms/

seems legit..would like a real good shaman though idealy to be present..
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

MagikVenom
#2 Posted : 9/2/2009 6:21:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fractal if I were you I would get hold of some of the medicine my self and check it out. I wish I could offer something more concrete but my hands on with this possible ally is limited I was able to procure some supposed root bark but it was internet bunk

I was able to sample some full spectrum extract from a special friend and was impressed it was a low dose.
It was a mild trip.

The dose required to "reset" the Brain may very well be toxic or most certainly is but that is a small price to pay to be free from the crack monkey. Fucking bullshit crack changed the world in a very sad way.

Just me but I would not give or recommend to give something to someone I had not tried myself first. I am sure you already know that.
I know of a few people who have benefited from this and they spent a good 48 to 72 hours thinking about there redemption, it was a very unpleasant recapitulation.

If you find a good vendor please pm me!
My best to you and yours

MV

Kannamate
#3 Posted : 9/2/2009 8:28:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well until the clinic opens you could have her try salvia divinorum possibly iboga might be better,but salvia should be safer/shorter. It's supposed to help with cocaine addiction so it could be worth a shot haven't seen many documentaries about it though.

Noman
#4 Posted : 9/2/2009 9:05:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My two cents is that I wouldn't try to administer anything therapeutically unless I was thoroughly (years) experienced with the substance and trained in an appropriate therapy.
I mean, sorry, but you and your friend are probably not going to be able to dose iboga yourselves and them dose his mom and cure her of her crack addiction.
You should get her on the waiting list for the clinic and ask them for advice on harm reduction techniques and ways to keep her from bolting while you wait.
You can't do this yourselves over the internet.
Best of luck and best wishes.

jamie
#5 Posted : 9/2/2009 5:27:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Well, dont worry I have no intention of ever giving ibogaine to anyone but myself! I could never do that to another person. About the salvia, I forgot about it's potential for cocain addiction..but again..not an experience I would really want to facilitate in this situation..I would feel horrible if things went bad..I couldnt do that to my best freind..he knows too well what a salvia breakthrough is like and would probabily be quite weary of putting his mother through that experience.. maybe real small quids could help with the withdrawl though..not really sure.

Iboga rootbark is available in a local heashop near my home. I have thought about trying a low dose on myself for a few years now..but never had the balls. I am in no rush to try it..but know I will one day. The clininc I realized is really expensive..My friend is going to look into it though.

I am trying to find facilitators for aya ceremonies in the are as well, they used to happen here through TAMS(traditioanl amazonian medicine society)..but I think when harmine was scheduled they stopped and now only offer south american retreats..and again I would just not facilitate that experence becasue of diet issues and the cocaine interactions..

It really really sucks..makes me so damn angry..they have this damn safe injection site for all the heroin addicts here, dosing everyone on methadone..it's a big money making scam put forth by big pharma...They could easily open up a governemnt funded igoba clinic here and treat all of these people. Heroin and cocaine is completely rampant here on the streets of vancouver and it's like the government doesnt give a shit..as long as they can make $$ as methadone drug dealers.

It's amazing that ibogaine treatment is even available at all here..but most addicits simply cannot afford $4500 for treatment, unless they are young kids with families willing to pay..and then most people probabily would still push mainstream treatment over some obscure psychedelic plantCrying or very sad

The documentary is gong to be aired on TV sometime next year I think, and my freind has been telling the flimmaker to look into ibogain, so hopefully there will be something put in it about that at least.
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#6 Posted : 9/2/2009 5:29:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

What about dmt? I always wondered if giving a crack user dmt and saying its crack would scare them straight. It would obviously need to be done in a setting where they couldn't harm themselves or others. This could be dangerous though so it might not be a good idea.

I think one important point is does the person want to quit? If they want to quit then ayahuasca might be better as its easier to aquire and it can give people the motivational push they ned.

polytrip
#7 Posted : 9/2/2009 5:41:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
burnt wrote:
What about dmt? I always wondered if giving a crack user dmt and saying its crack would scare them straight. It would obviously need to be done in a setting where they couldn't harm themselves or others.

Maybe crack junkies have messed up their brains so much, that they wouldn't get the same effects as we.

As for the ibogaine thing. I know it's being used all over the world for addiction.

Bancopuma has posted a beautyfull story about his own personal experience with ibogaine, accompanied by a traditional medicine practitioner.

I would ask him for advice on this. He seems to have the right connections.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 9/2/2009 6:44:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, Iboga is very dangerous plant at the dosages needed for "life changing effects".
It is usually a 2-3 day process where you ingest more & more of the bark the entire time.
Not just a single, small dose!!
That might be enough to get psychedelic effects & have a enjoyable night, but it's not the same thing as a therapeutic Ibogaine session.

It is pretty much necessary to have a nurse or doctor there to monitor & check vitals as its going on because basically the person is laying there drifting in & out of consciousness & very close to toxicity levels.

Do some more reading about Iboga before doing any large doses yourself or especially suggesting it to others!!

Also, Salvia does not stop any kind of physical withdraws from cocaine, or heroin!!!!

People have talked about how Salvia helped them kick a narcotics addiction (myself included) but it has nothing to do with the physical symptoms!!!
The Salvia experience takes your mind away from the constant cravings long enough to start thinking normally again. As long as the person is no longer doing the drug & is doing all the other thing an addict needs to do in order to keep themselves clean!!

I was helped out a bit by Salvia myself, I was addicted to heroin for 8 years & i was trying very hard to keep away from it. I was on Methadone to keep the physical withdraws away, but the cravings where just too much when I was just sitting around watching TV, or coming home after a long, bad day & I was still using.

When I discovered Salvia I was only thinking about getting high!! I was expecting a short version of the LSD I used to love so much when I was 19-22.
Holy Shit was thinking wrong on that one!!!
But the experience fascinated me to the point where that free time, that used to be eaten up by dope, or by craving dope, was now being spent learning everything I could about Salvia & thinking (to the point of obsession) about the few experiences I'd had!! Where I had gone...was it real...who was that other presence I felt, etc... I had to know everthing I could learn about it!
That Salvia research also led me to run into a few DMT extraction teks!! I had read about DMT 13 years earlier & had been searching for it ever since!! Salvia led me right to it, Heroin didn't stand a chance!

So anyway, NO salvia does not help with narcotics withdrawals...it only helps to keep your mind occupied, so the craving are not the only thing on you are thinking about & it also helps to get that new perspective on your life & the universe, etc...

One last thing, Cocaine addiction is mainly a psychological addiction, the actual physical effects are very short lived. If a person is a heavy, heavy crack-cocaine user, the long term physical symptoms are a lot of times more due to the fact that they have let their body decline to a state of almost shutting down. Not eating well, no vitamins etc...the only thing keeping their body going is the constant crack!!

You do not need ibogain or any other chemical for that!!!
Just a ton of will power and the person actually needs to want to quit for themself, or you are straight up wasting your time!!!

What you should do (short of going to a real doctor) is to get this person as far away from any possible cocaine contact as you possibly can & keep her there!!! Do not leave her alone for at very least a week or two!!!
Start to feed her good & give her some nutrition to get her body working on it's own again. (this may require a doctor if the person has been consuming crack 24/7 for a long time, if so better just do it!)
And show her as much understanding & compassion & unconditional love as you can muster up!!!!! You are both going to need it!!!

It takes about three weeks for our brains to learn, or forget any habit...the action of doing the habit that is. Not the mental cravings, etc... of an addiction.
So it may take 3 or more weeks of not leaving her alone before she starts to learn new habits & hobbies to replace the crack habit.
Get her some books!! Make sure the TV works & has plenty of channels!!! Don't let her ever get too bored for those first three weeks, even if it is pissing her off (and it will)!!!
Help her to find new interests & hobbies!

Expect her to disappear on you at least once & plan for it, so she doesn't get to far!!!
Always keep in mind that this person is thinking about smoking crack at every second!!
No matter what they are telling you!!
So do not let your guard down...but do it with love!

The average cocaine addiction is about 95% psychological after that last hit wears off...about 1-2 hours.
Then the hard part starts! Not taking another hit, long enough that smoking crack is not a "normal" thing for that person to do anymore!
Then you have to deal with why that addiction happened in the first place, or it will more than likely happen again!
Good luck to you!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie
#9 Posted : 9/2/2009 6:45:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
What about dmt? I always wondered if giving a crack user dmt and saying its crack would scare them straight. It would obviously need to be done in a setting where they couldn't harm themselves or others. This could be dangerous though so it might not be a good idea.

I think one important point is does the person want to quit? If they want to quit then ayahuasca might be better as its easier to aquire and it can give people the motivational push they ned.

Well..my friend told me that since she has come back into contact with him she does want to quit and get off the street. She was looking for him for quite a while I guess but social services wouldnt give her any info, and he spent his teenage years in foster care and they were really not very nice people(I knew them)and tried to keep him from her..she though that he was on the steets as well becasue thats where the rest of his family is..Even his grandmother is there, she went through those damn residential schools so it's not hard to see why(they are native).. She does want to quit I would assume since she is participating in the documentary about addiciton on the streets..

Yes I think ayahuasca could help so many people..shes the best medicine for healing the planet in my opinion..every time I drink I basically end up in tears, feeling completely changed. But still, I dont feel qualified to facilite a ceremony like that when addiction and possible drug interaction are concerned..I still am going to look into underground ceremonies around here..I have heard that they are still going on, just hard to find since they scheduled harmineMad ..but still, it's up to the person to be open to it..I refuse to push anything on anyone.

This same friends roommate is addicted to meth..I did not know this when I met her though. Shes a really nice person and I was going to drink aya with both of them..she is very experienced with both DMT and LSD..she has prob smoked more DMT than me, but never tried aya...but when I found out she was addicted to meth, I decided not to drink with her unless she stays away from meth for a few days at least becasue of possible interaction, I am not a doctor so again wont take that upon myslef..she is really open to igobaine though and has been trying to find a facilitator she can afford..

If I do find anyone in the area that is qualified and runs aya ceremonies I am going to talk to both her and my friend and see if they are interested in doing that with me...my friend has taken lots of entheogens..but not aya yet, but he wants to. I think it would do him good and give him more perspective so he can talk to his mother and arrange something between them and whatever possible facilitator we find.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#10 Posted : 9/2/2009 6:55:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Hey warrensaged..thank you so much for that!..If this ws my mother I would do exactly that..I will give my friend that info though..thank you again.
Long live the unwoke.

Kannamate
#11 Posted : 9/3/2009 10:22:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nobuoni wrote:
A most fascinating group of molecules' that have had very little research done on them'
A 500 mg dose of Harmine hcl effects similiar end results to high dose Ibogaine'
Except the Harmine dose has non of the after effects of Iboga' ie' being psychicaly wired out'
Has been reported to bring about abstinence from cocaine and opiates and alcohol after a single 500mg dose'
Equivilant dose for Ibogaine would be 1400mg +' but you use Ibogaine to kick substances you are going to be
flying on Ibogamines for well over a month'
Harmine seems to be way gentler but effect the same resset of NMDA receptors and dopermine pathways'
Also to add this molecule is open for "manipulations" of which no doubt other active molecules can be derived'
I shall be working close with this plant alie'
Bliss

Nobuoni +

got this from the THH extraction thread page 4 don't know how credible it is,but thought it might help.

WSaged
#12 Posted : 9/3/2009 6:01:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^500mg of Harmine would more than likely result in an exploding headache!! Or at very least give you just as much, if not more of the negative side effects as the psychoactive effects. Like the presure headache...purging...diarrhea...muscle spasms...extreme hot & cold flashes...frantic thoughts...etc... All around bad MAOI overdose.

At a certain amount of Harmalas you will reach a poisoning level where headaches are one of the 1st signs, they can last 2-3 days.
Someone else could probably provide more & better info about this, than I can though.

Harmine & Harmaline are mildly psychoactive on there own, but not to the point of full on psychedelic effects.
Iboga is a weird one, I don't think there is anything that is really very similar to it.

I imagine the way Nobuoni came to his conclusion there, is probably from the fact that Harmine is the main active alkaloid in B.Caapi vine, which is the MAOI (actually RIMA) side of an Ayahuasca brew.
But without the DMT from some Chacruna or Caliponga leaves in the brew as well, it is not really very visual at all...at least not the in the way Ayahuasca is know for.

Anyway I, personally wouldn't put any stock in that statement, Iboga & Caapi are two very different plants, with two very different effects.

500mg of Harmine could potentially be quite dangerous!!!!
I do not suggest giving that one a try!!!

(unless you really enjoy severe, long lasting headaches that is)

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

HyperQuill
#13 Posted : 9/4/2009 12:00:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

What about mescaline? I've often heard it touted as the friendliest psychedelic, and you can ramp up the dosage as desired while the trip progresses without having to worry much about building tolerance (I think I read that recently in a thread here, is that correct?) While it may or may not be the best addiction-breaking experience, it may be best for your delicate situation.

jamie
#14 Posted : 9/4/2009 12:19:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yes I was thinking mescaline was well..but still I can't facilitate that given the situation..the best I can do is give over all this info to my friend..after that it's up to him and his mother..

It is a possability to have a pedro session with my friend and his roommate(the one who is addicted to meth)..my friend really enjoys mescaline and I know that his roommate expressed interest in it..does anyone know if there is any negative reations between peruvian torch and methamphetamine?..I dont think torch has any MAOI's..or not in any significant ammount anyway..
Long live the unwoke.

MagikVenom
#15 Posted : 9/4/2009 4:49:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes
Noman is right on so is WS. There are no simple answers. The best method would be to relocate or ensure that the person has NO access to Crack, but this applies to all similar situations/addictions.

Crack smokers hang with other crack smokers, they all Jones, once its gone a they become a psychotic mob, hell bent for more crack.

Then they act in ways very different form that or a individual. They become a psychotic reinforcing MOB in this situation in witch there is no logical reason.

Crack people are truly ill and can not be trusted they will turn on any one(RIPOFF) I am not judging of condemning anyone. If you have issues that is life! some smoke crack some drink booze some eat to much ect....... we are all the same and deserve = respect and compassion. That said i wont leave my wallet on the coffee table when talking to my unfortunate crack/H/whatever addicted friends. That would make me a caring enabling fool.

I could not count or remember all the folks I have tried to help with one thing or another. Most of them betrayed my trust and burned me in one way or another. I feel no anger toward them even if they screwed me my intentions are always sincere. I shall not judge and will continue to extend my hand of hope. This is real life it is neither good or bad it is life.

PEACE/UNDERSTANDING
NO JUDGEMENT
MV

PS no crack hits here in last twenty years but Ive done more than my share of GOOD cocaine and am not just talking shit I watched people DIE slowly. This is my take based on many late nights and multiple day binges. I always made it to work in spite of anything I ever did.
Most however did not. I HATE all stimulants at this time in my life dont need it my brain, is million miles a hour at all times as it is ! NO rest for the wicked get it wile you can you preachers and teachers and also you Congress man.

I will see you all when I make my voluntary trips to HELLLaughing

Dimitrius
#16 Posted : 9/4/2009 7:33:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this might help...

http://www.ayurveda-herbs.com/15a.htm

+
http://www.ayurveda-herbs.com/9a.htm

+ (maybe)
http://www.ayurveda-herbs.com/20.htm

It's not Ibogaine or another sacrament, but it could be a great help in getting through the mental/emotional and physiological symptoms of withdrawal.

I'm not saying it would work for sure, but I know from taking these myself (15a & 9a) that they can do wonders for a depleted nervous system, stretched beyond the limits, from the VERY unhealthy, compulsive overuse (abuse) of stimulants (amphetamines, caffeine, etc..). They reduce the irrational overly-anxious compulsions, the bombing neurochemical depression, the rigidity in the spine and body, the mental fragmentation/shattering, etc... Beyond that they actually nourish, protect and rebuild the nervous system.. detoxify it.. balance it.. etc...

I don't have experience with crack, but I have with cocaine and I know, that if i were about to quit a coke addiction, I would have these in place for when I did.. along with the rest of the environment and support needed for such a recovery.

They are safe too. If for some reason she took these and smoked some crack, it wouldn't have any negative interaction. She might have a little more energy than usual (I'm not trying to be humorous), but that's about it.

Anyway, it's something immediate, safe and positive that could be considered. It might help in beginning the process... along with the support and compassion of course.

I wanted to contribute my bit. Maybe it helps.

"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

rahlii
#17 Posted : 9/4/2009 11:58:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check table 1 on page 242.

http://www.ibogaine.desk.nl/ch13.pdf

Closest i've ever found to reliable iboga dosage info.

I haven't used this dose info so please be careful if you plan to do so.

From where is the noise?

druggalo
#18 Posted : 9/12/2009 11:31:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ingestin ibogane takes yah 2 meet THa 'wise plant teacher' or tha 'ibogaine spirt entity' and it ridiculez yah and makes yah feel stupid fer doin crack and bein a slave,(SWIM doesnt do that bs) this particular being told SWIM he waz beddah off ------------ cuz SWIMZ sum sort of hybrid alien cyborg android and cant function properly in this planets poisonous climate. SWIMZAH tortured soul that pretendz tah forget his kingship in tha land of grace, dah ibogaine being also said -----------------------------
just str8 distruction,
adding that shyt like dmt iz ah magical healing potion fer tha mind, body & soul.

WSaged
#19 Posted : 9/12/2009 4:39:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

druggalo wrote:
dah ibogaine being also said ----------------- it'z tha rox that have no benifits whutsoeva.

Hey druggalo, Suggesting that heroin is anything but a horrible, useless torture on a persons mind & physical body is bullshit & not very wise!!!
I don't care what kind of "spirit" told you that, it's crap & dangerous to suggest to other people!!
I know this from over 8 years of personal experience hell...

You should edit that out of your post & keep opinions like that to yourself!!

Also, how about writing in way that doesn't require everyone to try & figure out what your are attempting to say.
Most people will just skip over messages that are a pain in the ass to read like that!!

The text message-style typing is very irritating!!

WS

MagikVenom
#20 Posted : 9/13/2009 4:05:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

druggalo wrote:
ingestin ibogane takes yah 2 meet THa 'wise plant teacher' or tha 'ibogaine spirt entity' and it ridiculez yah and makes yah feel stupid fer doin crack and bein a slave,(SWIM doesnt do that bs) this particular being told SWIM he waz beddah off ------------------ cuz SWIMZ sum sort of hybrid alien cyborg android and cant function properly in this planets poisonous climate. SWIMZAH tortured soul that pretendz tah forget his kingship in tha land of grace, dah ibogaine being also said -----------------------------.
just str8 distruction,
adding that shyt like dmt iz ah magical healing potion fer tha mind, body & soul.

WS that is a ridiculous line in a nonsensical post! I would suggest the whole post be edited none of it makes any sense as near as I can tell.

PEACE
MV

12NEXT