We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Future vaporist candidate Options

Egzoset
#21 Posted : 9/19/2011 7:33:40 AM

Vaporist of Borg

I'm way past the point of being a "Future" vaporist candidate tonight.

I vaporized, i grown my own weed, i harvested and now i'm vaporizing again...

Cool

Oh, and by doing so i also found some fine potential hobbies!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Egzoset
#22 Posted : 9/24/2011 2:59:32 AM

Vaporist of Borg

I'm now into the auto-cultivation hobby...

As a bonus i can finally answer my own question (see initial post): Salvia Divinorum doesn't require a Steinel Heat Gun to get vaporised (and inhaled!)... The "sweet spot" appears to be around 277 °C (531 °F), judging from some other source. As long as the vaporizer's temperature range exceeds that it should work fine but the results are said to be variable i think. If so, then i guess dosage may be a concern.

Egzoset
#23 Posted : 11/7/2012 7:24:25 AM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

Egzoset wrote:
I'm now into the auto-cultivation hobby...

Time for a brief update.

I still like indoor micro-gardening but the hobby doesn't like me (i've got spider mites feeding on all of my plants now!)...

Sad

Salvia Divinorum no longer makes me curious, i've dropped the idea completly but remain open to alternatives. Anything which works while providing the same serenity might happen to be worth a thought but i don't see how at the moment: cannabis is such an enchanting plant!

Anyway, two years ago i wondered what the future would be made of and sure enough my present differs quite a bit from what i could have devised. My initiation to vaporization went fine but old ghosts started to hunt me again after a while: coughing for the most part and tolerance builup. The later issue may result from inconsistent supply so i must admit i've just failed at becoming self-sufficient so far (supplies from external sources are real random in terms of uniformity)...

At least i've been able to identify a potential remedy to harsh couphing: fog conditioning.

Here are two pictures illustrating recent experiment setups:

I kept blowing up my nebulizers so i finally decided to try a commercially available ultrasonic humidifier instead. Both contrations appear to work about the same, coughing remains a variable but now it's being delayed long enough for me to enjoy my vape session almost to the end. Though i'd enjoy it much better if there was nothing in my air/vapour path but glass & ceramic in close proximity to the HerbalAire oven (a piezo-ceramic element agitating cold water is OKay, it's the driving eletronics i don't trust)...

Immersing a Mist Maker "puck" in my home-made bong felt good because of the soothing effect and the hypnotic sound/light show but i've discovered that these devices can leak during a fatal electronic failure... That's definitely not good, hence my move to something slightly more conventional:

Plenty of fog, not likely to be poisoneous and its larger opening fits the diameter of a 2 liters soft-dring bottle conveniently - which inspired me the second setup shown above. That particular product is sold at Walmart on my side of the American border, i couldn't resist the urge to bring one back home when i realized what i could implement with it exactly...

Still an on-going project as i type, it's too soon to comment.

Egzoset
#24 Posted : 11/8/2012 5:48:17 PM

Vaporist of Borg

More testing...

An HerbalAire vaporizer is required to implement this configuration since a "valve" bottle is connected to the pump fresh air inlet hole (behind). Without it the user needs to prevent flooding his HA oven with moisture by plugging that opening with the tip of a finger, so i prefer the automatic version really...

The red wires on top are there to attach the (soft-drink bottle piece) dome to the reservoir handle which also serves as an anchor point here, rendering the experimenting setup much more stable & reliable.

It's simple to use: inhale moderately to cause some fog to go up the humidifier's internal column, inhale with more force to compensate the weight of water in the valve bottle and cause bubbling. The noise provides feedback while the corresponding turbulence reveals fume-like movements in my (Arizer Solo) glass stem.

The cannabic vapour path is quite straighforward to picture: past my glass accessory there's a set of 3 joined 5/16" I.D. 7/16 " O.D. PVC tubes with the middle one being (pierced under the dome) to let some of the fog in during inhalations while draining excess water out in between. That's a tiny hole equivalent to about 1/16 " (dia.), i used a sliding piece of tubing instead so that i could fine tune this critical factor...

I could as well have just put a single tube passing through the dome via tight-fitting openings, perhaps in a future experiment this is pretty much what i should do though i'd try more vertical angles to keep condensed water under the dome: water drops at the mouthpiece leaves a bad impression and fog in the HA oven would be even worst... Hence the need for an uni-directional valve mechanism. Ideally the downward curve meant to collect this water should be located as close as possible to the cannabic vapour exit but still within the space under my dome.

Utilisation is simple: inhale weakly to fill the dome with fog, inhale once to fill the path with cannabis vapour and then finish with another faint inhalation to empty the tubing section between the mixing hole (under the dome) and the HA mouthpiece. Thanks to a little fan in the humidifier there's positive pressure preserving the noble molecules located between my vaporizer and that mixing hole: setting the humidifer's knob to its minimum position will turn the fan on while producing fog at a reduced rate.

Aroma & taste appear to benefit from fog conditioning when compared to washing in a regular bong, as for coughing it seems i may have found a potential solution.

Yet this particular concept still needs to be evaluated by others than myself...

Egzoset
#25 Posted : 11/17/2012 9:51:58 AM

Vaporist of Borg

FogBong!

Drool

Egzoset
#26 Posted : 12/2/2012 9:42:27 AM

Vaporist of Borg

UPDATE:

FoggedBag!

The Full Set

I've numbered the various paths as follows. #1/#2 = Room-Temperature Fresh Air, #3 = Dry/Hot Cannabic Vapor, #4/#5 (balloon) = Dry/Cooled/Blended Cannabic Vapor, #6/#7 = Water-Washed Cannabic Vapor, #8 = Fog-Conditioned Cannabic Vapor.

Now here's a better illustration of the main path structure:

It's certainly "lossy" but at least this sort of elaborate "Bag-it/Wash-it/Fog-it" filtration method appears to effectively limit my uncontrolled urges to cough... Putting back some of the moisture removed by the vaporization process definitely works, try it!

Cool

Egzoset
#27 Posted : 10/25/2016 8:00:02 PM

Vaporist of Borg

Salutations,

Quite a lot of events took place during the last few years, for example i found my "FogBong!" method only delayed issues then i eventually identified the *1* item that i wish i had been told about right from the start, back in 2011, as it would have saved me some of the frustration: the Release/Transport Agent, which happens to be a token-expression of mine because i had to invent it for myself!...

So it's just been too long since i gave up all hopes to add contributions here, actually i can't even access my own posts. As a result i'll make it short and simply invite those interested in cannabic vaporization to get an update (from elsewhere i'm afraid!) as i managed to have more content published nonetheless. There's a recent animated .GIF sample attached (alt. img. source: http://oi63.tinypic.com/2yubtqr.jpg) for the reader's own convenience.

It's based on my customized VG pipe used as a "prototyping platform" to fuel further inspiration, etc. My goal as redefined today includes seeking a socially-acceptable alternative capable of competing with bigot prohibitionist solutions (e.g. total abstinence): via "seduction" strategies instead of imprisonment and HOMICIDE by POLICE, etc., etc...

My reasoning is simple enough, offer smokers a true option which beats the toxic combustion of paper + glue to a point someday nobody will ask for it and hence no businesses will keep it in their inventory, eventually.

Too bad that can't work fast enough despite decades of short-sight/blindness on planet Itnoc (In The Name Of Children)!...

Good day, have fun!!
Egzoset attached the following image(s):
Egzoset's Lava Bi-Energy Capsule - Sliding Control (see Cust. VG pipe, 2016-Oct-14) .GIF (199kb) downloaded 30 time(s).

PREV12