We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Healing qualities of DMT? Options

Boing
#1 Posted : 7/31/2016 7:14:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi sky-walkers

I just yesterday took my first trip of DMT. Wanting to access hyperspace and not having much time with us all being parents (!) we went straight in with 40mg.
I took it cleanly in one hit, finishing the pipe I nearly exhaled as the intensity came on but my friend reminded me to keep it in.

My eyes were apparently open, yes I remember the space in front of me becoming black with a shiny grid pattern over, it was very deep, dimensionless, my friend was in it, just like an Alex Grey picture, in the grid with his chakras shining.
There was some noise but can't remember to describe it,
Then I think a slight sensation of falling back into something but then a blank.

I think I had something going on but I can't remember it! I have a memory of something to do with information downloading to me but I have no conscious recollection and don't know where that thought or me worry comes from.
Then I remember coming into this beautiful world of incredible colour, depth, dimension, it was swirly etc like a classic psychedelic experiment but much, deeper, more real. I was still not aware who I was then for a short while, then I experienced a judder and felt myself come back into the room, and get a flash of who I was and what iwas doing, I spent then some minutes between worlds and tripping heavily with colours.
As I was returning I felt this psychedelic world change from love and wonder into what I would call fourth dimension, when snakes (symbols of time) and a few darker twisted images, appeared , There was nothing demonic but I didn't like this but so much and as I became aware again of the third dimension I tried to return quickly. I felt a bit 'hot and bothered' couldn't keep still and felt compressed.

I found it hard coming back to earth, a sense of relief too but I felt heavy and disappointed, the world looked flat, pretty much 2D.
I felt massive rushes of warm energy washing up my body, Kundalini energy, but I was too wasted still to be mindful,of what to do with it, so just let it come.

I suffer badly from depression and anxiety, which was my main motivation, my friend had experienced a great relief of these after DMT but I'm not sure how different I feel. I feel sadly normal like before, I guess I was expecting something, never a good idea.

Has anyone here worked on depression or anxiety with DMT?

My question is do you get to know what to do in hyperspace better? Do you learn to interact and get shown more? I felt very much an observer in the swirly world, saw lots of patterns and Buddhas but no entities. I as just in awe I think.
Although as I say I don't know what happened at the beggining. It all felt like it lasted about 30 seconds, but apparently it was 6 minutes and 30 until I stopped tripping altogether.

I felt so tired after too, does anyone else feel tired?

Maybe I could take less and remember more?
Maybe I would be better with Ayuascsa for healing
I sense there is indeed much more, that I was shown a small snippet, if I try again might I be more able to be involved a bit?
Or maybe something is just happening on the subconscious without any sensory awareness

Anyway it bloody beautiful
I want to go back again 🙂
But it was also quite a shock to the system

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Studio1one
#2 Posted : 7/31/2016 8:05:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can feel tired and a minor headache from dmt but not always. I also feel the need for a shower after a journey as it makes me hot and sweaty, plus the shower feels incredible and cleanses mind as well as body. This is going to be controversial but straight up smoked free based, whilst incredible, I often don't find very valuable. If you want to work deeper within yourself I suggest aya is a better method or at least some oral caapi / haramalas before smoking.
Quote:

Darkness cannot banish darkness, only light can do that

Hate cannot banish hate, only love can do that.

Running Bear
#3 Posted : 7/31/2016 8:04:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't see freebase DMT doing much for depression. When your flying through other dimensions a million miles per hour its kind of hard to think about your problems Laughing ..
I would try Psilocybin mushrooms, ayahuasca or pharmahuasca.

Felnik
#4 Posted : 7/31/2016 11:41:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dmt and low dose mushrooms are a great combo for depression.
The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke

http://vimeo.com/32001208

DoingKermit
#5 Posted : 8/1/2016 10:22:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I too recommend mushrooms for depression. I have had small bouts of feeling low and mushrooms really helped me in that respect. Also try looking into microdosing them. I have a friend who has had his life completely changed for the better by doing this. But we are all different, so try find whatever works for you.

MountainTraveler
#6 Posted : 8/2/2016 10:01:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey this is my first post on this site so hello everyone.

Hmm never had DMT myself yet (planning on doing so soon) but I have heard if a few people using it for 'healing' and things of that nature. It apparently gives the effect of rejuvenation and mindfulness similar to Psilocybin Mushrooms and Ayahuasca.

From the way DMT sounds though it might be a little too jaw dropping, fast paced and overwhelming to be using for healing depression or anxiety. Plus a lot of users don't really remember much from the experience but the emotional and mental impact stays.

From what I have heard so far the main difference between things like DMT and mushrooms (and even ayahuasca) is that mushrooms seems to 'give you all the answers you need' as people describe it whereas DMT just seems to give you more questions than anything and it's less personal.

Personally I think all the natural ancient tryptamines have incredible healing powers that nothing on this earth could match. For example Iboga and it's healing effect on addiction, I don't think you will find a greater more effective or transformative medicine on the planet than Iboga and same with Mushrooms and Ayahuasca.

From what I've read:
Iboga - Addiction
Ayahuasca - PTSD/Trauma
Mushrooms - Depression

I really think those are those substances' main functions in terms of healing. So maybe look into some more traditional 'shamanic' entheogens if "healing" is what you're looking for especially if it's depression however I've heard of some pretty magnificent and beautiful breakthroughs on just pure DMT which left the individual no longer aware of any darkness or depression.

goddard
#7 Posted : 10/25/2016 9:53:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i dont know about depression , but since i did dmt a few times i seem to have lost a lot if not all of my social anxieties
maybe its becuase all the human bs doesnt seem that important to me anymore i dont know
i only know i am much more secure now then i was a few weeks ago
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
― Hermes Trismegistus

rOm
#8 Posted : 10/26/2016 8:20:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think what help more against depression from my experience was more the harmalas than the DMT itself.
But as you said, when you expect something to do something, sometimes you get alittle disappointed.
I used syrian rue either brewed, or extracted ( lots of teks here for that ), and was taking it daily for one week, then some days off, then few days.

Maybe do a little vape or pharmahuasca in the weekend.
The first time I did that it did help a lot.

Also iboga or mushrooms microdoses seemed to help at times. But iboga being a bit scarce at the moment the quality dropped, so might be better to choose other option ( such as harmalas from rue and microdose mushrooms ).

Then, to be honest, pretty much any entheogenic like substance may help, but it's not granted.
Sometimes with higher dose ( normal dose, not microdoses ) you got to see the origin of your burden and have to work it out within the psychedlic session. It tend to become heavy and not easy to live during the tryp, but if you look at it and work with your consciousnes, it can be pretty much sorted after.
At least it stop bothering you all day, everyday. I did that for exemple for rupture with a girlfriend with LSD, also I did do some salvia which helped sometimes when I was working on bad habits.

But truly I start to think for this mental reporgramming, just try and see what psychedelic substance suits you best to work with. And with doses.
But, I'd suggest you do work with syrian rue and / or micordose mushrooms on a more consistant basis. you do'nt need necessarily to take those everyday. Every few days or a few days in the row then a few days off works a charm.

Good luck, and keep working on your general well being too ( exercize, food, home and activity plays also a role ).

Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !