We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
Phenylethylamine: The Grandfather of Psychedelics Unveiled Options

dragonrider
#41 Posted : 10/23/2016 4:40:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wira wrote:
Hi acacian,
so what's this "chocolate" stuff do you think?
Regarding your phenethylamine experience, what was the source of that, eg. isolated from a plant, or synthetic pharmaceutical? Btw I hope no one's getting confused with phenylalanine which is an easily purchased amino acid.

It's probably just the combination of theobromine, caffein and Sugar. PEA is in so many foods, from sauerkraut to peas. The quantities are probably too small to have any effect. And then chocolate also contains anandamide, choline and magnesium.
But the thing is, if you try to eat as much chocolate as possible, you'd probably be sick from all the Sugar and caffein, way before noticing any effects from any of those substances.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

downwardsfromzero
#42 Posted : 10/23/2016 11:58:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
wira wrote:
Hi acacian,
Regarding your phenethylamine experience, what was the source of that, eg. isolated from a plant, or synthetic pharmaceutical? Btw I hope no one's getting confused with phenylalanine which is an easily purchased amino acid.

It's probably just the combination of theobromine, caffein and Sugar. PEA is in so many foods, from sauerkraut to peas. The quantities are probably too small to have any effect. And then chocolate also contains anandamide, choline and magnesium.
But the thing is, if you try to eat as much chocolate as possible, you'd probably be sick from all the Sugar and caffein, way before noticing any effects from any of those substances.

Try eating cacao instead Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pitubo
#43 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:11:50 AM

dysfunctional word machine

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Raw cacao beans. No sugar, all the buzz.

dragonrider
#44 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:40:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
dragonrider wrote:
wira wrote:
Hi acacian,

Yeah, okay, but a caffeïn or theobromine overdose would be bad too. Raw cacao beans are very rich in theobromine. If you've ever tasted pure theobromine you'd probably recognise it immediately, even. That probably explains the buzz pitubo mentions.

nexalizer
#45 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:52:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

Yeah, okay, but a caffeïn or theobromine overdose would be bad too. Raw cacao beans are very rich in theobromine. If you've ever tasted pure theobromine you'd probably recognise it immediately, even. That probably explains the buzz pitubo mentions.

More than a buzz, according to a recent podcast episode that I listened to:

http://www.psychedelicmi...om/podcast/rebekahshaman

Cocoa is heavily mentioned, more on the 2nd half iirc.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

acacian
#46 Posted : 10/24/2016 2:58:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wira wrote:
Hi acacian,

Hey wira, I am not 100% sure but based on the look of it I would say most likely synthetic since it was apparently pure phenylethylamine crystal.. "chocolate" (the way its said in the johnny depp movie) was the slang they used for it. I won't go into sourcing other than that it was sourced from the internet (its widely sold as an energy supplement) ...there are already many reports about its brief but powerful psychoactive effects on the net.

the taste was very bitter like an alkaloid.. it was a glassy white crystal.. it didn't seem like a conglomeration of compounds as suggested by dragonrider

As far as the safety of consuming the amounts required for effects I am not sure.. it doesn't seem like something that would be too good with prolonged frequent use and its a pretty overwhelming experience and should be approached with caution

downwardsfromzero
#47 Posted : 10/24/2016 10:28:13 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:
dragonrider wrote:
wira wrote:
Hi acacian,

FWIW, an ounce or so of cacao paste has more of a buzz to it than mere caffeine. This is from material where two ounces was recommended for "ceremonial purposes". So I hazard to suggest that the other components do begin to have a noticeable effect beyond the methylpurines. (And it's likely a synergy.)

That said, one guy I know ended up with some kind of gastric problems from overuse of cacao so caution as ever is warranted.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

acacian
#48 Posted : 10/24/2016 10:42:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cacao gets too jittery at high doses for me.. phenethylamine on its own was warm, fuzzy and very trippy.. visually it reminded me a lot of low doses of dmt/psilocybin but with the overwhelming euphoric rush not unlike mdma (more uncomfortable though)... there was an enhanced detail of surroundings.. Differen't to caffeine all together - but also differen't to cacao..

downwardsfromzero
#49 Posted : 10/25/2016 10:50:34 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sounds like a compilation of plant sources for PEA would be a good thing. And to think I contemplated trying the stuff two decades ago but wrote it off as 'surely inactive' on the basis of its ease of MAO destruction. I'm now intrigued!

PREV123