We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Some noob questions regarding extractions Options

Gringafos
#1 Posted : 10/23/2016 10:50:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello people of this amazing forum
Swim spent entire days reading teks and after finally getting his hands on some mimosa he decided to try cyb's a/b salt tek but one weird thing that he noticed is that the naphtha separates almost instantlty (usually under 3-5 min) so swim started to worry since from what he read he understood that it normally takes up to an hour. The only thing that he thinks he did wrong is he used iodized salt (visited 3 supermarkets, but he didn't find any non iodized salt) Is that ok to happen and if it is should he just wait until it sdparates 4 times like the tek said or do it for a longer period of time?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

null24
#2 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:05:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I usually see a quick separation of some of the nps, and the rest slowly appears from 15-45 minutes. What method are you using to mix it? You want to make sure the nps "touches" as much of the base soup possible, without emulsifying it. I usually use a 'bicycle pedal' motion to turn the vessel( mason jar) end over end about 40 times, let it separate for a few, then do that again the more times before pulling. The first motion doors separate wicker than the fourth. Sometimes, I'll also lay towels or and roll the jar back and forth on the floor. Careful with that though, I've yet to experience a exploded vessel, but pressure does build. Sure your fine, report your progress and yield per pull if you feel like, sure you'll also get feedback.

Happy extracting.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

TGO
#3 Posted : 10/24/2016 12:30:25 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

No need to swim here, friend, the water is shallow! Big grin

Check out these threads for some more info about salt:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=63065

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=32640

Also, have you looked in the canning section of your local supermarket? Canning and pickling salt is typically pure NaCl.

Good luck!

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Spaced Out 2
#4 Posted : 10/24/2016 9:49:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome friend.Smile

Looking forward to hearing about your results. Good separation of your NPS from the basic soup is a good thing. Just do multiple pulls and you should get out all your spice. Take your time!

Peace

Gringafos
#5 Posted : 10/24/2016 11:39:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So i did the first pull and holy mother of all that is holy that thing is saturated. Well i gues that goes to the freezer Big grin
Thanks for the fast reply
Have a wonderful day guys