We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is your view on other non-psychedelic drugs? Options

AwesomeUsername
#1 Posted : 10/23/2016 3:36:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am thinking about this topic a lot actually, and I decided to share some of my own views on some stuff that I know from experience but also hear other peoples opinions so lets go...

Alcohol - I never liked this one. I suppose people liked it because it makes their mind cloudy and that makes life generally temporary less stressful. Not for me, I have the same old worries but I can't think straight so I end up saying and doing something stupid. The hangover afterwards is the worst part, you feel like absolute crap, and know you didn't get rid of stress even temporary and now you're all confused and ashamed that you didn't accomplish nothing but more problems. As you needed more than you have.

Cannabis - Although it has its moments I kinda feel like I've outgrown this one. Sure it can be nice to relax and also bring some feelings of tripping back without actually tripping but it is essentially nothing too special but isn't harmful either. A nice treat, I have nothing against the use of it but not something I would partake in a lot or often.

MDMA - As strange as it sounds, I don't find this substance enlightening at all. It feels very forceful and fake. Sure, you're artificially happy but your inhibitions are lowered to the max and you end up saying and doing things you regret the next day. Also the body load can be terrible. I don't care for the insomnia as well and the fact that I can actually feel the neurotoxicity the next day. No drug is worth brain damage, even if temporary especially if it is as bad as this one.

Cocaine - Felt nice while I had the rush, and by the time the rush wore of I had increased self confidence and appreciation of everything I had. The stuff I usually loved seemed more enjoyable on coke, and It was actually a more natural feeling of happiness resembling the one you get when you actually accomplish something. It is over in no time and makes you wonder where did all this positivity go and why do I feel like a piece of shit now and have intense cravings for more? Pretty harsh for a short mood lift.

Amphetamines - I used to love them until I found out I'm becoming what I always resented. Long story short, nowadays I don't view it as anymore than it actually is. Artificial wakefulness. It doesn't make you any more productive, or smart, or even faster. You're the old same idiot that happened to be restless and nervous about practically nothing. It depraves you from sleep, food and turns you into a greedy restless bastard.

Opiates/opiods - Like cocaine, they feel nice but on a "downer" way. It feels like you accomplished everything you needed and can relax now. Even if you have stuff to do you just blow it off and think "not important I'll just enjoy myself", all your problems seem to melt away and you just don't care about the bad stuff because you're aware that stressing about it won't change your situation. There is also a bit of this loved up feeling which is more natural than that of ecstasy and quite pleasant. This also doesn't last too much, leaving you feeling why can't you always be that calm, centered and happy.

Dissociatives/deliriants - I have never done them so I can't comment much on them, however reading up experience reports on them never sounded appealing to me in any way. Regardless if some might enjoy it. I wouldn't like to experience those on my skin.

With all that being said, I now use only psychedelics. I feel that the message you get from those type of drugs are here to stay and help you to feel those ecstatic feelings in your sober life instead of a very short temporary relief if that too. Psychedelics aren't always fun, but it doesn't matter. Even with the anxiety once you get pass a challenging psychedelic experience it puts you in a very interesting headspace. I find this type of headspace to be the most interesting, and offering the most hence they are my favorite types of drugs.

What are your views on other drugs?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

BioBoostedSpirit
#2 Posted : 10/23/2016 11:43:20 AM

ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

AwesomeUsername hey !!

Nice thread you bringing upThumbs up
Here is what i think about those drugs..

Alcohol - Also never liked this one . Generally, i just can't understand this "drinking a lot of alcohol" stuff. Maybe most of people doing it , because its the only legal drug they can buy and the only way they can change their perception a little. Of course alcohol can bring some fun in a club, but as you mentioned, this funny stuff is mostly silly things. The hangover part .. you said it .. Smile
I can understand if people like a glass or two of wine , whiskey or other drink in the evenings so they can relax. But drinking until your brain is gone ,its just wrong.

Cannabis - Also had many nice moments with it and also outgrown this one. Sometimes tho , when im tired and stressed , i like to eat some cannabutter. But those moments are rare.

MDMA - First of all , im sorry about being harsh here , but this substance is pathetic and fake.

Cocaine - this one is weird X) Yes ok, it has very nice high and rush , but that's it. Now comes: its too expensive for this kind of experience , very short , makes you an egomaniac and pushes you to make wrong actions. Also the hangover has very dirty feeling to it. I truly believe cocaine is evil and a no no thing. But maybe just a little on a New Years eve with some alcohol is ok , AND for free of course X)

Amphetamines - Basically i agree with everything you said here. I tried them a couple of times and its also pathetic. Once again sorry for harsh judgement . For me , its a no no even for free .

Opiates/opiods - Here , i can't express my opinion. Never tried any. But lot of folks sayings same things as you said.

Dissociatives/deliriants - Also haven't got any experiences. Love experience reports tho. Actually i have some interest in deliriants such as Datura. If i had a close buddy doctor to take care of me in case of bad overdose , i would totally give it a try.

Benzodiazepines - Tried Alprazolam a couple of times, nothing special. Wouldn't mind taking some on long distance flights or boat trips to kill some time , nothing more.

I agree with you about everything you said about psychedelics. Those are my tools also. Btw, i use only nature's substances such as Psilocybin , Mescaline and Dimethyltryptamine with Harmalas. I used to use a lot of Lsd also , but stopped experimenting with it cause of egomania as side effects. I just hate that state of mind. But on the other hand i believe Lsd is the greatest substance ever made by human.

Well, thanks for readingPleased

Be well always everybody

Best regards

Imperare sibi maximum imperium est.
“To rule yourself is the ultimate power."
Seneca

dragonrider
#3 Posted : 10/23/2016 6:16:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Alcohol: a couple of beers gives a nice lightheaded feeling. But don't make the mistake of thinking:"ah, that feels nice, i want more of it".

MDMA: yeah, nice. Not realy something to do very often.

Coke and amphetamines: boring.

Cannabis: cannabis can be psychedelic if not taken too often, because then the magic wears off of it and it becomes more like an ordinary sedative. Oral cannabis can be realy fantastically psychedelic and euphoric.

Opiates: the only opiate i have experience with is kratom. I like it but it's not realy like it opens up a whole new world or something.

benzodiazepines and GHB: feels like toxic waste to me. I hate it. I prefer a couple of beers over any other GABA-ergic. Though 'the wolf of wall street' made me curious about that lude-stuff. I don't think i'm realy gonna try it though.

NDMA-antagonists: Nice, but not nearly as nice as classic psychedelic's. Except for ibogaïne. I realy like ibogaïne. When it's taken in small bits over the course of one or two days, there is no nausea and puking and it's realy entertaining. Very psychedelic. Even compared to ayahuasca, LSD, mescaline or shrooms. Though ibogaïne is not something to do very often either. It would probably wear you out.

Tommi
#4 Posted : 10/23/2016 6:52:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In my eyes, non-psychedelic drugs are in certain case spiritual as well, but they do not infuse you with consciousness, but rather reflect your own consciousness with certain differentiations, depending on the molecule of the substance. There is no need to dislike something if it does not work for you. It works for other people, and you must solve the mechanism of each drug to fully enjoy it.

I see hate on my favorite thing, MDMA, so I'd suggest that it "xplodes" your ego energy positively, so the calm emptiness after that can be used, to stay calm? Though, if you are egoistic, prepare for bad empty negativity after the course. It's a bit evil in the way, you start feeling like an ant dragging food to your formicary. But just play the role, keep calm and stay in spirit. Peace.
Remember... 8 is infinity spelled sideways!

Build:Apotechary

ducdevil
#5 Posted : 10/23/2016 7:43:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

what a great thread - thanks for initiating this discussion.

here's my take on listed substances:

Cannabis - i have used it on and off almost all of my adult life, but no more. when i first began it was a different drug than it is today, in my opinion. i am old enough that back in the 70s and 80s, you could smoke a bowl or a joint and enjoy your activities, those around you and the high was pleasant. i feel now, with the advent of hybridization and growing for higher THC content, the "nature" of the high has changed a lot. it's too strong for me now. i almost always get a paranoid tone to my high; it doesn't feel like the benign weed i used to enjoy...feels more like a narcotic. and that's just high percentage THC flowers; i can't even go near concentrates. some people can tolerate it well - it's not good for me anymore.

i never thought i'd have mixed feelings about the proposition on the ballot to legalize it. i'm voting yes, of course, but mainly because i feel the government has no right dictating what we can and cannot ingest. but i think people are a bit naive; pot is not harmless. and, in my case, i feel it can be addictive.

Alcohol - i don't drink much, mainly because it makes me queasy. i like a good single-malt scotch occasionally, but i don't like getting drunk. makes me feel stupid.

Cocaine - almost killed me in the 70s and 80s. if there is a Satan-as-drug...to me it's coke. i was a slave to it. 'nuff said.

MDMA - this is the medicine that has changed my life. i have never taken it recreationally, but i have used it many times in a therapeutic setting. my therapist works with "medicines" and the impact it has had on my healing is beyond description. i feel that it is perhaps the single most important medicine on the forefront of healing trauma today. i support MAPS fully.

i'll stop here - the others are not really applicable to me.

like others have stated, i only use psychedelics in my personal work now. i look for things that bring me clarity, not fog things up. as my therapist says, "i like teaching medicines."

thanks for reading...

dragonrider
#6 Posted : 10/23/2016 7:55:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe some of you people didn't have pure MDMA. Maybe it wasn't even MDMA. It's not supposed to make you lose all your inhibitions like when you're drunk. And it's not supposed to leave you with a neurotoxic kind of feeling either. Maybe it's the dose though. Many of today's pills have up to 200 mg MDMA in it. Or more even. That's just way too much. I would never take such crazy amounts.

universecannon
#7 Posted : 10/23/2016 8:47:25 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Cannabis and MDMA are quite psychedelic for me personally. Cannabis in particular has been a life long tool for deepening experience/perception in a variety of areas... It's opened up my eyes in countless ways and is a serious tool/medicine for some when used a certain way. Apart from that I stay away from everything else except the occasional wine glass or two.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

nexalizer
#8 Posted : 10/23/2016 10:49:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis: Wonderful in extreme moderation, (1-4times/mo), a lot of creativity, mild synesthesia, playing music is a lot nicer (incredibly so - the synesthesia helps)

Unfortunately, even at such moderate use, hangover the next day.

MXE: Wrote about it recently (see here). Fascinating substance.

Phenibut: Little gem. Very subtle, and it will only ever kick in if I don't eat 3h before and after consuming it. Great for socializing, great for practicing anything.

More creative, some euphoria/bliss, very minor visual enhancement.
Does wonders to music too, though I don't care too much to actually play on it.

MDMA: Incredibly special. One of my favorites, even today. Limit it to 1-2 times a year, every experience is magical, as good as the first time.

Have done it solo twice, incredibly therapeutic. If with company, it has to be the right people (open and caring), or there's a block.

Amphetamine: Amazing with no tolerance. Don't really do it often at all - it cannot be sustained.

Modafinil: For when I need to be awake and sharp and have not slept very good, as a last resort (if there's something really important to do). After about half an hour, the tiredness/mental fog will disappear completely, and I feel as if I rested well - this is on 25-50mg, 100mg is too much for me, too wired and unemotional.

Tramadol: Tried it a couple of times, fun times, but concerns about seizures (though I never had any) plus very quickly mounting tolerance resulted in eventual disinterest. It was fun though.

Alprazolam: Tried it two times to get an idea of what a benzo feels like. Disappointing, could have been the dose though. No desire to repeat.

Beta-blockers (bisoprolol): Extreme, clearly artificial calmness. And a 40 BPM HR. Could be useful for public speaking on lower doses, in fact I read some people do indeed use it like so

"AwesomeUsername" wrote:

What are your views on other drugs?

Plenty of interesting stuff out there, besides the psychedelics.
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

TGO
#9 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:04:17 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Interesting thread and responses so far!

Cannabis: I used to smoke all the time, pretty much all day but as I grow older, I'm finding that I smoke a lot less. Now, I typically use it at the end of the day or before bed only. A very beneficial and interesting plant and one that I've been with the longest. Potent edibles have put me in visionary states before so for me, I consider cannabis to be psychedelic as well.

Alcohol: This is an unpleasant beast I've fought for a long time. Sure, it can build confidence but it also makes you sloppy and then ashamed and/or sick the next day. Extreme moderation is key with this one although it is easy to overstep those bounds. My eventual goal is to remove this substance completely from my life and I am well on my way to completion.

Meth: One of the worst substances out there and I got tangled up in it's web for nearly two years of my life. I'd be up for days becoming increasingly more paranoid with each passing minute. I lost my car, my job, my apartment, more than one girlfriend, my friends and was becoming increasingly more distant from my family too because of it. I weighed 100 pounds and looked like a skeleton. It was a frightening time in my life and a time that I still have trouble understanding why I did that to myself. After becoming homeless and having a nervous breakdown of sorts, my family came to the rescue and took me home, away from the whole scene so that I could recover. I also quit cigarettes at the same time! Talk about being on edge...This drug will destroy you and everything you hold dear if you let it into your life. Not worth it in the slightest.

Cocaine: I first tried this during my meth phase and was not impressed. My mentality at the time was, "why do this for 30 minutes when meth keeps you flying for days!?" ... As you can see, my priorities were in all the wrong places at the time. Thankfully my relationship with cocaine was very short only trying it about 4-5 times.

Opiates/Opioids: There was a time in my life where I just wanted to escape from it all which led to a series of terrible decisions. These were the types of substances I was into before the meth phase. I was always numb...physically, mentally, and emotionally but it never lasted which would drop me lower than I was before I took anything thus creating a vicious cycle. The cycle went on for years moving from drug to drug. I wasted a lot of precious time. Again, not worth it at all, IMO.

So besides my family, psychedelics played a large role in helping me develop a state of sobriety, particularly mushrooms. They showed me that there is much more to live for than that "next rush" and put my life into perspective. Living without serious addictions has led to contentment, an ability to be at peace with my life and my current situations. That is what was missing before when I was always searching to fill some void in me with drug abuse. Drugs can chew you up and cold-heartedly spit you out and that was a life I just couldn't live anymore. Putting all regrets aside for a moment, in one way or another, all of these events led me here, so I am very thankful for that.

Smile
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 10/24/2016 3:04:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I feel that all drugs can be used or abused.

I feel that to hold your nose at one set of drugs while condoning another is pure drug snobbery.

I think humans and their behaviors deserve more blame than the chemicals themselves, drugs really are not "good" or "bad", they are inanimate, it's how people handle them that makes a difference...

I dislike irresponsibility when it comes to use of any compound.

-eg

The Traveler
#11 Posted : 10/24/2016 6:30:00 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Cannabis

This was never a substance that was meant for me. The impact on my short term memory when taking it regularly is fatal for my programming skills. Also I never really liked the effects of smoking weed, only once with a vaporizer did I really like it. I guess a lot of my dislike for weed also comes from the fact that in The Netherlands all weed that is smoked is mixed in with tobacco, I do not like Tobacco at all. The only thing I used to do kind of regularly for a short while was eating a "space mars bars" with hash in it, but I have not done that for at least 20 years again due to the impact on my short term memory.

Alcohol

To me this is a nice substance than can have it's own entheogenic purposes. Alcohol is the substance that taught me to know my limits and to respect those limits at all times. With a few nice wheat-beers I can meditate in a euphoric bliss, I like that. Luckily I am one of those people that normally only likes to go to the level of tipsy and not beyond.

Amphetamines

Taking a good dose of amphetamines was something that was okay for me, I did not jump around and dance on it but just sat down and had great social interactions with it. Low dose amphetamines (10mg dextroamphetamine) definitely helps me with my concentration and social interactions.

MDMA

The few times I took MDMA I really liked it, I can appreciate this substance for it's emphatogenic effects. The hangover from it was not that bad for me when I took it the last time (16 years ago), maybe with my older body I might end up with a bigger hangover. I definitely think I will try this again in the future.

Cocaine

This one had a fast rush that made me feel I could take on anything. Thinking about what could have happened on such a rush is what prevented me from ever taking it again. Pleased

Opiates

My only experience with them was with morphine in the hospital right after surgery. They pumped me to the max of what is allowed in The Netherlands on the day after the surgery, that gave quite a nice high that felt a bit like being tipsy on alcohol. Due to the horror addiction stories I never moved in the direction of opiates.

Dissociatives

I tried MXE a few times and that showed me that probably all dissociatives are not meant for me. It closed my mind in the exact opposite way of how the mind expansion of psychedelics works. The only time I ever tried DXM I cannot remember much from the experience except that at the end it resulted in a lovely red purge-stain on my crispy white wall.

Benzodiazepines

The only one I ever tried is Etizolam which is a so called "benzodiazepine analog". I like to take a small dose of it (1-2mg) to go to sleep after taking a psychedelic that would normally keep me awake the rest of the night (like mescaline and LSD). I never tried it for any other purpose than to go to sleep on it.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Nathanial.Dread
#12 Posted : 10/24/2016 6:39:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis - I'm currently looking into getting my medical card here in the states as it is a remarkably effective treatment for my chronic migraines. As a recreational or entheogenic drug, I don't particularly care for it - it makes being social stressful and I've never felt like I learned anything from it. For me, it's just a very effective painkiller.

Opiates - Don't like, unless I'm recovering from surgery. As painkillers, they do the job and I'll give them that, but at the cost of nausea, itching, hiccups, and feeling like my head has been filled with roofing insulation. I don't get how folks becoming addicted to them, I really don't. Not what I'd call pleasant.

Alcohol - Not much of a drinker, to be honest. I hate the flavor. Never found a beer or wine I actually enjoyed drinking, it all tastes wretched to me. When I was in college I would drink at parties to get drunk and the first few times I loved it, but eventually it got boring. The experience of being drunk is fun, but also always the same, and even when you don't 'black out,' there's always a feeling like your memories from the night have been desaturated and washed out.

Also, it makes my OCD terrible the next morning.

Cocaine - Only had it once. I felt like a king for 15 minutes, and then spent 45 minutes irritably wishing for more cocaine. Seemed like a waste of money.

MDMA = Tried it a few times in college, I liked it, certainly, it was very enjoyable, but it lacked any sort of 'depth' that might draw me back into it. It was pleasureable and I could clearly see how in some cases it would be therapeutic, but at a party setting it wasn't 'interesting' enough to make me come back to it.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

AwesomeUsername
#13 Posted : 10/24/2016 11:24:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tommi wrote:
In my eyes, non-psychedelic drugs are in certain case spiritual as well, but they do not infuse you with consciousness, but rather reflect your own consciousness with certain differentiations, depending on the molecule of the substance. There is no need to dislike something if it does not work for you. It works for other people, and you must solve the mechanism of each drug to fully enjoy it.

I see hate on my favorite thing, MDMA, so I'd suggest that it "xplodes" your ego energy positively, so the calm emptiness after that can be used, to stay calm? Though, if you are egoistic, prepare for bad empty negativity after the course. It's a bit evil in the way, you start feeling like an ant dragging food to your formicary. But just play the role, keep calm and stay in spirit. Peace.

Nobody is hating AFAIK, but some have pointed out it doesn't work for them. Myself included. I see the point you are trying to prove, but I would have to disagree on the ego part...

Feeling bad after an MDMA session happens because the neurotransmitters in your brain are depleted and I hate to break it to you it really isn't that good for you. I've seen people become practically retarded from it and loose their fucking teeth. Everyone I know defending it and saying if it is pure stuff the comedowns aren't that bad, those people are in poor health too.

I usually say to people who want to try it that it's not worth it. Sure you might feel good on it, but so could you on meth or heroin. Take a tab of acid you're going to have a much more profound experience that sticks with you for a longer period of time.

I myself have done it a few times and the forceful and fake nature of the drug and the comedowns have kept me from trying it again. I don't know how it works for you, but I don't like having my speech impaired, feeling chemically drained out of those happy chemicals and experiencing brain zaps from what seems to be fairy moderate to low use.

Ayahuasca is the ultimate cure for trauma and PTSD, not MDMA, IMHO.

teotenakeltje
#14 Posted : 10/25/2016 11:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cannabis
I have a love/hate relationship with this plant. Under the influence of cannabis I loose all logic reasoning, and it makes me totally introverted. This can be good and bad I guess. For enjoying music it's nice, or playing the guitar, or painting.... Social interaction become a pain and feel like a waste of time when I'm high. I can't imagine vaping in the morning and going to work, OMG that would get my ass fired asap. To be honest I prefer groing the plant over smoking it. Oh yeah, it's very destructive for my sex drive....music seems so much more interesting then sex when I'm high. Smile

cocaine
Not my cup of tea. It feels like drinking 10+ cups of coffe at once (I don't like coffee). It makes me feel anxious and gives an uncomfortable body load. I dunno maybe the stuff you get here is only 5% cocaine and 95% garbage.

MDMA
I used to take a lot of XTC when I was younger, and go out raving. It was great, the music took on a whole other dimension, and I felt very good and socially outgoing. MDMA opens me up and I feel very balanced and warm. I love deep conversations on MDMA, normally I am rather quiet and introverted. Feel a bit heavy on the body and mind the days after though.
I rarely take it nowadays because I've got acid in my fridge! Smile

amphetamines
Once when I was younger I had a terrible panic attack on speed. Basically my mother had to bring me to the ER, and they gave me some valium, and they kept me for 3 days. That was pretty embarrassing. I cannot handle stimulants....

alcohol
Can be nice when used in moderation. If I drink too much I get out of control. Nowadays I rarely drink, maybe once every 2 weeks. I have an alcoholic mother so I'm very aware of the damage it does.

Wolfnippletip
#15 Posted : 10/25/2016 2:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only use Psychedelics. I drank and drugged for 30 years and then spent 10 years completely sober. Even sober I always knew Psychedelics were a very different, important and useful class of drugs. My views on other drugs?

Cannabis - I was saturated in it in my youth, but it makes me want to weep and hide these days, the paranoia is so bad. I would consider trying it again very very carefully as I think it might help me with some frustration/impatience issues I have.

Alcohol - It cost me plenty. Can't use it.

Sedatives - See Alcohol.

Amphetamines - Did them several times and apart from the novelty they felt like stress. I'm glad they aren't something my brain craves.

PCP - Did it several times, back in the day. A low dose is a nice high, but a larger dose cured me of ever wanting to do it again.

Opiates - My former drug of choice = No can do.

Cocaine - Is the Devil. I hate Cocaine. It is a degrading experience and the comedown is horrific.

Ecstasy - I really enjoy it but the comedown is like a slow motion cocaine wreck, so I can't do it.

Caffeine - I'm still a caffeine addict.

My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Praxis.
#16 Posted : 10/25/2016 7:57:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always been curious what else folks on the nexus dabble with.

Cannabis: I've been a regular smoker for years, but I've been smoking much less frequently as of late. As time goes on the high seems to make me feel more anxious than anything, and prevents me from being very productive. I used to find it incredibly useful and enjoyable but now I tend to enjoy it more in moderation.

Alcohol: I admittedly drink too much. I used to be similar to many others here in that I didn't really like alcohol at all. I thought it tasted bad, made me feel gross, and wasn't worth the negative side effects. Now I typically have a couple beers every night and enjoy drinking more than I should with friends on the weekend. I love the taste of good beer and the feeling is a great way to relax, and helps me to be more sociable than I am typically. It's something I'm actively working on, I'd like to drink significantly less, but for now it's a manageable vice.

Cocaine: I've only done cocaine a handful of times, not really my cup of tea. The effects are way too short lived and the comedown is no fun at all. I tend to find stimulants pretty boring in general.

Amphetamine: Meh, not that interesting to me. In my early college years I messed around with Adderall a bit and found it useful for getting work done, but the negative side effects aren't worth it in my eyes. I'd rather take a microdose of LSD for a similar feeling of productivity/sociability.

MDMA: MDMA is a mixed bag for me. Personally, it's never offered any lasting insight or clarity. Like most people, I love the feeling when I'm on it--but I'm always left feeling emotionally drained and stupid afterwards, like a zombie. Regardless of how great of a roll I have, the next day is as though the experience was totally fake and superficial; I have a hard time focusing for days and I feel intense emptiness and melancholy. I'm big on harm reduction practices with MDMA and I always take less than 200mg, it just doesn't seem to be for me. This said, I've had some magical experiences with people who've opened up in ways they never would have without the drug--and just from seeing how it can be so positive for other people I can acknowledge that the experience does have merit. I'd definitely be more inclined to experiment with it in therapeutic settings.

Dissociatives: Ketamine is the only dissociative I've got any experience with. Having experimented with it a fair bit over the past year I can say it's not for me. At first I was really intrigued by the k hole, but after spending enough time there I consider it a dead end. The potential for addiction and physical harm turns me off, and the last few times I indulged it left me feeling dirty. I'd be interested in trying MXE one day in the future if the opportunity ever presented itself, and I can definitely see the value of dissociatives as medicine--but I don't think they have much of a place in my life.

Opiates: Don't have much experience with opiates, I've always been too much of a hypochondriac. I've smoked opium a bit in the past and definitely found it enjoyable without any noticeable side effects or cravings for more.

Benzodiazepines: I tried Klonopin a few times back in the day. It was fun but didn't quite strike me as anything worth doing. I didn't like that it made me feel so sloppy. After seeing some people I know go through benzo addiction, I can safely say I've got no interest in them at all.

These days it's mostly just cannabis, beer, and psychedelics. I feel confident that psychedelics will always be a part of my life in some way or another, they're really like nothing else I've ever experienced. To me the occasional trip feels like a check-up at the doctor--it's just a necessary part of maintaining my mental health and general well-being. I still enjoy MDMA from time to time but after my last few experiences I'd like to lay off of it for quite a while. Ultimately I'd like not to rely on any substances at all and only use psychedelics on occasion, but for now I feel like I'm in a relatively healthy place.

I like what entheogenic-gnosis said. At least in my experience, it seems like psychedelics are often touted as morally or intellectually 'superior' to other drugs. I'm all for dismantling the stigma that surrounds psychedelic drug use, but not at the expense of other people who may find other substances helpful or beneficial for a number of reasons. Harm reduction is certainly important but I feel like that includes acknowledging that there are many different ways to approach drug use and abuse. I think it's great that we can talk about these things here without fear of judgment. Great thread everyone Smile
"Consciousness grows in spirals." --George L. Jackson

If you can just get your mind together, then come across to me. We'll hold hands and then we'll watch the sunrise from the bottom of the sea...
But first, are you experienced?

Fullspectrum
#17 Posted : 10/25/2016 8:45:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis: I wake up and turn on my E-Nail (electronic dab rig) and it stays hot all day, every day. I smoke all day. It's been a part of my life for 15 years now and isn't going anywhere. I make my own extracts and I buy others. I enjoy the culture, the act and the high. I don't get any psychadelic effect anymore. Just a nice mellow cool relaxation. Otherwise I'm too amped all the time.

Alcohol: Blah. I don't like hangovers. I don't understand why this crap is so socially acceptable and LSD/DMT are scheduled. I drink Makers Mark or the occasional beer. I drink less than once every other month. I do enjoy boating with some beers. But really, alcohol sucks.

Cocaine: I'll only do cocaine that I've personally washed. And that's rare. But good washed fishscale coke is a nice mellow euphoric experience. Something I enjoy once a year or so.

Amphetamine: I'm ADHD and this just makes me feel like I took ritalin/adderall. I hate the feeling. I spent my entire childhood having this crap shoved down my throat. No thanks.

MDMA: MDMA is my first love! I love rolling with my wife or close friends. I love MDMA> It's shallow sure, but sometimes that's exactly what I need after a hard few months. Something to remind me how wonderful life is even when you aren't doing anything at all.

Dissociatives: GHB, Ketamin, N20... I love all three of these. I'm pretty new to ketamine and hate the drip but I enjoy the effects. I mix N20 with any drug I'm doing. That and weed are staples. I like GHB to give me alcohol type effects without the hangover.

Opiates: I've always shied away from pills in general. I don't like the way people act on pills and I don't like the woozy feeling I get. Also the extreme addiction potential makes it a no-go.

Benzodiazepines: I use these as prescribed. I take 5mg valium when I'm experiencing heavy anxiety and will never take more than 2 days in a row. I've been prescribed valium for a couple years. I also use it to sleep after doing other chemicals. I use this solely as medicine.